Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][Waitlist open]  (Read 10063 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][Still looking for players!]
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 01:20:55 pm »

Well, nobody said gods had to be original... (I'm already working on the update but you're in too.)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 01:28:23 pm »

* Ultimuh is somewhat surprised that no one seem to recognize the name he have chosen for his own Fluffy Wambler.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2017, 01:36:30 pm »

Crazy Bob begins looking for things that he can use to create explosives.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2017, 01:36:54 pm »

Room for one more?

Name: Immanuel Bunt
Zodiac: Taurus
Specialty: Philosophy
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2017, 01:38:14 pm »

Build an underground outpost like building and a Essence Spring

Also it's SCIENCE!!! not science. There is a difference.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 01:41:20 pm by darkgamer »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][Waitlist open]
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2017, 03:39:39 pm »

Edit: Actually you know what I'm not going to make turns take forever. Also, everyone who applied is now in. Also, not to handhold but now that there are tools, better structures can be created. Though having a workshop to produce the tools might also be useful.

Turn 2

Huffi-Muffi-Guffi scavenged around. When they were simple wamblers, everyone did their own foraging, but now everybody's busy and so he would have to find some more food to make up for it, until a better food source is established.

[1] Unfortunately, while pondering the nature of the ecosystem, he wanders into a pack of snarling.... wolves? They don't actually look like wolves, but that was what the furry, many-toothed creatures look closest to. They begin to chase him. Before he knew it, he was a disembodied will.

Of course, it wasn't as hard a kick as getting smote by the Overlord, and he regenerated quickly.

Meanwhile, by the Overlord's decree, trees sprung out from the clearing that used to be the wamblers' den, lashed themselves into an Outpost. Wiggles the Magnificent found tiny tools inside the Outpost which lets him finalize its construction as well as taking an inventory. Some beds, and a simple laboratory. Not bad at all.

Additionally, the Overlord made an Essence Spring form itself nearby.

[6] Verdante explored the spring a little, learning that the water was actually not infused with Essence. The Overlord's magic had somehow caused magical water to well up here, before separating from the Essence. He can see glowing violet particles hanging in the water. Pure Essence powder, perhaps?

He took a sip. The Essence rolled in him strangely, unlike the ones already inside him. He coughed up a glowing furball, which expanded and morphed into a dead ringer of him. The golem!Verdante seemed irritated by its plight and lunges at its original copy!

Technology Discovered: Magic Dust

McFluff loiters around the island for something interesting.

[5] He wanders close to the volcano, the heat not much of a problem with his newfound godhood. A strange energy is in the air, and he stumbles upon what appears to be a temple, wrought of obsidian and wood. It proved to be fairly spacious, the entrance area barren and blasted by the ravages of time. Perhaps an expedition could be made deeper, with sufficient preparations.

Intelligent mortals have lived here before, but they must have been before his time.

[Mysterious Temple discovered]

Cuddles tries to will structures into existence but only got constipation for his trouble. Not one to be stopped, he tries to dig a hole in the ground to build an underground outpost, but it's going to take a while without the Overlord's help.

[1] Crazy Bob tries to remember how gunpowder was made and fails. He set off to the volcano and attempt to extract magma, incinerating himself in the process. He appears in the Outpost with an audible pop, and his fur somehow still a little singed.

Statistics

Balance

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Island

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:53:05 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2017, 03:50:56 pm »

I shall go into the mysterious temple
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2017, 04:07:13 pm »

Attempt to rally up my fellow Wamblers, to attack those mangy beasts whom gobbled me up.
They are a threat too close to our outpost, and should be dealt with as soon as possible.

"Their flesh shall become our food, their hides our armor and clothing, and their bones our weapons and tools!"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:45:40 pm by Ultimuh »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2017, 04:22:05 pm »

I Attempt to form a cage around that new fake wambler and the original, they should be able to settle who gets to live and who has to die.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2017, 05:02:17 pm »

Their flesh shall become our food, their hides our armor and clothing, and their bones our weapons and tools.
"Good idea, but there is the matter of arming ourselves before trying to fight the beasts."

With that, Bunt looked around. Sticks, stones, plant fibers...he grabbed some to drag into the outpost. There is but one weapon that can be built from these.

Perform research to invent hand grenades.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2017, 05:21:42 pm »

Try to SCIENCE!!! some better tools by adding Magic dust to the tools to see if that will improve them.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2017, 05:47:18 pm »

Collect some magic dust and refine it into explosives.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2017, 06:45:40 pm »

Also it's SCIENCE!!! not science. There is a difference.
That's pretty much the point. Whenever I've seen SCIENCE!! on the forums, it was either organized risk-taking to comprehend what some mystical thing does, or the careless provocation of said thing. Which, in essence, is straight-up research. So, please, be original.
With that, Bunt looked around. Sticks, stones, plant fibers...he grabbed some to drag into the outpost. There is but one weapon that can be built from these.

Perform research to invent hand grenades.
We are many, many steps away from obtaining these. Firstly, we have no gunpowder, nor way to obtain it reliably. Second, I believe this is a DF-based world, and DF lacks hand grenade technology. Dynamite, maybe, but not nearly hand grenades. We progress through technology in smaller steps, so I suggest the research of gunpowder for now.
(Ninja: this...might work. But before we do such mass research into it's possibilities, we should mass produce it. I'll look into cloth tech soon)

Anyway, turn 1 and we already have cloning technology. Granted, it's evil clone hairball technology, but we can worry about the political complications later. Tell the clone that I will kill myself if it drinks the same stuff I just did. It's my clone, so it will want to research what happens as well. Right? Anyway, after that, try to use the technology in the mini-lab to separate the particles from the water, and examine them closer. With some decent cloth technology, it should be easy to make a sieve of some sort and make it easier, but for now, we ought to know basics.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2017, 07:02:47 pm »

Try to invent a forge to produce even better tools.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2017, 03:01:27 am »

We are many, many steps away from obtaining these. Firstly, we have no gunpowder, nor way to obtain it reliably.
Who said anything about gunpowder? Sticks and stones are great for building hand grenades. Of course, wambler grenades are very different from human grenades, so I understand the confusion. You might call a wambler grenade a stone axe, or maybe a fire-hardened spear. Or maybe you'd call it a block of C4. Point is, whatever I get from that action, I'm going to call a hand grenade. As a philosopher, Immanuel Bunt knows that the name of an object has little to do with its function.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:03:53 am by IcyTea31 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7