Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][Waitlist open]  (Read 10055 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][Waitlist open]
« on: August 04, 2017, 12:30:56 pm »

Spoiler: OP (click to show/hide)

Players

Code: [Select]
Name:
Zodiac: Pick one. No particular reason~
Specialty: Keep it broad, like “Combat”, or “Art”

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:31:03 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][0/8]
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 01:10:24 pm »

Name: (How do we even have names? In fact, who named us fluffy wamblers in the first place? Anyway..I guess...) Verdante
Zodiac: Virgo
Specialty: Research
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 02:10:44 pm »

Name: Crazy Bob
Zodiac: Cancer
Specialty: Demolitions
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 02:55:34 pm »

(How do we even have names? In fact, who named us fluffy wamblers in the first place? Anyway..I guess...)
You named yourselves based on mortal culture upon your ascension to, uh, divine wamblerhood.

And you didn't know that you were called "fluffy wamblers" until you ascended and learned that there are critters like you on the mainland. Your ancestors washed up here and stayed mostly wamblerlike.

Actually you're not even capable of languages until you ascended.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 03:12:23 pm »

(How do we even have names? In fact, who named us fluffy wamblers in the first place? Anyway..I guess...)
You named yourselves based on mortal culture upon your ascension to, uh, divine wamblerhood.

And you didn't know that you were called "fluffy wamblers" until you ascended and learned that there are critters like you on the mainland. Your ancestors washed up here and stayed mostly wamblerlike.

Are WE fluffier than the mainland wamblers, or were our ancestors the fluffy ones? If the latter, I suggest (to other PCs, not specifically you) that we call ourselves New Wamblers.

Also, a few mechanical questions: Can the Overlord be killed other than because his throne was taken? If so, does killing him give the killer the throne, or does he keep overhood on revival? Does the throne go to no-one when he is directly killed, leaving overhead the next person to reach the throne? What is your policy on secret actions? What do we already know about our island, including food sources, local flora and other fauna, layout, etc.? In fact, DO we still need to eat, drink, sleep, etc? How many fluffy wamblers are unascended? What colorations can our fur be?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 03:26:31 pm »

Name: Huffi-Muffi-Guffi
Zodiac: Libra
Specialty: Gastronomy

edit: wait, not done
edit 2: done
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:28:17 pm by Ultimuh »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 03:30:21 pm »

Are WE fluffier than the mainland wamblers, or were our ancestors the fluffy ones? If the latter, I suggest (to other PCs, not specifically you) that we call ourselves New Wamblers.

Also, a few mechanical questions: Can the Overlord be killed other than because his throne was taken? If so, does killing him give the killer the throne, or does he keep overhood on revival? Does the throne go to no-one when he is directly killed, leaving overhead the next person to reach the throne? What is your policy on secret actions? What do we already know about our island, including food sources, local flora and other fauna, layout, etc.? In fact, DO we still need to eat, drink, sleep, etc? How many fluffy wamblers are unascended? What colorations can our fur be?

Your fluffiness is variable depending on the seasons. It's usually hot on the island so you're generally not as fluffy as mainland wamblers.

Secret actions are kosher. I originally planned on balancing the game around secret actions, but I felt that it would look stupid thread-wise. Feel free to make a secret weapon stash or whatever, but other exploring players or surveying Overlord may discover them, for example.

(Imagine the Overlord's vision like a game spectator, but they can only see so far aroune the Spire and watchtowers)

Wamblers are not the best zoologists so you have almost no knwoledge about the island. All you know about is your den (which got nuked) and an innate knowledge of the location of the Spire. You will have to explore and research to figure out what natural resources you have. You know how to forage but foraging is really for peasants when you now have the power to make magical crops. You also don't know what your predators are because as fluffy wamblers you just feed on plants and insects and run away from anything that moves and are bigger than you.

The Overlord, except when ousted, is one with the Spire. If the Overlord is 'killed' then it's game over because that would mean the Spire was destroyed.

You do need to eat and do other mortal related things. That's why I mentioned gardening in the OP. Your avatars are functionally demigods, albeit ones that don't know how to turn off their mortal tendencies. Researches can be made into augmenting yourselves.

Also it's one island so I think the wamblers are pretty inbred and have tawny fur. Think Ōkunoshima rabbits.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:32:37 pm by Cinder »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 03:33:30 pm »

You do need to eat
I knew my chosen specialty would be useful in some way! ヽ(^o^)ノ
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:37:06 pm by Ultimuh »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 03:36:25 pm »

Oh, also I have no idea how to handle morale, but it's going to be a thing. I think the idea is just that you start getting maluses if the wamblers are put tough situations (say, dungeon diving) and have to rest in terrible living conditions. You ARE gods, after all, and autocracy doesn't have to be oppressive.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 03:37:18 pm »

One question.. Are Fluffy Wamblers strictly vegetarian?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 03:38:34 pm »

According to DFwiki they're omnivorous.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][3/8]
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 05:19:36 pm »

I'll be watching.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 05:52:20 pm »

I'll be watching.
C'mon, join in! The more the merrier. There's so many useful specialties available; Farming, taming, cutting, persuasion, harvesting, vehicles, carpentry, stonework, weaponsmithing, fighting, cloth, fire, archery, trapping, training, teaching, survival, they're practically endless!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 06:36:29 pm »

Name: Wiggles the Magnificent
Zodiac: Cancer
Specialty: Crafting
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 08:03:50 pm »

I'll be watching.
C'mon, join in! The more the merrier. There's so many useful specialties available; Farming, taming, cutting, persuasion, harvesting, vehicles, carpentry, stonework, weaponsmithing, fighting, cloth, fire, archery, trapping, training, teaching, survival, they're practically endless!
You forgot backstabbing and murder. Never forget backstabbing and murder.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7