Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 9: Still Breathing]  (Read 10328 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome to Wikipedia-Wars, the free, open-source Battle Royale where anyone can win glory or die tryin'.
(Image Courtesy of Roseheart)

Spoiler: Backstory (Optional) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Players:
1. BlitzDungeoneer
2. FallacyofUrist
3. kj1225
4. NAV
5. darkgamer
6. Dolosus Doleus
7. Greatness942
8. Paxiecrunchle

Waitlist:
1. Person
2. GigaGiant
3. SamSpeeds

Preferential Picks: [Reward for Participating in Test Run of Asinine Violence. Don't worry, this list only applies once.]
AoshimaMichio
Sl4cker
Strider03
TBF
Yottawhat
S34N1C
mastahcheese
ironsnake345

Champions:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:47:52 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know I'm IN on this.

Edit: Er, this isn't in the rtd subforum. Is that intentional?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 03:49:42 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

IN.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile

Well, I'm already on the list. Just posting to get this on "Show new replies to your posts." I can't wait!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In, this looks really fun.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

In.

I remember the last time I played this... I was a painter, and painted magical stuff for Execute to bring out. Wish I got a more powerful Devil Fruit than the Track-Track fruit.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:10:31 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

In. Let's try Wiki Wars!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

IN

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

discord wen
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Round 0: The Triumphant Return
Time: Dawn

Day breaks over Frumaed, the cry of rosters fills the cool morning air as the sun climbs over the horizon. The sunlight reveals that approximately a third of the town's buildings, mainly consisting of storefronts and residencies, lie abandoned now. These empty structures have been stripped of their occupants, and whatever valuables those occupants could gather onto their wagons, donkeys and packs before setting off. These first voluntary refugees of the latest installment of Wiki-Wars were unwilling to leave their families in Frumaed to face the chaos and turmoil that will inevitable come.

But the town is far from abandoned. The town marketplace is as lively and packed as it is on any holiday or festival, and nearly all of the merchant families have stayed around. Legend has it that the Wiki Warriors bring with them exotic, seemingly otherworldly gifts to trade with. Astute merchants in the past have made off with great treasures like smooth, long bows that fire dozens of exploding arrows in a single minute, and two-wheeled peddled contraptions that are solely manpowered, yet are as fast as any horse. Likewise, several shops remain open in spite of the danger, looking to profit off the strange currencies with these newcomers. Mayor Barcock and the town council watch the town square nervously from his manor's balcony.

There is a great flash around half-past six that only lasts for a split second. Once it is over, eight bizarre looking figures wielding even more bizarre equipment appear on the smooth patch of earth right between the raised wooden stage and the marketplace. It was here that the townsfolk would normally congregate to watch whatever showing was unfolding on the stage, but now it was where the eight competitors stood in a large circle, each one equidistant from all others. The bustle of the marketplace stopped, and all looked on with bated breath.

The Wars began anew. 

Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlitzDungeoneer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: kj1225 (click to show/hide)

All large vehicles, including aircraft and boats, can be found at Lake Frumaed, a direct walk north from the titular township. All the boats will be in the water of the lake, and all aircraft in a flat clearing right next to the water.

Since it took me a little longer than expected to get going with this, I will give everyone some extra time to post.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 0: The Triumphant Return]
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 03:55:29 pm »

So, can I assume our positioning around the circle is based on our current listing? Ex. Greatness is nearest to NRDK and kj1225.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10