Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: (IC:) RWBY: Fallen  (Read 14498 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: (IC:) RWBY: Fallen
« Reply #285 on: September 03, 2017, 08:20:32 am »

Silver returned Magenta's wave, and looked around at the cave and its current inhabitants. "We're going to arrange medical attention and evac for you," he said to them. "Is there anything else we can do to help?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 03, 2017, 10:05:12 am »

Carnelian watched with some disappointment as Svanhild decided to escape instead of being treated. He considered it far from optimal to not be healed right then, as they could be attacked once more and having all Hunters in top shape would be more important than providing civilians with moral support. You cannot save anyone if you get killed. "No matter. Orwell, follow and treat her nonetheless, then take care of anyone else, prioritizing the most wounded." And, of course, giving preference to Hunters, as was usual. Though any civvies with grave wounds would still get bumped up the list because he'd rather not let any die under his watch.

"The rest of the team, tight perimeter." He called, gesturing for them to take defensive positions close to the cave.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 03, 2017, 12:46:06 pm »

"I think we're ready to go. We've bandaged up any of our wounds. Ready to head out when you all are."
The leader speaks up.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 03, 2017, 02:08:00 pm »

"Not too long, I think." She addressed the leader of the civilians not too clearly, though she did then make an effort to clarify. "We have one or two wounded Hunters. Not severely, but they should be treated now while it's easiest." Nexti looks at Svanhild rather pointedly, before her gaze softens and sweeps back to her partner.

"Not yet. I do not estimate it will be very long until it returns, but it is still down. I am fine, though, I managed to escape receiving any genuine wounds."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2017, 05:47:01 pm »

[DAYS LATER]
Command Tent
Court Martial of Eva Steel

-----

Field-marshal Green stands at the judge's table, slamming down his gavel.
"Now. It is to my understanding that Huntress Eva Steel is under charges of forgery, insubordination, and treason. The evidence--" He slams down a stack of paper, containing the forged serial numbers, "to me, at least, is too much to pass off as a mistake. Ms. Steel's subordination alone would not be reason enough to call you all here today, as that could easily be punished by her CO... however, Ms. Steel tried to shorten her punishment, by forging false serial numbers. This is tampering with military records..." The Field-marshal pauses. "With all of the evidence given to me, I have come to my conclusion. Ms. Steel, you are sentenced to prison for 20 years for your charges. Sergeant Kloon and Sergeant Dune, haul her off."

Eva is taken from the room by two men in uniform, to a truck outside, where she is cuffed and secured.

Field-marshal Green clears his throat.
"Now, I am impressed by the work of the teams under Commander Franks. So, I have a proposal. I would like you all to work for yourselves. Freelance. You go where you feel you're needed.
 I only hope that is the front, to help in retaking this continent... but if you feel you are needed elsewhere, do so. You may come find me if you wish for some guidance of where to start. I'm sure I'll have some ideas. Everyone is dismissed!"
He slams the gavel once more.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2017, 06:08:29 pm »

"Fucking "military records" my pasty ass."
With little idea of what to do, Azul goes to see what info on the front he can get before his "team" heads out.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2017, 06:23:05 pm »

"So we're freelance now then." Russell folded his arms across his chest, relaxing a bit now that the trial was over. He'd been a little surprised that Eva had tried fudging the numbers, and less surprised that she was being imprisoned. "So, where are we going Carnelian?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 26, 2017, 06:48:01 pm »

"I wonder what would happen if somebody hypothetically accidentally fired a bullet before it got filed and all that. Do you think hypothetically they'd get arrested, Kao?" Petra asks, enthusiastically leaning back and forth on her heels. "Because, you know, hypothetical military records and all that, but it was hypothetically an accident."
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #293 on: September 26, 2017, 10:17:40 pm »

Silver didn't comment on the proceedings. It was unfortunate, to say the least, and the charges did seem rather trumped-up - but she had placed lives in danger with her bullheadedness. He also didn't have any particular inklings of where to start with their freelance work, though ideally the timing would be as soon as possible. "Svanhild, do you have any ideas?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 26, 2017, 10:26:02 pm »

"Fucking "military records" my pasty ass."
With little idea of what to do, Azul goes to see what info on the front he can get before his "team" heads out.
Sometime in the near future...
Jalen privately takes their 'team' leader aside.

"As far as I know you and I; nobody had time to talk to Eva about anything regarding anything, and the judgement was harsh enough out of context despite any implications following up whatever she did. To label treason upon someone like that does not speak to me as our hierarchy of leadership is as stable as presumed. The others I can't speak about, however.

"Does our CO know about any of this? It does go through him, right?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 26, 2017, 10:41:45 pm »

Nexti wasn't especially brimming with sympathy for Eva -- from the little she'd interacted with the woman, she seemed fatally arrogant, and frankly Nexti had issues seeing arrogance as anything but a prime cause of evil. Well, perhaps 20 years was disproportionate, but Nexti found it likely that Eva was the type that would have gone rogue at some point or another anyway.
"I want to go to the front," she chimed in tersely to Silver.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:09:42 pm by Powder Miner »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 26, 2017, 10:43:31 pm »

"Former CO, thank dust, and who do you think squealed on her? No one on the team would do it, and not even artic has any real reason to do something to weaken our team.
Heck, he probably suggested the charges."

Azul obviously wasn't terribly happy with any of this. Ecspecially when the field martial didn't have a replacement for her. Add in their other member leaving for personal reasons...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 26, 2017, 11:06:46 pm »

It was sad to see one less Hunter taking part in their noble effort to save the peasantry, but Carnelian couldn't exactly stand up and defend her after her reprehensible behavior was followed by yet more criminal actions. She was just suffering the consequences of her actions, that much was clear. The formal written complaint he'd sent probably didn't even have anything to do with the final result, so clear was the extent of the trouble Eva had got herself into.

"Freelancing? I suppose that does free us up to pursue our pet projects as well, doesn't it Taffy?" he calmly commented before turning to Russell.
"We will not leave the front. We have much to do, and thinning the horde is far too necessary a task to abandon it. It also coincides nicely with my objectives." Carnelian replied, calmly fishing his monocle from underneath the generous amount of rust brown wool hair covering part of his face and slowly cleaning it with a fancily embroidered cloth.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 27, 2017, 05:02:17 am »

Svanhild leans back on the wall, thinking carefully. These last few days had been rather difficult on them, truth be told. Svanhild wasn't the kind of person to rush in without taking stock of her situation, after all; if she rushed in, either victory was already assured, or there was no other way out.

It was almost always the former, and almost never the latter.
"We should take a short breather. Clear our heads, get some food in our bellies, think about our next move, find out about the situation at the front. We should place ourselves where we're in the best position to help out and it might not be the front."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:04:56 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 27, 2017, 07:33:22 pm »

Taffy waved a dismissive hand at Eva's sentence. "Pffff, she'll probably be approached by a shadowy man in a suit within the hour, offering her a chance at redemption by completing suicidally difficult and morally questionable activities for what is probably a nefarious master plan."

"Freelancing? I suppose that does free us up to pursue our pet projects as well, doesn't it Taffy?" he calmly commented before turning to Russell.
Taffy began jumping up and down excitedly. "Peasantspeasantspeasantspeasants!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22