Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: (IC:) RWBY: Fallen  (Read 14522 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: (IC:) RWBY: Fallen
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2017, 06:51:12 pm »

Petra retracts Destiny Unwritten and braces the pommel against the ground, planting her fist on her hip and tutting at the naughty Beowolf.

"Really now? You're going to be nasty to me? Okay, but that's not a good idea . . ."

She adjusts her stance slightly and Braces for an attack.
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2017, 07:25:57 pm »

The battle was nearly won and Carnelian still ended up receiving most of the Grimm's attacks, much to his displeasure. His aura broke and he was more than a little bruised when the last few stragglers were finally taken down and the camp could once more be called secure. Still, it'd be unbecoming to display weakness, and the Huntsman looked as fine as he could be as he whistled for his team to form back up on him and report to their commander.

When Wyte asked them to choose a team to sally forth and check on the other two, Carnelian readily agreed with Azul. "Our team has taken more of a beating. Abyss is in better condition and does operate better with surprise strikes. It should be the team to go to the other two's assistance in case they found themselves in trouble like we did." Despite all of his appreciation of glory and the beautiful opportunity for a heroic moment in case the other two teams happened to be in trouble, Carnelian was cautious and reasonable enough to know his team wasn't in as good a shape as Abyss. Azul's team could have the laurels despite the fact he knew at least Taffy was likely to be disappointed. "I also have a formal complaint to lodge later." he calmly added. Details weren't necessary at the moment anyway.

Carnelian had already occupied himself setting up a defensive perimeter when feces hit the fan and, after the kind of baffling display he'd never expected to see amidst Hunters, team Artic ended up in charge of going to the away group's assistance. The nobleborn Huntsman didn't bat an eyelash during the whole thing. He didn't have the rank or authority to get in the middle of such delicate matters.

"Understood. Artic, you heard him. Orwell, you are on healing duty. We might face some resistance either on our way there or when we arrive and I want to be in a better shape than now." Though that was a bad development, Carnelian didn't have the time to complain. There were other Hunters that could be in need of assistance and every second they spent discussing the matter, the more dangerous it could be for the away team and whoever they were rescuing. The bright-haired Huntsman was going to file his thoughts away and present them later to their CO. Possibly in a finely-written memo. "Taffy, take point. I'm in no condition to do it. Orwell, with me. Russell, dynamic positioning. Move out."

Team Artic moves towards the Canyon area.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2017, 07:42:32 pm »

Taffy deflated a little on hearing the other team was to get all the glory, but understood; she had been rather alarmed when Carnelian took that gnawing. She was ecstatic when the order was reversed, but still alarmed at how gnawed Carnelian was.

"Right! Taking point!" she cried out triumphantly nonetheless. She'd go first and then the problem was solved! Strategy was easy!

Start running towards where the other teams went, making sure the rest of the team keeps up and any wandering surprises notice me first.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 05, 2017, 08:00:06 pm »

"Listen here, Miss Steel. I could do a lot worse with you. You're outright ignoring my orders. Under my command. I get that you're a hothead who think she's all that. I read your file. You don't have my respect, because you haven't earned it. Shut your damn trap, and listen. Listen goooood. I can make or break your career with one detailed report on what you've displayed to me today. If you would've just trusted my command when I told you to stay behind, you wouldn't be sitting here counting rounds. Well, actually, given that you're not taking your textbook punishment, I could send you in for deserting. Or rightfully hand your ass to you on a silver platter. But I'm going to give you one last chance to do as your told. Count the damn ammunition."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 09:28:27 pm by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2017, 08:43:50 pm »

"You got it." Russell primarily covered the rear of the group as they made their way toward the other teams. At the moment, Russell wasn't prepared to trust team Abyss with a book of matches at this point, but with the Grimm in the immediate vicinity dead, the camp was likely safe- at least until such time as the other three teams would return.

Follow the leader.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 05, 2017, 09:37:12 pm »

Svanhild turns to Silver, nodding.
"Excellent shot. I do hope you have more of those."
Now, as they said; try, try again.
Paranoia on the Beringel.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2017, 11:00:34 pm »

While busy scouting the perimeter with Azul, Jalen wondered on a thought.

"I'm guessing Eva's actions may be quite...affective of others who don't know her well. It'd not do much if our superiors pay more attention to her than to their duties. I'm glad you and the others stuck up for her though, but discipline holds over anything else, even with my...erm, semblance as it is.

"We just need a way to help her energeticness. She's really spirited in the common occasion. Any ideas?"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:10:36 am by Tiruin »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2017, 12:11:43 am »

"How about a shock collar? I'm sure that would teach her to not do this... More seriously, I don't think there's much we can do ourselves to get her to calm down some. And besides,
 she's just as qualified as we are, maybe everyone else should lay off her some and put some faith in her abilities despite her... eccentricities. Whether they like her personality or not we're ALL a team now and should fucking act like it."

Jalen would get the feeling that Azul is somewhat pissed towards Whyte.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 06, 2017, 12:28:48 am »

"Perhaps a subtle suggestion for her to lead us as a team somewhere to get his trust. Disrespect is looked down on, which is how she can generally be seen as doing with her happy-and-lucky attitude. And it's not his (our commanding officer's) fault he's like that--the Grimm are the biggest threat and it doesn't match the sense of priority.

"That and it doesn't feel like it promotes camaraderie to others if you act somewhat uppity. My idea is we ask to be a reconnaissance element instead, so there would be a lot less conflicts like these. And that means you getting and passing on all those orders, leader."

Jalen had her staff blocking out what little rainfall there was, keeping an eye out in both her feelings and vision for any eccentricities around. There wasn't much to indicate there were Grimm nearby, and it was her semblance that provided this vision a lot better than her eyes could for most of her experiences.

"Always keep in mind that we're part of a bigger group, just because these conflicts happen doesn't mean we've to force one or the other to set these aside. Time always eases this out, but only if we act."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2017, 12:39:16 am »

"Don't think our colleagues have much to complain about when it comes to being uppity. I mean, have you seen some of them? They're so typically rich Atlesian I'd bet they bleed wine and are more inbred than a sandwich. But acting as a recon division isn't a bad idea, especially considering we're the best there is at stealth out of the teams."
Azul pauses for a bit as he considers his statement.
"Not that that's hard given the other teams' choice of weaponry."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 06, 2017, 03:06:01 am »

Quickly standing up after his short flight, much less stunned now, Limón notices the landing hurt much less than expected and looks what he fell on.

"Oh, Silver. Thanks for breaking my fall, but try to dodge next time; better put the impact force into my plates and not your sternum."

He offers a hand to help Silver stand up again, and waits for a response, but he's already looking for the next target. The remaining Ursa looks dangerous and about to strike.

After a (possible) conversation with Silver, he starts sprinting towards Ursa B (using his landing strategy again as he goes down the cliff), addressing Petra and Kaolinn as he passes them:

"The Ursa! Gimme some cover fire!"

Use Basic Defense.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:11:04 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2017, 05:49:37 am »

"Tell me why you are here, mister Wyte"

Meanwhile, Wyte might have noticed that Eva has clearly been seperating all ammo that passes through her hands into more or less neat piles of same size
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:57:07 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 06, 2017, 10:15:02 am »

"That's sir to you, Miss Steel."
Wyte sighs.
"Remember. I want three counts of this ammunition. And I want the serial numbers written each time. I'll be back."
With that, he leaves the tent.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 06, 2017, 10:23:56 am »

"Heh, doesn't even have a reason to come here."

Eva just continued doodling on the bullets. With several thousand shot per person, and each serial number being 8 numbers long, it was logisticaly impossible for a single person to even do this within a week, even a sir would know that. So she just eventually wrote up a few pages that looked long enough that nobody would cross-referance the number and the serial numbers with the actual bullets, and made up random serial numbers. If Wyte wanted to spend several days on making sure they were corrected, he could eat his heart out.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2017, 10:55:28 am »

"AZUL! JALEN! PULL IT IN!"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22