Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 63150 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #495 on: February 23, 2018, 04:26:54 am »

I believe the queen is the leader of our dwarven civilization, while the king is some necromantic lord of the north bent on destroying life. But, there could always be some Twilight-esque love story going on with the unlikely relationship between a noble queen and a necromancer king lord on the other side of town. It'd make no sense, but probably be really funny if we ever meet this guy and the queen starts yelling at him for not calling or something.
Oh god...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 04, 2018, 08:40:30 am »

Before I post another update, here's an important question.

It has become increasingly difficult for me to keep up with all the things happening in the fortress, while number of replies seems to be falling. I'd like to thank you guys for active participation and input, but the output does not quite correspond with the amount of effort I put in it, especially since uni has been putting quite a strain on me.

I've been thinking about joining forces with some other local artist to work on a common project, though I admit I lack skills required for the task. As for now, I just want to make sure whether the resourses for further growth of this comic are exhausted or not.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #497 on: March 04, 2018, 09:07:23 am »

Oh, I was just waiting for the second update before saying anything.  I suspect many others were as well.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 04, 2018, 09:15:21 am »

Oh, I was just waiting for the second update before saying anything.  I suspect many others were as well.

It's coming monday I guess.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #499 on: March 04, 2018, 11:06:28 am »

My humble opinion, if you want
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Else I've been following the story for a long time, and will keep doing it. I'm a bit disapointed my lilttle character doesn't get a lot of opportunities to shine but it's how it is and I'm not complaining. I love it and I'd like it to continue please.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 04, 2018, 12:07:44 pm »

Well, it would really stink for it to end. I believe IndigoFenix is right on replies though. Since you said the next update would be soon and Kiam didn’t show up in the last one, I figured I would just wait for the next. I disagree with Cathar on the focus thing. I haven’t seen a lot of storytelling this way, and I enjoy it. I do agree that understanding the wider scope might be nice as well, but not to the detriment of the characters.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 04, 2018, 01:43:10 pm »

Yeah, I didn't say anything because when you said that you were working on two updates at once I was under the assumption that you already had an idea of how it was going to go. The plot is currently at a point where we are kinda between main events, so I kinda just wanted to see where you take it. I would definitely like to see this comic continue, preferably with how your current story telling style.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #502 on: March 04, 2018, 02:11:18 pm »

I disagree with Cathar on the focus thing.

I think people do not realize the brainpower it takes to move a machine of that kind, which gets heavier at each migrant wave. Keeping track ov every subplot with no editorial direction, finding ways to make things interesting and keep the plot moving along while giving screen time to everyone is an absolute narrative nightmare.
Monitor will just burn out if he keeps like that. I proposed this as a possible solution to a problem he exposed himself, since "keeping things as they are" is already something he stated not being able to do. That's just a possibility I propose, I'm sure there are others.

I don't mind my character taking a nice step back. It's cool. Ill keep fanarting every now and then.

Just remember there's a dude at the other side of the screen and that dude need to put work for that thread to even exist and maybe overloading him is not the best idea if you want that thread to continue.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 04, 2018, 03:40:53 pm »

I am aware there is another person on the other side of the screen. It is just that because of the style this has used, it has been one of the only things on this forum I have participated in for more than a week (the other being an entirely different kind of thing (BoundWorlds, in my signature)). I understand what you mean, but I would prefer a different solution than the one you propose.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 04, 2018, 03:42:05 pm »

In order to provide a tighter focus, I recommend the comic be rebranded as "The Adventures of Spinor and Stoat Friend".

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 04, 2018, 03:46:23 pm »

"The Adventures of Spinor and Stoat Friend, World Basketball Champions".

Fixed it for you.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #506 on: March 04, 2018, 04:12:33 pm »

I understand what you mean, but I would prefer a different solution than the one you propose.

Fair enough, good luck to Monitor either way o/

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 04, 2018, 04:13:18 pm »

Ye.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 06, 2018, 05:05:00 am »

I like Cathar's solution. If it's easier on Monitar Lisard, then I agree that this could change more into a fortress with a backstory goal or something.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 10, 2018, 03:03:19 pm »

I'm one week late I guess... Well, proper update coming tomorrow. As for now, my first take on lore.

...If any "king" ever comes up in a conversation in this part of the world, be sure they are talking about the King. The previous ruler of this land (and many others), queen Ber's father, has been universally known as The Emperor. Elves are guided by druids and clan counsils, goblins are ruled by warchiefs, the rebel barons had a lord-protector elected for such an occasion, and humans... No human lord have yet archieved prominence to be mentioned here.

the King, also knows as the Dead King, has ruled the North with iron fist for several years. Their origin is unknown, and sholars  still debate on the true nature of this tyrant. Using his undead puppets and captured slaves (mostly dwarves), he amassed huge wealth, rose an army of ancients and marched South, rasing town after town.

The King is known to be surrounded by a court of sorts, consisting of cultists, lesser necromancers, vampires and other creatures of the night. Old-world nobles are said to be serving him too, after being raised from their graves and tombs. Moreover, all kinds of rogues from the Empire are flocking to the King's capital.

On the contrary, Empress of the Southlands, Ruler of Tradebrim, Most Illustrious Queen Ber is a benevolent, enlightened monarch, focused on protecting life and liberty of all her subjects. She is 18 years old, inheriting the throne from her father at the age of 6. While the first five years of her rule were marked by civil war and unrest, order has finally been restored. It's only a matter of time that the lost lands are reclaimed!

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35