Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 64791 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2017, 06:37:02 pm »

I think the term "chaotic neutral" comes to mind. I'm a bit hazy on how vampire rules are in dwarf fortress. Is is you have to survive a feeding to become a vampire, or is it that you have to drink a vampire's blood? It would probably suck to have vampire animals walking around the fort.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 08, 2017, 06:40:23 pm »

You have to drink a vampire’s blood.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 08, 2017, 06:53:50 pm »

All right, at least we're safe in that regards. I don't think there's much we can really do to convince him at this point, so lets just see what happens and respond to it as we must. I would also agree that a good amount of the people voting for the "slaughter them all" are likely to be spectators, which there isn't much we can do against. I also realize that I went through all of that effort learning the dwarven item value system for most trading to just end up being like "alright, close enough, you can take that pile, I'll take this pile, see you next year". Oh well, if we ever need really specific wealth measurements I now have the expertise. I'm looking forward to seeing how this situation ends. In addition to the vampire troubles, we have Gommo being a potential were-mammoth. So that should be fun to deal with.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 08, 2017, 06:55:44 pm »

Well, at least buy is still at highest. Any way to exclude people who aren’t actively in the fort?
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 08, 2017, 06:58:09 pm »

The only way to do that would to just have people post their decisions, which a lot of people have already done.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 08, 2017, 06:59:20 pm »

Okay. Ugh.

Edit: Hey, wait, chaotic neutral? I think repeatedly murdering others for your own minor benefit puts you far into chaotic evil.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 12:15:30 am by Kamani »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 09, 2017, 03:17:21 pm »

He's at least trying to abide by the rules, saying he's going to try to leave people alive as well as try to go after the elves instead of us. If he was chaotic evil he would probably be actively trying to kill us all or turn us into a thrall army. But I would say he leans more towards chaotic evil than chaotic lawful, which is probably bad for everyone. Also, my experience with vampires in this game is that they show up with some INSANELY high skills in usually the most useless areas. Does he happen to be a legendary observer and tracker? Those probably won't come in handy, but it's always good to know.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 09, 2017, 03:19:19 pm »

Eh, murdering strangers is still evil. Especially since it increases chances of a war starting.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 09, 2017, 03:50:21 pm »

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 09, 2017, 04:02:54 pm »

My bad, it was lawful evil. Chaotic lawful doesn't make any sense at all now that I think about it.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #385 on: December 10, 2017, 01:34:03 am »

I...don't really think D&D alignment system is of any help in understanding ethic differences between groups, especially when one of this group considers slavery okay and the murder of trees to be abominable.
Besides being an old D&D players, I always play with houserules to eliminate this system as invariably leads to characters without depth.

Especially in an issue like "is it okay to buy slave to free them? Sure slavery is bad and buying them will de facto finance slave trade, but killing is bad and could lead to war which is even worse" cannot be summed up with denominations like evil or chaotic.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 10, 2017, 02:05:30 am »

The chaotic evil thing was about the vampire, not the elves. But honestly, I can’t say I really care about an alignment scale either, so...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 10, 2017, 10:10:59 am »

Yeah, I was trying to make a joke about the vampire who's striving for death and destruction but still is thoughtful enough to go after the elves instead of us. That and the talk about leaving people alive after feedings instead of just leaving them a shriveled raisin. But yes, in most cases the alignments don't really work.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 10, 2017, 11:39:49 am »

Just a heads up: my PC ded, so the updoot might take a while. Don't worry though, I'm not calling it quits.

Change of style might be a thing tho... At least for a time
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:44:44 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 10, 2017, 11:40:45 am »

No worries. Stinks that your PC died.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35