Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Archery Questions  (Read 1066 times)

Badargo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Archery Questions
« on: July 17, 2017, 06:37:15 pm »

Hello!

Is it possible to craft arrows now with all the changes related to crafting?

Does STR impact the damage a lot? I wonder if neither str nor agi but kinesthetic and spatial sense are important so that a squirshy ambusher could be deadly?

Is it possible to kill with headshots?

Is it worth it?

Thanks!

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: Archery Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 07:26:02 pm »

Hello!

Is it possible to craft arrows now with all the changes related to crafting?

Does STR impact the damage a lot? I wonder if neither str nor agi but kinesthetic and spatial sense are important so that a squirshy ambusher could be deadly?

Is it possible to kill with headshots?

Is it worth it?

Thanks!

1.You can't craft arrows/bolts in the vanilla game. Crafting can only be done in a mod like Deon's DF Wanderer or Random_Dragon's Adventurecraft.

2. No. Damage is based on material type for ammo used versus the material of the creature being struck. A bit more random for organics, a bit more progressive for "sturdy" inorganics. Zivilin had good write-up, Dwarven Research: A Study of the 'Archer' and 'Marksdwarf' Skills.

3. Do headshots occur? Yes, but it's random. In terms of aim, the closest you can get is framing your shots against the opponent's body position, or what I would call "sideness".

4. IMO, I'd say yes as I play archers all quite a bit of the time. My view is pretty marginal, as the conventional wisdom is it's better to throw missiles than fire them.