Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 6 - Persus13 wins  (Read 53562 times)

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6 - R6 D1 (5/7)
« Reply #255 on: September 02, 2017, 07:21:36 pm »

Looks like it's just because the hammer came before TheDarkStar's post, so the post wasn't counted. Teneb?

My role got switched (again). At least I'm not an Elvis Impersonator anymore.

Persus, why are you so scum, you scum?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 02, 2017, 08:00:41 pm »

Interestingly, TheDarkStar's vote on himself didn't count last round. I can only presume he was vote blocked. And he was a network robot. Meaning a lot of people here can vote block other people, am I right?
I didn't use voteblock on TDS. And my role switched, so I can't do that again.

Persus, why are you so scum, you scum?
I wish.

Deus Asmoth, hector1: Welcome back into the fray. How do you plan on finding Mafia this round?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2017, 08:15:29 pm »

Pfft, I'm going to continue pickling my lover lol I didn't kill her no really I didn't stop saying that you bastard I didn't do it it was like that when I got there the beer no I'm not celebrating I didn't notice what's that over there BLAM liver for the evening.

If anyone quickhammers Persus they're obviously scum. If not, precise prefuzek is the man we're after.

Persus should convince me to vote elsewhere. Prefuzek should convince me not to.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2017, 08:55:29 pm »

Looks like it's just because the hammer came before TheDarkStar's post, so the post wasn't counted. Teneb?
Correct.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2017, 09:53:03 pm »

Not sure I follow you there, hector.

If anyone quickhammers Persus they're obviously scum. If not, precise prefuzek is the man we're after.

Persus should convince me to vote elsewhere. Prefuzek should convince me not to.
'They' as in Persus or the hammerer? What if I choose not to convince you at the moment?

Did anyone else's role get changed last night?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 03, 2017, 12:52:55 am »

??? why would Persus be scum if someone else quick-hammers him? Town have no reason to quick-hammer, with the exception of confirmed scum.

Considering that, Why are you not approaching the basic assumption I'm making: that Persus is town?

I mean, if you choose not to convince me, you're kinda wasting any pressure you have on Persus, making your current vote irrelevant. In turn making my vote a bit less useful in turn... not sure I like that. What would you gain in doing that?

To answer your question: no, because the roles changed during the day. /pedant
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 03, 2017, 10:07:13 am »

Okay, what ze heck.

My role changed. I used to be an Arms Dealer, 1-shot kill count during the day, but now I'm [REDACTED]. If any of you are an Arms Dealer now, or know what my new role is, please claim. Something funny's going on.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 03, 2017, 11:39:49 am »

That were me, as you could have surmised from me saying "the roles changed during the day, not the night".

To be fair, my role should have changed too. The role description does say everyone Teneb :P

However, it tells you nothing. Everyone is saying their role changed, therefore everyone has had their role changed and it's not worth commenting on. It's not descriptive of alignment.

Why are you padding your post-count with nonsense, FoU?

What do you think of prefuzek confusing who I was saying would be scum between Persus and a hypothetical quick-hammerer?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 03, 2017, 12:09:48 pm »

To be fair, my role should have changed too. The role description does say everyone Teneb :P
All other players. If I didn't include that in the pm, my bad.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 03, 2017, 12:33:33 pm »

Totes just you changing things to suit you post-hoc, man. /s

DA: happy with your new role?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 03, 2017, 12:42:08 pm »

hector13: Why choose Dirty Bomb as a role? And why use it now? How does that help the town?
~~~
Loaded question. Your assumption is that I'm active lurking, asking why I'm active lurking is invalid as I'm not actually active lurking. Also, you're saying I'm active lurking after looking at the first two posts of mine this day. That doesn't make much sense.

What do you think of prefuzek confusing who I was saying would be scum between Persus and a hypothetical quick-hammerer?
Hm.
'They' as in Persus or the hammerer?
That they didn't go far enough in examining your statement. If they went a little further, they would have noticed that Persus being scum if someone quick-hammers him makes no sense.
~~~
... why did you vote Persus anyway, hector? Do you think he's scummy or worth pressuring? If you're planting a trap, do you think you're going to be able to catch anybody in such an obvious trap?

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 03, 2017, 04:21:54 pm »

hector13: Why choose Dirty Bomb as a role? And why use it now? How does that help the town?

So you think I'm suspicious enough for an FoS for my choice of role two games ago? Cool, cool.

It's a one-shot and it messes with people's plans for the game at large. I want to win, not have people be comfortable with what they have, and I'm okay with being vanilla once it's done.

Loaded question. Your assumption is that I'm active lurking, asking why I'm active lurking is invalid as I'm not actually active lurking. Also, you're saying I'm active lurking after looking at the first two posts of mine this day. That doesn't make much sense.

No, I'm saying it was an empty post. Three people commented on roles being changed, one of which claimed it. It added nothing to the game.

"Why are you posting nothing?" would perhaps have been a better question.

Hm.
That they didn't go far enough in examining your statement. If they went a little further, they would have noticed that Persus being scum if someone quick-hammers him makes no sense.
~~~
... why did you vote Persus anyway, hector? Do you think he's scummy or worth pressuring? If you're planting a trap, do you think you're going to be able to catch anybody in such an obvious trap?

Precisely. Nobody is going to quick-hammer Persus, especially when I point out it's an option. Gets more pressure on Persus and brings me and prefuzek into the spotlight because someone is L-1 in the first moments of the game as a result of our votes.

Unfortunately this means people like DA coast by, but we get better reads on us three.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 04, 2017, 09:25:37 am »

[1] So you think I'm suspicious enough for an FoS for my choice of role two games ago? Cool, cool.

[2] It's a one-shot and it messes with people's plans for the game at large. I want to win, not have people be comfortable with what they have, and I'm okay with being vanilla once it's done.
[1] The suspicion is more from the fact that using the Dirty Bomb ability doesn't help town. Unless it does somehow(in which case, please explain)?

[2] How does randomizing everybody's roles help you win?
~~~
No, I'm saying it was an empty post. Three people commented on roles being changed, one of which claimed it. It added nothing to the game.

"Why are you posting nothing?" would perhaps have been a better question.
Hm.

Well, there is the fact that prefuzek asked this.
Did anyone else's role get changed last night?
~~~
Precisely. Nobody is going to quick-hammer Persus, especially when I point out it's an option. Gets more pressure on Persus and brings me and prefuzek into the spotlight because someone is L-1 in the first moments of the game as a result of our votes.

Unfortunately this means people like DA coast by, but we get better reads on us three.
This does make sense. Interesting tactic.
~~~
I didn't use voteblock on TDS. And my role switched, so I can't do that again.
Why didn't TDS's vote count last round, then? Was he hammered before he voted himself?
Generic Arms Race.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 04, 2017, 09:41:26 am »

??? why would Persus be scum if someone else quick-hammers him? Town have no reason to quick-hammer, with the exception of confirmed scum.
Exactly.

Considering that, Why are you not approaching the basic assumption I'm making: that Persus is town?

I mean, if you choose not to convince me, you're kinda wasting any pressure you have on Persus, making your current vote irrelevant. In turn making my vote a bit less useful in turn... not sure I like that. What would you gain in doing that?
Nah, what's wasting the pressure is you asking me to explain my vote, since now it's revealed that the question was basically just another version of "are you scum?" (though it seems like it's about 300% more effective at getting things going, with your help).

What confuses me: you obviously didn't think I had anything concrete on Persus, so why this line?
If not, precise prefuzek is the man we're after.

But anyway Fallacy is 100% scum. This post basically says "I'm going to be as cautious as I can, and please don't anybody notice me".

So you think I'm suspicious enough for an FoS for my choice of role two games ago? Cool, cool.
Hector's correct here that this is an awful FoS, but what's even worse is that it's an FoS. Why not put your vote down? We're 12 posts into the game here - it's still basically RVS.

Not sure if using the phrase 'active lurking' three times in a sentence is a stylistic choice, but it comes off super desperate to me. Very dismissive.

Hm.
The 'hm' makes it look like you're thinking about something, which is clearly not true since you just reiterated what Hector said about it here:

And then finally a softball to the person you should be voting. This looks like you know Hector's town and you know you're not going to be able to lynch him, so you just want to have a nice conversation about motives.

And one final thing: if you were an arms dealer, why not use it as soon as the day started? You were obviously around before your role got changed, since you got in the first post of the day.

PPE: Ooh, new post. Just going to leave this one as is anyway.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 04, 2017, 09:51:26 am »

And one final thing: if you were an arms dealer, why not use it as soon as the day started? You were obviously around before your role got changed, since you got in the first post of the day.
Why should I use my only ability, a 1-shot, at the very start of the game? I planned on saving it.

Hector's correct here that this is an awful FoS, but what's even worse is that it's an FoS. Why not put your vote down? We're 12 posts into the game here - it's still basically RVS.
I was considering as to whether or not hector was scummy enough to vote.

Not sure if using the phrase 'active lurking' three times in a sentence is a stylistic choice, but it comes off super desperate to me. Very dismissive.
I'm not seeing that. Very subjective.

And then finally a softball to the person you should be voting. This looks like you know Hector's town and you know you're not going to be able to lynch him, so you just want to have a nice conversation about motives.
Because again, I wasn't sure if hector13 was scum(and for that matter, I was leaning town).

The 'hm' makes it look like you're thinking about something, which is clearly not true since you just reiterated what Hector said about it here:
I was answering hector's question. The first of my two sentences:
"That they didn't go far enough in examining your statement."
Which was the answer to hector's question.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23