Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 6 - Persus13 wins  (Read 53550 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - R1 D1 (6/7)
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2017, 12:51:02 am »

BHK: ...what about the six reasons Shakerag gave? What do you think of them?

Also note that there is precedent for town daykilling D1 in a game like this.
The reasons he gives are more or less "a thing that only I know that I will not tell you", "It was funny" (admittedly true), and "this will totally help the town". Besides that, there really isn't much of a reason to allow him to try to explain himself out of a hipshot on the first day before anyone posted, I mean come on.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2017, 09:46:13 am »

VOTECOUNT:
-FallacyofUrist:
-TheDarkStar:
-Persus13 (1): FallacyofUrist
-Shakerag (3): TheDarkStar, BlackHeartKabal, Shakerag
-BlackHeartKabal (1): Persus13
-Deus Asmoth:

Day ends at 21:00 of 1/August. 4 to hammer
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2017, 09:59:34 am »

Alright, I'm not satisfied with the discussion today.

Deus Asmoth: What do you think of what's happened so far?

FallacyOfUrist: Same question to you. What do you think of Shakerag's claim and people's responses to it?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2017, 11:21:28 am »

FallacyOfUrist: Same question to you. What do you think of Shakerag's claim and people's responses to it?

Basically this.

Funny as that daykill was, what the hell, man?

I've changed my opinion on randomly killing. Well, mostly.

Yes, there was a chance he could have randomly hit the King Mafia(yay!). There was, however, a much higher chance of hitting town(boo!). There is a higher chance of lynching King Mafia(yay!), but now we have less townies to get in the King Mafia's way(boo!).

It would benefit the King Mafia much more to day kill at the start of the day than it would town.

Shakerag says it doesn't make any sense for the King Mafia to claim the day kill... word of the day: WIFOM. Words of the day: refuge in audacity.

Isn't this the kind of crazy gambit one would expect of Shakerag if he were King Mafia?

And really, if Shakerag claimed it later rather than immediately, it would make him look scummier. Of course the King Mafia would want to avoid that.

But there's two further nails in Shakerag's coffin that really clinch it for me.

One. Vote analysis reveals...

persus13
That Shakerag voted Persus right after I voted Persus. This looks like bandwagoning to me. The town would be better served by voting somebody else and putting pressure on them, rather than putting all the pressure on one person.

Two. And this is the real clincher.

If Shakerag is town, why didn't he wait? He could have waited until there was a very suspicious mafia suspect, then killed them so the town wouldn't have to waste the lynch. He could have waited until he had reads, then targeted somebody he thought was scum instead of killing at random.

To summarize: Shakerag is my current top King Mafia suspect.

Also, being funny is not an excuse. Though I do like funny things, again, being funny is not a valid excuse.

I would vote him immediately if it wouldn't hammer.

Seeing as it does hammer him if I voted him, I'll put a FoS on Shakerag and note that I'll vote him tomorrow if we haven't found a better suspect.

The reason I'm not voting him immediately is that I want more time to talk.

Alright, I'm not satisfied with the discussion today.
Because this.
More talk can hardly be a bad thing. And we're not going to have much to discuss tomorrow if we just leave it like this.

Shakerag: How does it feel to know that your life is hanging by a thread? Do you regret your decision to kill early?

So I don't get mod killed for inactivity, I'll reiterate my vote on Persus13. Rules say you must vote once per real life day or get prodded. Two prods is death.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2017, 01:01:16 pm »

So I don't get mod killed for inactivity, I'll reiterate my vote on Persus13. Rules say you must vote once per real life day or get prodded. Two prods is death.
Weekends don't count
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2017, 04:52:39 pm »

BHK
... What?

I thought it was 1 Mafia and 6 Town...
This is something I missed earlier, but it's interesting that you didn't already know that the alignments weren't divided up that way. Are you saying that your alignment is town?

Persus:
Deus Asmoth: What are you most looking forward to in this game? Any grand plans to find the King Mafia?
I'm looking forward to getting night killed, I guess. My grand plan is to make the King think I actually don't want to get night killed by saying that.

Do you think you'll be putting in extra effort to win the crown as one of the more experienced players here?

TDS: Well, BHK is currently niggling at me, and I've decided to listen to my intuition and see how it plays out this game. Shakerag's kill was reckless, but it saves us time on that phase that I can't remember the acronym for at the moment.

FOU:
Shakerag: How does it feel to know that your life is hanging by a thread? Do you regret your decision to kill early?
Is there a point to this question?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2017, 06:22:37 pm »

BHK
... What?

I thought it was 1 Mafia and 6 Town...
This is something I missed earlier, but it's interesting that you didn't already know that the alignments weren't divided up that way. Are you saying that your alignment is town?
Yeah, my alignment is town. Considering that I watched the last KOTM game and it was 6 town and 1 mafia, it shouldn't be different now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2017, 06:38:26 pm »

Persus13: How do you think this apparent change in the rules will affect the game?
It makes alignment inspects a lot more useful to pick, as if you don't hit King Mafia, you'll still learn something.

It would benefit the King Mafia much more to day kill at the start of the day than it would town.

Isn't this the kind of crazy gambit one would expect of Shakerag if he were King Mafia?
Its also the kind of thing I'd expect town Shakerag to pull.

And really, if Shakerag claimed it later rather than immediately, it would make him look scummier. Of course the King Mafia would want to avoid that.
Why would the King Mafia be forced to claim it later today?

persus13
That Shakerag voted Persus right after I voted Persus. This looks like bandwagoning to me. The town would be better served by voting somebody else and putting pressure on them, rather than putting all the pressure on one person.
You RVSed me, which effectively means nothing. Shakerag's vote is a serious one based on evidence. Shakerag's vote is much more than simple bandwagoning.

Persus:
Deus Asmoth: What are you most looking forward to in this game? Any grand plans to find the King Mafia?
I'm looking forward to getting night killed, I guess. My grand plan is to make the King think I actually don't want to get night killed by saying that.

Do you think you'll be putting in extra effort to win the crown as one of the more experienced players here?
My scum game needs improvement if I'm going to win the crown. I can usually survive a pretty lengthy period of time, but I'm usually am unable to pull out a win at endgame. So I'll just wing it and see if that's enough to win the crown.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2017, 07:14:24 pm »

Considering I put the third vote on myself, I clearly DGAF.  What kind of insight did you exactly expect to glean from a very special question like that?
And no, no I do not.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2017, 08:55:07 pm »

NOT A PLAYER, POSTING AS AN OBSERVATION
Quote from: OP
KING MAFIA is naturally considered a Mafia.  Only roles that change how you appear will override this.  Yes, that means Serial Killer (Mafia).  All others are naturally Town.  However, no role can hide whether or not you were KING MAFIA - eg a KING MAFIA Ninja would flip "townie (town) and KING MAFIA".
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2017, 09:20:56 pm »

Come on now, that's totally not a legit thing to do.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2017, 07:52:21 am »

NOT A PLAYER, POSTING AS AN OBSERVATION
Quote from: OP
KING MAFIA is naturally considered a Mafia.  Only roles that change how you appear will override this.  Yes, that means Serial Killer (Mafia).  All others are naturally Town.  However, no role can hide whether or not you were KING MAFIA - eg a KING MAFIA Ninja would flip "townie (town) and KING MAFIA".
Come on flarbot. If people don't read the rules that's their problem.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2017, 09:21:07 am »

Is there a point to this question?
To answer your question and Shakerag's: yes. I was hoping to get some more out of Shakerag. To cement my view as him being scum or to determine him being town.

Evidently, it didn't really work.
~~~
[1] Its also the kind of thing I'd expect town Shakerag to pull.

[2] Why would the King Mafia be forced to claim it later today?

[3] You RVSed me, which effectively means nothing. Shakerag's vote is a serious one based on evidence. Shakerag's vote is much more than simple bandwagoning.
[1] Because Shakerag.

[2] I didn't say that. But inevitably(right? Generally it's inevitable) there's going to be a mass claim, and I think it would look more suspicious if Shakerag claimed it then rather than now.

[3] Perhaps so. *looks at Shakerag's post* Fair enough, looks like. Except his case is based on a single post. Still, scum hunting.
~~~
How about one more question before I hammer one.

Shakerag: Why did you vote yourself? What on earth is the point of that?

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2017, 09:22:09 am »

EBWOP: Hammer Shakerag, not hammer one. What was my subconscious thinking...
Generic Arms Race.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2017, 10:35:03 am »

VOTECOUNT:
-FallacyofUrist:
-TheDarkStar:
-Persus13 (1): FallacyofUrist
-Shakerag (2): BlackHeartKabal, Shakerag
-BlackHeartKabal (2): Persus13, Deus Asmoth
-Deus Asmoth (1): TheDarkStar

Day ends at 21:00 of 1/August. 4 to hammer

Hasn't voted today: FallacyofUrist, TheDarkStar, Persus13, Shakerag, BlackHeartKabal, Deus Asmoth

Prods will happen tomorrow morning
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23