Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 6 - Persus13 wins  (Read 55286 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - R2 D1 (6/7)
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2017, 10:31:47 am »

This is King of the Mafia. All mechanics are player chosen, so speculating over something being a "common mechanic" is useless. People are going to choose roles that are powerful.

So why would Fallacy lie about being poisoned, and why would that attract someone to kill him?
Because I tried to redirect the poisoning itself, thinking it wasn't a morning kill, so I thought he lied.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2017, 11:29:18 am »

It's also not a morning kill, because it happens the day before. Unless you had a day redirect you wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

PFP
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2017, 11:42:05 am »

It's also not a morning kill, because it happens the day before. Unless you had a day redirect you wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

PFP
Can you not redirect the actual kill?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2017, 12:00:30 pm »

PFP
Can you not redirect the actual kill?

Unless you can retroactively redirect where the poison ends up, no. The action itself occurred yesterday.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2017, 12:33:47 pm »

Yeah. Poisoning is an action that kills the poisoned player at the start of the next day. I know I was poisoned because when I was a yellow goo I gained the poison ability(and promptly shot Shakerag with it).

Currently, it looks like BlackHeartKabal is going to be lynched.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2017, 02:24:40 pm »

Can y'all relay why you're voting for BHK?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2017, 03:59:02 pm »

Yeah. My logic was faulty. Explaining why I went down that path, I'm a Bus Driver turned vanilla townie due to yellow goo. I bussed Fallacy and myself the last night of the first round, and thought he was lying, and I had redirected a vig again. It seems bandwagony, but I'd be voting in my situation.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2017, 04:22:28 pm »

Well, what is there to say now?

Except you should all be voting hector13. BlackHeartKabal doesn't seem scummy to me.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2017, 05:15:19 pm »

Well, what is there to say now?

Except you should all be voting hector13. BlackHeartKabal doesn't seem scummy to me.

BHK has never been scummy. I don't think the rest of the players are going to indulge you on your OMGUS.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2017, 06:12:22 pm »

hector:

I don't understand the question. Well, more specifically I don't understand why you're asking the question.
I'm asking the question because I was interested in your opinion on someone killing a trigger-happy day killer, though now I'm more interested in the reason for your unwillingness to answer.

As regards BHK, rolefishing seems pretty scummy to me.

FOU: If hector were king mafia, don't you think it would be more likely that he'd have killed Shakerag because he had the ability to daykill rather than for revenge for past actions?

Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2017, 06:22:28 pm »

hector:

I don't understand the question. Well, more specifically I don't understand why you're asking the question.
I'm asking the question because I was interested in your opinion on someone killing a trigger-happy day killer, though now I'm more interested in the reason for your unwillingness to answer.

I'm not sure how my not understanding the question is unwillingness to answer the question. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know what the questioner wants answered prior to answering.

We knew when you asked that Shakes didn't have a kill, day or night, so I'm not sure how I was s'posed to divine that your intent was to do with whether or not having a trigger-happy day killer killed was beneficial to town.

From my perspective, the question didn't make sense because it appeared you were asking if I thought it was a benefit to the town that someone who was town-aligned had been killed, which is obviously no, hence the confusion.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2017, 06:35:29 pm »

FOU: If hector were king mafia, don't you think it would be more likely that he'd have killed Shakerag because he had the ability to daykill rather than for revenge for past actions?
Daykiller Shakerag was last round(he died from my poison). This round Shakerag was a Dirty Bomber. Hilarious, but not a daykiller.

Also, how would the King Mafia know that Shakerag could day kill, if Shakerag could day kill this round?

I find your question interesting.
~~~

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2017, 09:07:53 pm »

As regards BHK, rolefishing seems pretty scummy to me.
And as one of the top two suspects, you've the utmost authority on this, especially since I was doing it for the sake of winning the round (with what turned out to be faulty logic, welp)?
It's not like I can affect the game any other way, right now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2017, 09:36:31 pm »

Speculating on the Night Kill is usually worthless and is always WIFOM.

I mainly found BHK scummy because he was rolefishing hard. I'm trying to decide if it was malicious in intent or not, but I'm going to keep my vote on him until I figure that out.

Again, still reading the hector vs. Fallacy debate as town on town.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2017, 01:07:33 pm »

What makes you think FoU and I are town?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23