Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 6 - Persus13 wins  (Read 55268 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 6: Scummy Road - R2 D1 (6/7)
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2017, 06:33:49 pm »

FoU

My bad time management stopped me from posting on Saturday.
~~~
There isn't much content to "pique my interest" yet, but it's enough for a little commentary...

You. I can understand RVS votes, but the way you phrased it implied you got a scum inspect result on me.

How inclined would you be to respond if I implied I had zip on you?

FoU's scum again, though.

Though you didn't elaborate on the inspect, if it exists.

Of course, there is the issue that the game is afoot... do you really have to do RVS all over again, hector? No, I'm not voting you because you're voting me, I'm voting you because you seem scummiest of all currently.

Yet you feel inclined to tell us that, implying that, yes, in fact, you are.

Also, what other than RVS do we have to go on? A single kill during the night that was very likely the KM.

I can only deduce is because you've put no effort into making yourself seem useful otherwise.
... like TheDarkStar and Deus Asmoth? Who also haven't really scum hunted yet?

They also haven't tried to get across that they can buff people, making them seem more useful than they actually are.

To be fair, you should've mentioned Persus, he made a post saying he probably wouldn't like to stand about on the sidelines, and did just that until recently.

Persus

DA has literally posted one sentance, but TDS looks like he's made a start, and it is the weekend? What makes you feel like TDS hasn't done much yet in comparison to everyone else?

Hector - Why should I believe you didn't kill Shakerag out of revenge for last round?
It's worth pointing out that King Mafia comes with a Mafiakill. So its likely that the King Mafia carried out the kill last night.

BHK: Are you annoyed that I didn't ask anyone else questions?
Yes, of course I am.
Did you vig the King Mafia last round? If no, who do you think did it?
Why are you rolefishing BHK?

Presently, I'm okay with keeping my vote where it started.

FoU
What makes Fallacy stand out from the rest of the pack in terms of lack of activity?

He's all but saying his role is town-sided, but not actually doing anything to prove it. His only attempt at scumhunting is to put pressure on someone who is putting pressure on him, while going out of his way to tell us that it isn't an OMGUS, simultaneously pointing out two players and saying they've also done little in the way of scumhunting, while not actually doing anything to encourage them to do so.

I also don't think we can extend, but just in case:

Extend

DA

BHK:
BHK: Are you annoyed that I didn't ask anyone else questions?
Yes, of course I am.
Did you vig the King Mafia last round? If no, who do you think did it?
Why the rolefishing?

FOU:
I can only deduce is because you've put no effort into making yourself seem useful otherwise.
Why attempt to deflect attention to other players instead of actually addressing the claim he's levelled at you?

hector:
Alright.

Hector - Why should I believe you didn't kill Shakerag out of revenge for last round?

I'd like to believe y'all don't think I'm that petty.

Do you think that killing Shakerag was a beneficial move for the town though?

I don't understand the question. Well, more specifically I don't understand why you're asking the question.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2017, 07:07:26 pm »

To be fair, you should've mentioned Persus, he made a post saying he probably wouldn't like to stand about on the sidelines, and did just that until recently.
I didn't take issue with that, I took issue with the comment that I'd win through that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2017, 07:22:18 pm »

It could be redirected
If you mean the actual poison kill being redirected, he lied then. If not, it's either way. I guess he'll tell us when it's over.

Extend
... Can we extend...? Worth a shot.

Also, I think I'm still voting Hector, so Unvote.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2017, 07:27:03 pm »

Day end is in about 3 hours, so I'm going to go ahead and vote TheDarkStar. BHK's responses have convinced me he's likely not King Mafia, and I'm reading the hector vs. Fallacy fight as town vs. town, so that leaves DA or TDS, and TDS feels more shady to me.
Right, I just noticed this. If Fallacy was lying about being poisoned, then I know for a fact that there's a living vig/killing role, but I'm not certain if they're King Mafia or not. But if they aren't... lynch one, vig the other, problem solved?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2017, 08:05:06 pm »

Day end is in about 3 hours, so I'm going to go ahead and vote TheDarkStar. BHK's responses have convinced me he's likely not King Mafia, and I'm reading the hector vs. Fallacy fight as town vs. town, so that leaves DA or TDS, and TDS feels more shady to me.

Persus13

I thought weekends weren't counted for time?

Right, I just noticed this. If Fallacy was lying about being poisoned, then I know for a fact that there's a living vig/killing role, but I'm not certain if they're King Mafia or not. But if they aren't... lynch one, vig the other, problem solved?

I still can't figure out why Fallacy would lie about being poisoned - if he failed to die from it after the first day, then he would be lynched and the only reason that it looked like MYLO was because I wasn't sure if the King Mafia was going to die or not.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2017, 08:15:14 pm »

VOTECOUNT
hector13 (2): BlackHeartKabal, FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist (1): hector13
TheDarkStar (1): Persus13
Persus13 (0):
BlackHeartKabal (2): TheDarkStar, Deus Asmoth
Deus Asmoth (0):

Hasn't voted yet:

Extension (3): Persus13, hector13, BlackHearkabal /// Votes needed to extend: 3

Day ends at 22:00 BRT of 9/August

Due to EVERYONE WANTING MY DAMN ATTENTION WHENEVER I POST ANYTHING HERE DAMN IT, I erroneously set today as the end of D1. Today is Sunday, so that would be impossible. The correct date would be 8/August, but you folks wanted an extend.

As far as prodding goes, posting during the weekend counts as posting during the preceding friday.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2017, 08:17:17 pm »

Unvote, my concerns with maintaining activity and an unexpected day-end have been cleared.

Now I'll see if I can figure out much more, but there doesn't seem to be much info to go off of yet to find the King Mafia.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2017, 09:03:22 pm »

BlackHeartCabal

It could be redirected
If you mean the actual poison kill being redirected, he lied then. If not, it's either way. I guess he'll tell us when it's over.
You're making this way more confusing than it is. Fallacy got poisoned during Day 1 and died at the start of the next. This means that he was poisoned by a poisoner, and not by a Kafka or a Cookie Baker. Its possible for that poison kill to be redirected, but it needed to happen when he was poisoned, which was on Day 1. There's also a role that cures poisons, but I doubt anyone picked that, much less cured Fallacy. Fallacy claimed being poisoned, claimed having received the poison ability because of his Yellow Goo role, and claimed that he used it on Shakerag. He and Shakerag then died during the start of Day 2, exactly like they would have if they had been poisoned. Why do you think Fallacy lied?

Why are you trying to figure out if there is a vig? The person who benefits most from knowing who is a Vig is the king Mafia, because they're most dangerous. If you're town, trying to find any vigs does nothing useful and tells the King Mafia who they are.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2017, 09:44:24 pm »

BlackHeartCabal

It could be redirected
You're making this way more confusing than it is. Fallacy got poisoned during Day 1 and died at the start of the next. This means that he was poisoned by a poisoner, and not by a Kafka or a Cookie Baker. Its possible for that poison kill to be redirected, but it needed to happen when he was poisoned, which was on Day 1. There's also a role that cures poisons, but I doubt anyone picked that, much less cured Fallacy. Fallacy claimed being poisoned, claimed having received the poison ability because of his Yellow Goo role, and claimed that he used it on Shakerag. He and Shakerag then died during the start of Day 2, exactly like they would have if they had been poisoned. Why do you think Fallacy lied?

Why are you trying to figure out if there is a vig? The person who benefits most from knowing who is a Vig is the king Mafia, because they're most dangerous. If you're town, trying to find any vigs does nothing useful and tells the King Mafia who they are.
"Why do you think Fallacy lied?"
He was King Mafia. That's a good reason as any.
"Why are you trying to figure out if there is a vig?"
I wasn't trying to find out who the vig is, I was trying to find out who it isn't. I wasn't aware that the actual poison kill takes place during the morning and not at night, so I got confused due to my actions last round.
My logic was - two prime suspects of 6 players, 3 people left. Lynch 1, 5 people at night, vig kills the other, if either is KM, we win, if either isn't, vig confirms and we kill the KM and win, but looking at it, I see how flawed it is.
I figured that this would be *some* sort of a lead during RVS, but now I get your point.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2017, 10:15:59 pm »

BlackHeartKabal

But the evidence we see refutes this.

I wasn't trying to find out who the vig is, I was trying to find out who it isn't. I wasn't aware that the actual poison kill takes place during the morning and not at night, so I got confused due to my actions last round.
...and narrowing down who the vig is helps the town how?

My logic was - two prime suspects of 6 players, 3 people left. Lynch 1, 5 people at night, vig kills the other, if either is KM, we win, if either isn't, vig confirms and we kill the KM and win, but looking at it, I see how flawed it is.
I figured that this would be *some* sort of a lead during RVS, but now I get your point.

Anyone can be chosen as the King Mafia (including the vig). And your plan appears to assume that everyone trusts you, which is definitely not the case.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2017, 10:34:33 pm »

BlackHeartKabal

But the evidence we see refutes this.

...and narrowing down who the vig is helps the town how?

Anyone can be chosen as the King Mafia (including the vig). And your plan appears to assume that everyone trusts you, which is definitely not the case.
1 - Morning kills aren't a common mechanic. I figured that poison could be redirected, and assuming that, I figured that it would be feasible he would be lying.
2 - Confirming who it is in the event that the two top suspects aren't KM doesn't?
3 - Yeah, everyone doesn't trust me. In fact, since nobody has everyone's trust, let's not plan at all, let's just random lynch until someone eventually wins. Not like my plan is any worse than RVS in general.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2017, 07:28:25 am »

This is King of the Mafia. All mechanics are player chosen, so speculating over something being a "common mechanic" is useless. People are going to choose roles that are powerful.

So why would Fallacy lie about being poisoned, and why would that attract someone to kill him?

2 - Confirming who it is in the event that the two top suspects aren't KM doesn't?
3 - Yeah, everyone doesn't trust me. In fact, since nobody has everyone's trust, let's not plan at all, let's just random lynch until someone eventually wins. Not like my plan is any worse than RVS in general.
Confirming if there's a vig merely tells the King Mafia WHO HAS A MAFIAKILL, that someone's gunning for him.
And there's plenty of options besides random lynching until some one wins. Like not randomly lynching people who are trying to out power roles.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2017, 08:53:14 am »

I was telling the truth about being poisoned.
~~~
It occurs to me now that hector13, if he was King Mafia, might have chosen to kill Shakerag specifically for revenge.
~~~
hector, I'm fairly sure you're trying to make me look scummy by using this manner of pressuring me. Trying to make legitimate grievance look like an OMGUS.
~~~
FoU

[1] How inclined would you be to respond if I implied I had zip on you?

[2] Yet you feel inclined to tell us that, implying that, yes, in fact, you are.

[3] Also, what other than RVS do we have to go on? A single kill during the night that was very likely the KM.

[4] They also haven't tried to get across that they can buff people, making them seem more useful than they actually are.

[5] To be fair, you should've mentioned Persus, he made a post saying he probably wouldn't like to stand about on the sidelines, and did just that until recently.
[1] I would have replied just the same.

[2] I said that because you're trying to frame an OMGUS on me.

[3] The thing about KOTM is that we can discuss previous rounds. Especially considering some players still have their role from previous rounds.

[4] Okay, how does saying that I can buff people make me seem more useful than I actually am?

[5] I actually considered mentioning him as well, but he produced slightly more content than the others... and he's posting now.
Also, don't red herring my attacks.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2017, 09:18:07 am »

PFP

It occurs to me that if I had a kill and was not King Mafia, I might have chosen Shakerag for revenge too. Pointless speculation is pointless. Props for King Mafia for their choice, making this an actual thing we need to discuss.

I'm not manufacturing anything about you, man. You brought up the OMGUS when you voted me, and provided no evidence beyond "hector says I'm scummy" to support that vote. That's pretty much the definition of an OMGUS, no?

What legitimate grievance do you have? There are six players still alive, five that you can reasonably interact with... and the only one you think is scummy is the one voting for you. What method of pressure am a I using to make you look scummy? What other methods might I employ that don't do that? Would they be better?

We can discuss previous rounds. How much influence do previous rounds have on any player's alignment in this and future rounds? What parts of Round 1 help us with in Round 2?

Telling players you can buff them is basically you saying "My first post is 10 hours before the deadline as we know it, I haven't done anything with the day game, but I can make up for that by helping the town during the night!"

What do you mean when you say I'm red herring your attacks? Why do you want to deflect my suspicions rather than dealing with them yourself?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2017, 09:47:23 am »

I'm not manufacturing anything about you, man. [7] You brought up the OMGUS when you voted me, and provided no evidence beyond "hector says I'm scummy" to support that vote. That's pretty much the definition of an OMGUS, no?

What legitimate grievance do you have? There are six players still alive, five that you can reasonably interact with... and the only one you think is scummy is the one voting for you. [5] What method of pressure am a I using to make you look scummy? [6] What other methods might I employ that don't do that? Would they be better?

We can discuss previous rounds. [3] How much influence do previous rounds have on any player's alignment in this and future rounds? What parts of Round 1 help us with in Round 2?

[4] Telling players you can buff them is basically you saying "My first post is 10 hours before the deadline as we know it, I haven't done anything with the day game, but I can make up for that by helping the town during the night!"

[1] What do you mean when you say I'm red herring your attacks? [2] Why do you want to deflect my suspicions rather than dealing with them yourself?
A wild wall of questions approaches.

[1]: This.
You responded to this:
With this.
They also haven't tried to get across that they can buff people, making them seem more useful than they actually are.

The first bit deflecting my defense by referring to evidence on another point, the second, pointless. A pair of smelly red herrings.

[2]: What do you mean by that?

[3]: None, but there are other considerations. Firstly, we can compare behavior in a previous round with behavior in the current round and attempt to detect differences. Secondly, players that survive a previous round as town keep their role.

[4]: Never mind the fact that many other players weren't really helping with the day game... but I can see your point here. So here's a return question: how does my buffing help town? And be sure to distinguish "not helping town" from "helping scum" in your answer.

[5]: You voted me for no reason at all, persisted on that, in an attempt to get me to vote you and hence look scummier. Also, you seem to be interpreting everything I say as scummy.

[6]: Dunno.

[7]: Wrong. I voted you because you were doing RVS all over again.
do you really have to do RVS all over again, hector?

Also, I don't think you ever responded to Persus' question. Questions. Question.
What makes Fallacy stand out from the rest of the pack in terms of lack of activity?
Bolding mine.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23