Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First City of SPAM! Chief Daren of Alb!  (Read 1770 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First City of SPAM!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 05:41:33 pm »

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First City of SPAM!
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 07:14:56 pm »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: First City of SPAM! Chief Daren of Alb!
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 12:09:43 pm »

You are Daren, the chief of the city of Alb, choosen by this position in the late Spring.

For generations, the village of Alb was sailing across the waters and harassing neighbours living down and up the coast. But recently, the harsher winters and splendor of Alb peoples have warranted an influx of newcomers, from formerly bullied tribes to reclusive loners living in the mountains to the south.

And now, by the fifth generation since the time is kept on the Great Knotted Net, the village of Alb became a city, a hub of living and craftmanship; bone and shell jewellery adorning the necks of the Alb women, the spears and round shields adorning the arms of Alb men. Mighty wooden longhouses and tusk-huts dot the insides of the city, its bounds demarcated with a long wall of limestone boulders stretching from the coast to the forest in the west.

The council of elders has always chosen the best, strongest and wisest men to lead the Alb, yet its first time for a son to succeed his father. Mayhaps it is time of change, or mayhaps an anomaly...

1st Winter, 5th Generation of Alb

There is a family feud endangering the peace in the town!

The family of Ogla the Clothmistress had killed the son and heir of Kolaf the Bonecarver during a slightly too excessive drunken brawl. Ogla wished to apologize and even brought expensive antler crafts to Kolaf, but Kolaf refused and just this morning has cracked open the skull of Ogla's youngest son with an axe.

Ogla is in rage, swearing that all six of Kolaf's remaining sons shall not survive the winter, while Kolaf says that he only made it even between both families.

The elders thus trusted the mediation or judgement of this issue upon you. You decide to...

A) Tell Ogla that it is indeed even - one son each died on both sides, and there shall be no further bloodshed stemming from it.
B) Tell Kolaf that he has to repay Ogla lest he will be punished for murder.
C) Tell Kolaf that he must leave the village with his family, because a drunken accident does not equal a planned murder he just commited.
D) Tell Ogla that she must leave the village with her family, because their drunken excesses are the root of the whole problem.
E) Tell both to leave the village's bounds and settle the matter via combat between them.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 12:33:29 pm »

B, respect the weregild or die!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 12:43:02 pm »

A. It seems even to me. One has died on each side. That's fairness.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 03:02:01 pm »

B.  Weregeld was offered for the accidental death and refused.  Fine.  But the demand for redress should have been brought to us, not meted out on their own.  Now a pre-meditated murder has occurred, incurring a greater debt of weregild than Ogla's crime.  Kolaf must pay the balance.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 04:49:42 pm »

B. Pre-mediated murder outweighs drunken manslaughter on the scales of justice, and our decision must reflect that fact.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 07:29:39 pm »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2017, 08:31:30 pm »

B
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 08:43:15 pm »

B
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 08:50:18 pm »

E Only another death will satisfy justice, and only strength of arms has the right to determine who will be the one to get that justice.
Pages: 1 [2]