Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 187

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth  (Read 159859 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth
« Reply #1845 on: September 15, 2017, 07:28:01 pm »

Oooh.. Advanced Core crystals.
Plus Advanced Itshana Selects and Basic Large Crystals?
Or I mean Basic and Advanced large. We can't exactly fail.
If we do it I'll want to roll for advantage on time though and pour dice into it.

Edit: Maybe intermediate instead of advanced, I don't know what the progression is like.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:04:19 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 15, 2017, 07:42:04 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Ikusasa Core Crystal Matrix: (2) Jilla, Tack
   -DEPLOY THE [6], Effectiveness; and the +2 on Bugs: (1) Jilladilla
   -Different allotment of bonuses
   -Do not use bonuses
   +3 Dice:
   +5 Dice (Time at advantage, +1 to initial progress): (1) Tack

ACESS:
AHAB:
Advanced Construction Equipment:
No Design:
There, clarified the Votebox a bit, added the other design candidates, added links. Two different subvote categories for the Ikusasa, the - for bonuses, + for initial dice allocation.

Edit: Edited in Tack's dice allocation. I'm holding off on that until we get a more concrete plan of revisions.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:03:40 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 15, 2017, 07:55:36 pm »

I'd say time at advantage and an extra dice in, using all five.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 15, 2017, 08:09:42 pm »

Ikusasa Core Crystal Matrix
   -DEPLOY THE [6], Effectiveness; and the +2 on Bugs: (2) Jilladilla, Madman
   -Do not use bonuses
   +3 Dice: (1) Madman, Jilla?
   +5 Dice (Time at advantage, +1 to initial progress): (1) Tack

ACESS:
AHAB:
No Design:

I will *probably* suggest my own research project later, that or just drop BATMAN and vote for laughs, but it's going to have to wait until Sunday, so I'm going to vote here just to make sure that something I like has a better chance.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: September 15, 2017, 10:03:10 pm »

-Do not use bonuses: (1) Milo
   +3 Dice: (1) Madman, Jilla?
   +5 Dice (Time at advantage, +1 to initial progress): (2) Tack, Milo

ACESS:
AHAB:
No Design:

Something this limited is a waste of our bonuses.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: September 15, 2017, 11:01:27 pm »

+3 Dice: (1) Madman
   +5 Dice (Time at advantage, +1 to initial progress): (3) Tack, Milo, Jilladilla
   -Do not use bonuses: (1) Milo

ACESS:
AHAB:
No Design:
Reformatted the vote a bit, just moved the dice allocation subvote to be above the bonus deployment subvote... Doesn't really change anything, I simply thought it would flow better like this. (The votes for the Dice Allocation are what you would compare against competing designs, are they not?) Ah right, added vote for the 5 dice allocation, I don't think we have any 'MUST HAVE' revisions planned.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:09:57 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: September 16, 2017, 10:09:05 pm »

Milo, do you have a rewording which is more ambitious?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: September 17, 2017, 12:16:42 am »

ACESS? (I really should rename it to ACES, a second C is not going to magically appear...)

It even explains how we will find a better crystal matrix, something that ICCM does not bother to do... If you read the proposals, they do the same thing, just mine covers all crystals. It will probably take longer, but it will make the most of the bonuses.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: September 17, 2017, 12:38:36 am »

If you read the proposals, they do the same thing, just mine covers all crystals. It will probably take longer, but it will make the most of the bonuses.

Be careful not to cast your net out too wide though, for you may just end up diluting the very same bonuses you seek to exploit to their fullest...

It even explains how we will find a better crystal matrix, something that ICCM does not bother to do...
I knew I forgot something, this didn't go through the entire refining process I normally do, just simply written-up on the spot... Tack, Madman, permission to edit the Ikusasa with such things? (Milo, I know you are voting for it too at the moment, but with your complaint it is fairly safe to assume you would be okay with such edits... I will try to think of something that isn't effectively a blatant ripoff of yours in the meantime... Feedback is appreciated, I do not want to deploy the [6] and +2 on anything with less than Masterwork Fluff after all.)

Glory to United Forenia!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: September 17, 2017, 12:41:25 am »

Feel free to steal my fluff :) Or roll your own, either way is OK by me. I just wish we would do all three/four crystals, not just one.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: September 17, 2017, 01:30:40 am »

Draig would likely bankrupt us if we tried.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: September 17, 2017, 01:41:58 am »

Draig would likely bankrupt us if we tried.

If we tried what? Editing the proposal or all crystals at once? Something else? Context Tack, context! (Also, any complaints from you if I revise the Ikusasa Matrix Fluff?)

Glory to United Forenia!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: September 17, 2017, 01:59:04 am »

You're fine to. As long as the goals are clear.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: September 17, 2017, 02:18:37 am »

Right, how is this for a revised write-up? Let me know if I should take a different track with it, or if I derped grammatically, or if I somehow failed to convey the primary goals of 1: Better Core Crystal Matrix; 2: Understanding of Core Crystals; 3: Medium Sized Core Crystals

Ikusasa Core Crystal Matrix Research Project (revised)
Our knowledge of how crystals work is anemic at best, we merely stumbled upon a setup that worked. And said setup is lacking, requiring expensive treatment options, a process that would drain our ore reserves to produce a sizable amount of quality crystals. This can not stand any longer.

This project will undergo an extensive period of research into the structure of the Core Crystal, beginning with analysis of Itshana-Select, Itshana-Refined, and unenhanced crystals at various stages of development to gain a thorough understanding of the makeup of our current matrix. After this, many crystals will be created with various small edits made to their matrices, tweaking it this way and that to actually understand how the structure of the matrix influences operations of the Core Crystal.

This knowledge will then be utilized in order to produce a base matrix that will make a core crystal of a quality that will outclass any core crystal previously produced at Wreth! Stronger shrouds, superior efficiency, and hopefully a greater internal storage, the Ikusasa Matrix promises much. With an improved base structure, it is suspected that this will also be able to produce a crystal able to withstand weights that were unattainable before... Or at least make a very solid step in that direction.

While the Itshana Process will almost certainly be mostly obsoleted by the Ikusasa Matrix (for Core Crystals), as it will have fewer flaws to correct, it will likely still be able to suppress any additional flaws occurring from the Flash-Growth process.

For the sake of Wreth, this Project Will Not Fail; and Wrethan Pride mandates it's success. Any relevant resource the Spire has to spare will be put to use, Vattery Experts, all of the spare vats (so the team doesn't have to skimp on thoroughness to get something accomplished this decade), the finest materials (should they prove necessary), theoretical engineers and more. The Department of Maintenance will likely be pushed to its absolute limit in keeping things around Spire Wreth functional, and the commandeered resources will have to be reallocated back to where they were after this project, but for a time, this will be acceptable. The sake of Spire Wreth demands it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:13:26 am by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: September 17, 2017, 11:10:03 am »

Please don't burn ALL our dice, alright?

We're going to need them. We might be able to spend some revisions to help our Skiff PLs (Got a bonus to doing so) and reduce cost of PLACEs.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 187