Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 187

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth  (Read 159940 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth
« Reply #435 on: July 19, 2017, 05:50:16 pm »

Score three for the bureaucrats!

Construction&Deployment phase, right? My vote is for the plan presented earlier, which should all check out given the Pincushion's cost.
Long Live United Forenia!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 19, 2017, 05:52:34 pm »

Link? It's kinda hard to know which "plan presented earlier" you mean.

So, the pincushion isn't as good as the suppressor, but it's a lot cheaper. Good enough.

Great rolls on the other projects!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 19, 2017, 05:52:48 pm »

Right, yes, forgot the last bit in my dumbstruck awe at your luck.

Is is now the special pre-war Construction phase. Any ships you build here will be immediately available for the following deployment phase.

You will start with 10 Skyskiffs in the basic pattern, and 15 marines ready to be outfitted.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 19, 2017, 05:57:59 pm »

Ah the glories of bureaucracy, efficiency in warfare, and acronyms.

By the way, this just showed up on the floor of (Choose one: Senate, Parliament, Hall of Lords, Hall of Councilmen, Grand Council, King's Advisers):

Orderliness
In order to have more orderly ordered items in the Department of Ordering, we wish for all future projects to have accurate and functional acronyms to which they can be referred. This helps things stay orderly enough for the orderly people in the very well-ordered Department of Ordering. Also, the Sub-Department of Redundancy and Repetitiveness Department prefers that things be easy to reference to aid in the filling-out-in-on-triplicate processes.

Also, yeah, sure, uh, OK. Plan. I have entirely forgotten, and will have to search for the plans. Darnit.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 19, 2017, 06:37:57 pm »

Gimme a minute to fetch mine, I'll update it to account for the Pincushions 3 wood cost
Okay, here it is:
Plan Rush Belt Spires + claim local ones
Transports: 2 normal, one 'budget' using a VS Itshana Select Core
Troop equipment: 4 squads worth of Bronze Cutlasses, 4 fire-teams worth of Pincushions, 2 entire squads worth of Pincushions, 6 aethersilk vests for squad commanders

Proposed setup: Squads A,B,D,E: Swords + Pincushion Fire Team, Vests for the squad commanders
Squads C and F: Pincushions to everyone, Vests for commander
Squads G and H: Unarmed
Transport 1: Carry Squads A+B+C, Head to The Unfinished
Transport 2: Carry Squads D+E+F, Head to Three Captains
'Budget' Transport: Grab Squads G+H Drop one off at our Central local Demispire, move to left local demispire and drop the other next turn
Everyone will use the new tactic, of course
Skyskiffs: 5/5 Split between The Unfinished and Three Captains?

BUDGET:
res   transports     equipment
28   -  27  =  1      -  0     = 1 c
23   -  15  =  8      -  8     = 0 o
63   -  21  =  42    -  36    = 6w
28   -  6    =  22    -  6     = 16s

Alright, I'll edit this if we decide to outfit some of our guys in Aethersilk vests, or if we want to give squads G and H a Pincushion fire team, but this does seem to be a good baseline plan. Suggestions, edits, and alternative plans are welcome to be discussed over. Remember to include your budget if you do an alternative plan.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:33:16 am by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 19, 2017, 06:58:27 pm »

We need at least a few weapon for the local squads since abandoned spires have hostile wild life. Otherwise looks good.

Some tests for officers wouldn't hurt anything, and it seems we have lots of silk.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:03:55 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 19, 2017, 07:11:44 pm »

We need at least a few weapon for the local squads since abandoned spires have hostile wild life. Otherwise looks good.

Some tests for officers wouldn't hurt anything, and it seems we have lots of silk.

That'll empty our wood supply, but if it turns out it ultimately isn't needed, well, it's 2 less pincushion fire teams worth of crossbows we need to buy later.
(If we want to be super safe, we may want to drop both G and H together, but it seems that the hazards in our remaining local demi-spires seem to be more environmental than hostile wildlife)

Glory to United Forenia!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 19, 2017, 07:15:10 pm »

We can always reinforce later if it turns out we misjudged the local threat...

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 19, 2017, 07:15:49 pm »

All I need to do is point out that 4 fireteams' worth of weapons is a full squad's worth.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 19, 2017, 07:22:49 pm »

All I need to do is point out that 4 fireteams' worth of weapons is a full squad's worth.
It is, but considering half of those are going to the Unfinished, and the other half to Three Captains (Squads A,B,D and E each get a fire team of pincushions), the distinction seemed necessary to make.

(TLDR, 1.5 squads worth of crossbows and 2 squads worth of swords, carried by 3 squads, to each spire)

Glory to United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 19, 2017, 07:26:29 pm »

So you're going to have sword-and-crossbow overlap?

Maybe do 1.5 squads of swords and 1.5 squads of crossbows, with the extra squad of swords (total) being sent to the local spire, or to the spire with dangerous wildlife?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 19, 2017, 07:27:44 pm »

Question: Assuming our transport ends its turn in demi-spire B after unloading everybody. Can it return to the capital, get troops, and move them to demi-spire A in one turn?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 19, 2017, 07:28:46 pm »

Question: Assuming our transport ends its turn in demi-spire B after unloading everybody. Can it return to the capital, get troops, and move them to demi-spire A in one turn?

No. Any action other than movement ends movement.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 19, 2017, 07:29:20 pm »

Remember: the original suppressor (before the bow was strengthened) was stated as being almost as good as the basic swords in CQB. The pincushion is roughly as good as that old suppressor.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 19, 2017, 07:34:41 pm »

So you're going to have sword-and-crossbow overlap?

Maybe do 1.5 squads of swords and 1.5 squads of crossbows, with the extra squad of swords (total) being sent to the local spire, or to the spire with dangerous wildlife?
Neither of our local spires seem to have heavy dangerous wildlife, at least from the descriptions of the conditions... (Three Captains is described as being Heavily Infested, for instance)

(Draignean, can we assume our troops come with simple knives or are they stuck with what we outfit them with, the clothes on their backs, and their fists?)

Glory to United Forenia!

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 187