Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 187

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth  (Read 159686 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth
« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2017, 08:34:20 pm »

Well, shitty roll, but not terrible anymore at least.

Time for a ship.

We should spend at least one die on the cross bow this turn. With luck we will finish it, but if not we still have one turn for that.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:37:03 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2017, 08:37:02 pm »

Well crap. Alrighty, guess we're down to this thing, then.

Windrider class Corvette
This simple hull is much larger than the Skyskiff, roughly equal to the Transport Barge in length, though it is substantially thinner and lighter, as it has no need for cargo capacity. The hull is made entirely of wood, with a basic copper "skin" to prevent total failure in the event of a single aetheric cannon hit. The real genius, however, lies in its adaptability. It has 8 mountings for weapons, three per side, one fore and one aft, internal space left open for all the crystals in any configuration that you could ever want, and its armor plates are notched, allowing additional copper or bronze armor plates to be mounted directly to the ship with ease, or for them to be removed or replaced even easier.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2017, 08:40:09 pm »

I'll vote for that.

It sounds like exactly what we need. Semi-modular armor, lots of crystal options, and plenty of places to mount weapons...
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 16, 2017, 08:44:01 pm »

And best of all, armor comes in discreet plates. Meaning that copper-clad steel is a definite possibility. We use the dice to finish the CRYSTAL project, not the crossbow. We have another 2 revisions to consider, after all.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 16, 2017, 08:48:44 pm »

Two revisions?

On second thought:

3 dice for the ship
2 for finishing the crystals

Next turn:
2 on crossbow
The others for finishing the ship.

Frankly the crystals and crossbow are more important than the ship, as we need to send out marines on transports ASAP

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 16, 2017, 08:50:29 pm »

Two for crystals now, next turn the crystals are finished if they aren't this turn and we put together the ship with all but 1 die. The last die is used for *yet another* revision to that crossbow to bring it up to scratch before we stick it in somebody's hands. Then I want a design for a repeating blaster using Aether.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 16, 2017, 08:56:32 pm »

But the crossbow is only at 6/12 completion.

For the ship: is there anyone opposed? From what was said about it earlier it didn't sound like anyone disliked the basic idea? My point is, I don't think we really need to vote formally, just wait for long enough for everyone to voce support (or point out flaws, or propose something else)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 16, 2017, 09:00:18 pm »

Welp, we have a horribly over-engineered light crossbow... Granted with a 2 I don't think we would've ended up with something notably better if we went with Madman's suggestion.

Either way, time to conjure the Votebox!
Quote from: Votes
Project Votes
2 dice into Itshana Process
1 die into Itshana Process: (1) Jilladilla
1 die into the Suppressor
Spend only one die in projects
Spend no dice on projects

New Design Votes
Windrider Corvette (3 dice): (1) Jilladilla
No Design

Right, likely jumping the gun again on this, but I agree the Corvette's a good idea, and the Windrider seems pretty solid.
I feel that the revision section of that vote box is a bit of a mess, and won't complain if someone re-arranges it into something more sensible or proposes an alternate system... (SOMEONE HALP I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!)

As for the Itshana Process, with one die we have a 66% chance of finishing it outright, but two would reduce the odds of failing to finish it down to 1/36 (AKA 1+1)... I'm kinda on the edge, on one hand, efficiency, on the other, surety...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 16, 2017, 09:03:33 pm »

Project Votes
2 dice into Itshana Process
1 die into Itshana Process: (2) Jilladilla, Milo
1 die into the Suppressor: (1) Milo

New Design Votes
Windrider Corvette (3 dice): (2) Jilladilla, Milo
No Design

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 16, 2017, 10:18:05 pm »

Project Votes
Two dice into Itshana Process (1) Mad
One die into Itshana Process: (2) Jilladilla, Milo
One die into the Suppressor: (1) Milo

New Design Votes
Windrider Corvette (3 dice): (3) Jilladilla, Milo, Madman
No Design

Crystals ASAP, followed by, I hope, some form of infantry artillery so we can hold onto those spires. Perhaps a light cannon revision,  as well as an autocannon, to make it infantry-portable?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2017, 10:44:03 pm »

Project Votes
Two dice into Itshana Process (2) Mad, Jilladilla
One die into Itshana Process: (1) Milo

New Design Votes
Windrider Corvette (3 dice): (3) Jilladilla, Milo, Madman
No Design
Changed my mind, going to go all in on the Itshana this turn.
(Maybe next turn dump another revision into the crossbow? Give it a proper trigger system, make it kinda sorta Semi-Automatic (by which I mean, aim, pull trigger to shoot, pull lever to reload, aim again, shoot, keep going until magazine empties), and drop trying to get accurate full-auto fire? Or is my sleep deprived mind just having no clue how a crossbow works?)

Glory to United Forenia!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2017, 10:47:02 pm »

The crossbow die isn't for a revision, it's to compleat the design. We need a minimum of one die invested in the crossbow before we can use it, and possibly as many as 6 (if we roll all ones)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2017, 10:57:40 pm »

The crossbow die isn't for a revision, it's to compleat the design. We need a minimum of one die invested in the crossbow before we can use it, and possibly as many as 6 (if we roll all ones)
I know that. I was talking about in addition to that.

.....Next turn is going to be us mostly finishing up our project list and bugfixing isn't it? Depending on just how much time the Windrider will take, we might just have to give up a project in the near future to 'catch up', so to say. The system seems designed so that we can't constantly make new Design Projects without having an ever-growing pile of half-finished projects...

Glory to United Forenia!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 17, 2017, 12:24:38 am »

Morning all. The crossbow is getting there, let's just give it a better handle and stock to decrease the shock of firing and increase accuracy.
Project Votes
Two dice into Itshana Process (3) Mad, Jilladilla, Tack
One die into Itshana Process: (1) Milo

New Design Votes
Windrider Corvette (3 dice): (4) Jilladilla, Milo, Madman, Tack
No Design
I'm going Crystals because we'll want to start production quickly, and crossbows can be shoved at marines on the way out the door y4
Also are we gaining anything by using VSI's instead of S basics? Is it substantially cheaper?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 17, 2017, 12:46:08 am »

Also are we gaining anything by using VSI's instead of S basics? Is it substantially cheaper?

If we use a VS Itshana Core Crystal for our transport instead of a S Normal one, we save 3 crystal but pay 3 more ore. It'll probably lose some transport capacity too. Draignean's exact words were:
Giving a transport a VS core or a VS lift would strain it to the utmost, and would be asking for disaster.  Both would be impossible.
Using Itshana crystals would reduce efficacy by a bit, but the transport could still function reasonably.
So it would work, but we'd probably lose a bit of carrying capacity. Would still be good at claiming our adjacent spires, probably less good for taking over the Unfinished... Although to be honest, I'm not sure if he meant VSI+S, VSI+VSI (unlikely), or VSI+SI

Glory to United Forenia!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 187