Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 187

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth  (Read 159456 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth
« Reply #2175 on: November 20, 2017, 11:43:00 am »

When did you leave of?

In any case, we're a bit doomed.

Kasgyre, as far as we know, appears to have upgraded their weapon crystals.
They've also done something that makes their Skiffs faster than ours
Their ground troops have developed an anti-PLACE shield, and tactics that allow them to kill us with virtual impunity.

At the same time, they've also developed a rapid fire cannon, a light based communication system, and some other stuff.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: November 20, 2017, 11:46:53 am »

Ah. Lovely. I recommend turtle tactics. Fortify our spires to hell and back and then transcend this dimension, or something.
(This is a joke. Partially.)
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: November 21, 2017, 07:24:14 am »

Right, so I'm a little leery of doing this, but hey, would let us do a round of revisions. Maybe toss a revision at Khipha to make it cheaper (remember, we haven't tried this yet, so diminishing returns haven't set in yet!), getting the extra income would go a long way towards actually catching up, if not in quality, then quantity.
Quote from: Votebox
Project Maintenance:
Windrider Production Line:
  One die (10C, 8O, 16W, 13S): (3) NUKE9.13, 10ebbor10, Jilladilla
   - Use Reroll bonus (2): 10ebbor10, Jilladilla

No new design: (2) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: November 21, 2017, 10:00:57 am »

So we managed to lose our tech advantage on skiffs, larger ships, and on the ground? Although I see we got medium crystals.
Has anyone considered "Spaced armor" on our larger ships in the form of a bunch of small floating balloons? If the cohesion of a shot is broken on impact, than floating balloons around our larger ships might help block a few shots.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: November 21, 2017, 11:17:55 am »

We, we never really had a tech advantage on the ground, but yeah, we lost pretty much any advantage we had.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: November 21, 2017, 11:56:08 am »

We need to design a ground based wave motion gun
We probably won't win. Why not not losing?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: November 21, 2017, 04:39:12 pm »

I'll lock votes in and roll dice in a bit.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: November 21, 2017, 06:32:11 pm »

Windrider Production Line
Progress: 18/40 (1)

There's been a terrible mix-up somehow, and everything is coming up wrong. The replacement paperwork came in, but instead of being the budget plans it appears to be one of the archived copies of the Windrider's electrical system. The actual files appear to have been filed under 'where the fuck is that fucking file', and there's been a continued waste of time trying to find them.

Spire Wreth's production stands at
13/y Crystal, 17/65 Banked
17/y Ore, 15/85 banked
19/y Wood, 30/95 banked
10/y Silk, 20/50 banked

It is now the revision phase. You have four dice to spend.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc. Goods (click to show/hide)

Current Technology

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: November 21, 2017, 06:34:12 pm »

No way. No, no, not possible.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: November 22, 2017, 03:33:21 am »

Right.. Onto revision proposals? As always, point out flaws, offer suggestions for improvement, or just cannibalize the proposals into your own improved version.

Khipha Cost Reviews
The Khipha University shows potential, but the projected costs have caused construction on it to fall to the side, with other projects taking priority. As a result, the Department of Audits is tasked towards reducing the projected expenses of the academy, while not compromising its effectiveness.
Through a mixture of expanding class sizes, auditing the expense forms for any unnecessary equipment (no, you don't need that gold plated pickax or a keg of the finest Wine.), and streamlining the paperwork involved; we hope to greatly reduce the costs of training and operating a Professional Mining Team.

Galerider Frigate
The Windrider Corvette has definitely straddled the line between corvette and frigate, and the previous upgrades to accommodate the Ikusasa Core combined with this proposed one definitely sends it over the edge into 'Frigate' territory. This upgrade to the Medium Core Windrider variant is fairly simple, a basic deck is added above the broadside armaments, allowing an additional 4 light aether cannons to be mounted. These additional cannons are all centerline mounted, allowing them all to fire at either broadside, with the front gun being able to shoot forwards as well.
The deck is to be constructed with the weight of 4 SUCKERPUNCH cannons and their gunners in mind, it need not do more than stably support them. As such, while the main deck of the ship will now have a roof over some of it, it will have no walls, only the occasional support pillar obstructing the deck.

HELP - Holdtight Equipment LooPs
Our Comet Skiffs have a remarkable performance and maneuverability. In fact, they're too maneuverable, to the point where our captains cannot push their vessels to their limits without throwing their crew and possibly themselves all over the place, and while our current harnesses prevent them from falling overboard to their deaths, it most certainly isn't optimal.
As such, the HELP, a series of incredibly short straps, hooks, and attachment points are to be designed, allowing our sailors to strap themselves to their stations, and not get sent in every which direction by a sudden maneuver.

Renegotiate Deal With the 'Master'
Dear Master of the Unfinished Spire,
We've received your demands, and offer a counter-proposal: If you accept, you shall retain overall control of the Spire as Wreth's Regional Administrator (of course, you can delegate the actual work of such a position if you wish). While this will not initially satisfy your demands, there are always those who deviate from society, committing crimes or other atrocities to advance their position. Normally, such people are utilized to harvest silk from the surface, however, in your Spire, these individuals will do naught but volunteer as assistants for your purposes. In time, you would receive a much greater quantity of men than the original 256 men you've demanded. You need only sign on the dotted line, and we will send the first batch of workers and 'volunteers'.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:24:29 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: November 22, 2017, 04:15:49 am »

The good news is, next turn if instant prototypes go through, we won’t need to try and fail to get the (2) needed to get it.

Edit: Frigvette (Corgate? Corgate?) is an idea I can get behind, as long as it’s acceptable as a revision.
Also, the production line may not be able to tackle it without a secondary revision, which is two potential failures.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:18:44 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: November 25, 2017, 03:45:48 pm »

Let's get this voting started.

Quote from: Votes
Khipha Cost Reviews: (1) Milo
Galerider Frigate: (1) Milo
HELP: (1) Milo
Renegotiate Deal: (1) Milo
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: November 25, 2017, 04:27:17 pm »

Yup, let's get this moving. I made some minor clarification edits, but everything is more or less the same as before.

Khipha Cost Reviews: (2) Milo, Jilladilla
Galerider Frigate: (2) Milo, Jilladilla
HELP: (2) Milo, Jilladilla
Renegotiate Deal: (2) Milo, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: November 25, 2017, 09:57:57 pm »

Khipha Cost Reviews: (2) Milo, Jilladilla
Galerider Frigate: (2) Milo, Jilladilla
HELP: (2) Milo, Jilladilla
PAIN: (1) Madman

Quote from: Nightmare Fuel
Purposeful Aetheric INterdiction
Rather than accept the blatant murder of hundreds of brave marines, we choose to fight. By firing every available aetheric weapon until the aether is gone whenever the spooks of the Unfinished are spotted, we hope to deprive the spooks of the aether necessary to live. A guard watch will be posted whenever the main body of troops sleeps, rotating watches as necessary to get through the night. The watchmen will occupy the cannon, which will be pre-aimed into dead space that they can be safely discharged into. This way, the watchmen need not be cannon engineers, just capable of pressing the fire button once or twice or as many times as possible.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: November 28, 2017, 03:15:42 pm »

Khipha Cost Reviews: (3) Milo, Jilladilla,10e10
Galerider Frigate: (3) Milo, Jilladilla, 10e10
HELP: (3) Milo, Jilladilla, 10e10
PAIN: (1) Madman