Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 187

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth  (Read 159951 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth
« Reply #1590 on: August 28, 2017, 02:50:47 pm »

Turn soon, fellow stalkers. Finalize whilst you can.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: August 28, 2017, 02:52:48 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Plan A: (1) 10ebbor10
Plan B: (0)
Plan C: (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Milo
Plan D: (2) Tack, Madman

Is there even a point now?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: August 28, 2017, 02:56:20 pm »

Plan A: (0)
Plan B: (0)
Plan C: (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Milo, 10ebbor10
Plan D: (2) Tack, Madman

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: August 28, 2017, 03:49:10 pm »

I'd like to note that my plans is functionally identical to NUKE's, but leaves us with better options on the east side next turn
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: August 28, 2017, 03:55:07 pm »

And worse options on the other side, in the unlikely but possible event we want to advance on the Unfinished. We aren't gonna be advancing past TC next turn, there's absolutely no need to move our forces closer to it.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: August 28, 2017, 03:57:29 pm »

Why wouldn't we want to go for Wrackspire?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 28, 2017, 03:59:27 pm »

because our logistics are already horribly awful at TC, I guess. I suppose it is possible to just sneak past, but I would nnot consider it riskless.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 28, 2017, 04:00:24 pm »

It'd allow making a push at Wrackspire, yes. But let's stabilize the ground situation at Three Captains first alright? And an extra PLACE there probably won't help as much as an extra squad at this point.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: August 28, 2017, 04:02:07 pm »

We have ore to spare this turn and skiffs sitting easy at Wreth.
If that's the case should we refit a couple more vomit comets or suckerpunchers?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 28, 2017, 04:19:23 pm »

We have 11 ore to play with, iirc. Spending any more than that will delay the 2nd Windrider even more

If you look back to my number crunching to the budget, you know what my stance on it is... (Get a 2nd transport, and use the rest to make Windrider #2 extra vertically maneuverable! Blitz Three Captains and Boom and Zoom those Kunai's!)

Glory to United Forenia!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: August 28, 2017, 04:21:04 pm »

Three Captains

A single skiff is sent to the Three Captains, and it manages to return a brief report. The Kasgyrites have moved on the three captains in force. They have two fully repaired Viper-class corvettes on patrol, as well as at least one skiff running higher in the air as a scout. Unfortunately, their scout was highly effective and forced the Wreth captain to make a dive into the mist in order to avoid the larger vessels. The intel he was able to gain, aside from the rough composition of the occupying fleet, is quite limited.

The report does note that the Kasgyrite's appear to have added at lease some measure of copper plating to the 'head' of their Viper corvettes.

Inside the Spire

The marines sit tight, which the ranking officers discover might have been the smartest move they could have made. The Kasgyrite tactics on the ground appear to fold smoothly from an honest fighting retreat to baiting tactics that attempt to set up ambushes. Hunkering down, however, largely seems to obviate the issue and allows the men to mostly hunker down behind barricades and shoot Kasgyrites as they pop up- though it isn't terribly effective.

Basically, both sides end up shooting at one another, but accomplishing very little. The Kasgyrites refuse to make a concerted assault against the Wreth fortifications, and the Wreth refuse to advance into the Kasgyrite front.

Confirmed Kills: None
Losses: None

Neither Side has Gained Ground at the Three Captains

The Unfinished

The skiff traveling to the Unfinished notes that is as it ever was. Eerily still and silent, unchanged in form and character in the years since the failed attempt to put it under Wreth Control.

The captain reports a crawling sensation on his skin whenever he looks at the unfinished, cloud shrouded spire, but there is no visible Kasgyrite activity in the area.

Spire Wreth

Two additional units of Marines have been trained and stand ready for action. Two additional skyskiffs have been constructed and able to be deployed, filling the dock production line.

With the exception of the scouts, all outstanding vessels have been recalled to the spire.

It is the beginning of the year 361 AR.

Spire Wreth's production stands at
13/y Crystal, 63/65 Banked
17/y Ore, 46/85 banked
19/y Wood, 94/95 banked
10/y Silk, 50/50 banked

It is now the design and project maintenance phase. You have 6 dice to spend.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc. Goods (click to show/hide)

Current Technology

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 28, 2017, 04:24:44 pm »

I like either medium crystals or officer training.
Both can only help our skypeople, although the latter will help our marines as well.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: August 29, 2017, 12:06:52 pm »

So, when can I expect a votebox and/or some of the Discord ideas migrating back here?
---

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: August 29, 2017, 12:11:35 pm »

Quote from: When can Draignean expect a votebox
Soon : (1) 10ebbor10
Tomorrow
Next week

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 29, 2017, 12:50:48 pm »

Alright, so posting this again so you don't have to go back and find it. I propose spending the other two dice on multipurpose mounts and Carcass Shot for the Dragun.

Imbewu-Itshana Manufacture Process
Crystal size has always been limited, our flash-grown crystals of too low quality to withstand its own weight, and traditionally grown crystals are obviously completely out of the question. While some members of the R&D team speculate that the full Itshana Refinement Process could 'brute force' the issue to an extent, the resources such a test would entail would significantly detract from military production, and of only mere speculation, so as such is therefore barred without an Official Order in triplicate.

However, one of the engineers suggested an alternative, one that wouldn't mandate great spending of our mineral resources to only stop our flawed design from collapsing from their own weight: Seed crystals; notably, seed crystals roughly the size of a finger to a hand, slowly and carefully grown over the course of an entire year in an Itshana Select Vat to ensure maximal quality of the seed and minimal impurities that would compromise the crystal later in its development.

Once made, these Seed Crystals can be used in a normal vat to produce a crystal with a significantly higher structural integrity, strong enough to hold the weight of a much larger crystal, and a more efficient internal structure for performing whatever task that specific crystal was built for. However, sufficiently large crystals will have their flash-growth process slown down, so as to not make the effort put into making the Seed all for naught. Of course, these seed crystals can be used in an Itshana Select vat, to minimize impurities taken in by the flash-growth process and to maintain the Seed's remarkable quality throughout the entire process.

Thankfully Wrethian Pride has prevailed, and Vattery Experts and the best Structural Engineers across Wreth have come together to best decide the specifics of the structure and shape of the Seed, and many of our industries have volunteered their Vattery time for experimentation to allow the team to pursue as many different avenues as possible to ensure the best possible result. Unfortunately, the Department of Maintenance has declared that while this is ok for now, said experts will have to go back to their normal jobs, and the vatteries must be returned to the industry, or else things around the Spire will start breaking down.

Imbewu-Itshana Manufacture Process
  -4 dice (2 Progress, DEPLOY THE [6], Effectiveness): (1) Jilladilla
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:10:08 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 187