Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 187

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth  (Read 159569 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Wreth
« Reply #1065 on: August 01, 2017, 11:05:22 am »

Alright, your revisions look mostly locked in, but I'll give you about half an hour to shuffle things about before I do the write-up.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 01, 2017, 12:01:03 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Revision 1:
Itshana materials review: (4) Tack, Milo, Johiah, Jilladilla
No revision: (2) NUKE, Madman

Revision 2:
Itshana Select Skyskiff pattern: (1) Milo
Tactic: Avoid the strong, target the weak: (1) Nirur
Tactic: AGILE (Avoiding Guns Intelligently Lowers Expirations): (5) Madman, Jilladilla, Johiah, NUKE, Tack

Order:
Cloudrunner scrap:,Yes: (6) Milo, NUKE, Madman, Jilladilla, Johiah, Tack
High Vigil Time Reversal, Yes (7)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 01, 2017, 12:26:50 pm »

Itshana Materials Review
Efficacy: 1
A review of the material used in the Itshana process comes back with the worst possible news- there is no significant room for optimization of the current formula. The Itshana process, as currently envisioned, is nearly optimal, and the the current exotic materials required show little potential for substitution with cheaper concoctions. Aside from an increase in their knowledge of crystal chemistry, the experiments yield no valuable results.

AGILE
Efficacy: 2+1
Exploiting the superior maneuverability of our ships is a natural progression considering the inferior capabilities of Wreth vessels, and, at the small scale, it goes quite well. The issue is with coordinating multiple vessels. With groups of ~5 small skiffs, captains are able to move nearly freely, but as the number of friendly ships increases, the lack of formal evasion patterns makes crashing into a friendly vessel an increasingly likelihood. Still, for small groups, the AGILE tactic is effective.

Scrapping the Cloudrunner
3 Dice Returned
2 ore, 12 wood returned.

It is now the Production, Deployment, and Tactics phase.

11/y Crystal, 25/55 Banked
8/y Ore, 7/40 banked
18/y Wood, 41/90 banked
7/y Silk, 31/35 banked

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Current Technology

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 01, 2017, 12:28:29 pm »

Well, shit. Screwed by the dice again. How much worse can this turn get. Err. I didn't say that!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 01, 2017, 12:41:22 pm »

Worst case, we find out that the enemy got good rolls.

In that case, it's Game Over.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 01, 2017, 12:45:33 pm »

Hahaha. Who needs good rolls?
We do :/

Okay. So. Ships from Three Captains and Wreth to the Haze Maze. Ships from Unfinished to Wreth. Transport sits in safety- or brings reinforcements to Miner's Folly.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 01, 2017, 12:49:48 pm »

Turns, reverse order (Most recent first)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164855.msg7523089#msg7523089 Year 3
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164855.msg7521241#msg7521241 Year 2
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164855.msg7517733#msg7517733 Year 1

I didn't include the design and revision phases from before the game started.

NUKE, just specify that the Wreth ---> Haze Maze ----> Three Captains skiff move as a group---the Wreth-based skiffs should run past Haze Maze and collect the 3 Skiffs sitting there.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 01, 2017, 01:31:32 pm »

Quote from: Plan A
The two skiffs at Wreth move to Haze Maze and collect the three skiffs there, before continuing onward to the Three Captains.
Meanwhile, the Herbie is refitted and the VS ishtana crystals prepared to be put in a skiff produced next turn (if that's allowed)
The two Skiffs at the Unfinished move to Kasgyre demi-spires A and B to fish for unprotected transports.

Quote from: Plan B
The two skiffs at Wreth move to Haze Maze and the five skiffs there set up a defensive perimeter around Haze Maze.
The Herbie brings men and equipment to the Haze Maze to pre-empt an enemy attack.
The two skiffs at the Unfinished hold and continue the blockade.

These are basic skeletons of a real plan, but they give us an idea of some options available to us, and may gather some preliminary votes.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 01, 2017, 02:31:22 pm »

Quote from: Plan C
The two skiffs at Wreth move to Haze Maze and the five skiffs there set up a defensive perimeter around Haze Maze.
The Herbie brings men and equipment to the Haze Maze to pre-empt an enemy attack.
The two Skiffs at the Unfinished move to Kasgyre demi-spires A and B to fish for unprotected transports.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 01, 2017, 02:36:45 pm »

Quote from: Plan D
The two skiffs at Wreth move to the Haze Maze and the five skiffs there advance on the Three Captains, with an eye out for enemies travelling the other direction.
The Herbie does nothing.
The two skiffs at the unfinished retreat to Wreth.

This my suggestion. I've come around on the five skiffs in the left lane- if Kasgyr advances on the Haze Maze, they'd reach it before our skiffs leave, and combat should(?) ensue.
We absolutely cannot lose Herbie. We also cannot afford to send well-equipped troops out- we need those resources. Sending unequipped troops is pointless. Thus, Herbie stays home.
If they want to land at the Unfinished, well, they're going to go there under guard, so two skiffs are unlikely to do much good. Besides, unless they are reading our thread psychic, their troops will not be equipped to survive in there- all the swords and guns in the world cannot protect the mind from malicious influences. Plus, I'm thinking, what if we lose a whole bunch of skiffs, and the enemy is still poised to advance? By pulling the two skiffs at the Unfinished back, we have two more skiffs ready to defend our home turf, rather than a spire containing naught but corpses and slendermen. 

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 01, 2017, 02:38:55 pm »

I still argue for a deterrent raid. Send the Unfinished skiffs to Kasgyre's demispire closest to Three Captains, intercept reinforcements and transports. Even if they die, they'll stop the enemies' travel if I'm lucky.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 01, 2017, 02:45:56 pm »

I still argue for a deterrent raid. Send the Unfinished skiffs to Kasgyre's demispire closest to Three Captains, intercept reinforcements and transports. Even if they die, they'll stop the enemies' travel if I'm lucky.
They can't reach the demispire closest to the Three Captains- that's three spaces away. Unless you mean over the course of two turns.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 01, 2017, 04:35:03 pm »

Oh. Right.

Then I'd say send them to the middle demispire. Let's see what's where, shall we?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 01, 2017, 04:41:48 pm »

Two for the raid, now about the other five...

What is wrong with plan C?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 01, 2017, 04:50:34 pm »

The foremost problem is that you want to send Herbie to the Haze Maze to get shot down. No thanks. Even if that wasn't a terrible idea, what equipment? Are you splurging for swords, or just handing out Pincushions?

Also, sending two skiffs on a raid is... a silly idea. We have no reason to believe there will be unguarded transports there. A) They know the risks of an unguarded transport. B) Why would they be sending transports to their demispires now?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 187