Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150234 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #2610 on: August 14, 2018, 07:49:11 pm »

Quote from: Revisions (2 dice)
Schola Communicae: (3) NAV, Kashyyk, Doomblade
Testing a variety of topaz additives: (0)
Chloroargentic Acid: (1) Kashyyk
Topaz Growth Chart: (2) Doomblade, NAV
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:27:07 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: August 14, 2018, 11:42:40 pm »

Schola Communicae: (4) NAV, Kashyyk, Doomblade, Rockeater
Chloroargentic Acid: (1) Kashyyk
Topaz Growth Chart: (3) Doomblade, NAV, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: August 15, 2018, 10:15:24 am »

RKNV Anguis Service History: 358-359, 366-376, 384-

Anguis has spent 13 of of the past 26 years in active service, which is exactly half.

Our next oldest ships are Viperidae and Dionysus. They are both 13 years old, therefor they have spent the same amount of time in service as Anguis despite being half as old.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: August 15, 2018, 02:47:04 pm »

Schola Communicae: (4) NAV, Kashyyk, Doomblade, Rockeater
Chloroargentic Acid: (0)
Topaz Growth Chart: (4) Doomblade, NAV, Rockeater, Kashyyk

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: August 15, 2018, 02:56:43 pm »

Schola Communicae: (5) NAV, Kashyyk, Doomblade, Rockeater, Jerick
Chloroargentic Acid: (0)
Topaz Growth Chart: (5) Doomblade, NAV, Rockeater, Kashyyk, Jerick

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: August 16, 2018, 12:32:15 pm »

Schola Communicae
[Efficacy: 2]
The department heads at the KRAA don't appreciate a bunch of spirebound engineers poking into their business. Replacing them would be easy, except for the fact that they all have bloody tenure. They successfully extort a rather silly amount of money for teacher training, equipment, and 'necessary expansions to the grounds', which we're going to have to pay down bit by bit for the privilege of having them do their jobs.

Alternate comms officer price: 2 crystal, 2 ore, per 1

Topaz Growth Chart
[Efficacy: 1]
It was a good idea, but it's simply too difficult to listen to seedling crystals with any degree of reliability. By the time the crystals have grown to a size where we're able to detect a heartbeat, it would be infeasible to scrap them- and they'll likely be almost done already. Sadly, all this does is give us a bit more knowledge of when crystals mature.

A crystal's timer will become visible when it has 1 turn left. However, this does not allow us to scrap the other crystals.

Spire Kasgyre's Production stands at
12(+12)/y Crystal, 25/125 Banked
12(+2)/y Ore, 13/95 banked
17/y Wood, 18/95 banked
10/y Silk, 16/55 banked

It is now the production, deployment, and tactics phase.

Spoiler: Royal Topaz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goods Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:08:21 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: August 16, 2018, 01:07:25 pm »

Quote from: Two-Headed Viper's Nest
Production:
8 topaz pistols (2c 2o 2w)
2 topaz trim webs (1c 1o)
1 topaz vanguard (3c 5o)
4 topaz trim crystals (2c)

3 comms officers (1c 1o 1squad)
1 unit of copper armour (3o)

1 Viper medium mount conversion (bronzewood) (1o 3w)

Total cost: 9c, 13o, 5w
Resources left: 16c, 0o, 13w, 16s

Ship Deployment:
Give Jupiter, Colubridae, Crotalinae, Epicrates, and 1 Skyskiff B comms officers.

Ocker smuggles itself from Blackstone home to Kasgyre.

Viperidae and 1 Natalie smuggle themselves from Blackstone to Glowcove.

Jupiter, Colubridae, Crotalinae, Epicrates, and 1 Skyskiff B travel from Kasgyre to Glowcove.
Skyskiff B scouting,.Jupiter, Colubridae, Crotalinae, and Epicrates using coordinated fire. Just in case there is a freak Wreth invasion there.

The Natalie at Glowcove scouts its way past Unfinished to Burned Mountain.

Ship Refitting:
Replace Ocker's topaz VS core with a topaz small core.

Replace Anguis's small lift with the prototype medium lift.
Refit her upper gun deck to a bronzewood medium mount. Topaz Vanguard.
Replace two trim webs with topaz versions, remove two topaz trim crystals. (Because medium mount viper has less trim slots)

Marine Tactics:
All Squads at Burned Mountain: Bait and Strike.

Blackstone marines:
Cavalry 2, 4, and 7 use bait and strike.
Cavalry 1,3,5,6,8, and Squads A and B Hold. The. Line.

Key nots of this plan:
-We finally scout Burned Mountain. Either establish a colony or see what Wreth has stationed there.
-We station the majority of our fleet at Glowcove. They are in position to reach Burned Mountain next turn if need be, but still in position to reach Blackstone in 1 turn if need be.
-Jupiter is moving to pick up the well equipped Burned Mountain marines for redeployment.
-Upgrade Ocker's core (It goes from 2 power to 6), upgrade Anguis' armour, lift, trim, and weaponry.

I'm not sure whether to attack or defend at Blackstone. We outnumber and overpower them, but they still have a couple cannons and we're almost out of grenades. They could be reinforcing too.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 01:46:57 pm by NAV »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: August 16, 2018, 01:28:42 pm »

I'm not sure they'd try to reinforce again so soon after we crushed them like that. On the other hand, I could see them expecting us to not try it twice and doing just that. What I see as likely is that they'll try to reinforce their position but this time not leave all of their guys to that task.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: August 16, 2018, 01:33:16 pm »

I'm not sure they'd try to reinforce again so soon after we crushed them like that. On the other hand, I could see them expecting us to not try it twice and doing just that. What I see as likely is that they'll try to reinforce their position but this time not leave all of their guys to that task.
I meant reinforce as in bring in fresh troops.

But good assessment about their likelyhood of fortifying.

Edit: Leaning towards acting defensively at Blackstone. Better to waste a turn not advancing, than to advance into fresh reinforcements (+cannons) and lose most of our troops. We have almost no grenades left for anti-cannon duty.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:00:18 pm by NAV »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: August 16, 2018, 02:04:02 pm »

I'm for being defensive in BS, I don't think they'll try to build the Barricade now after seeing how it's harm their defences, they will try to hit us probably
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: August 16, 2018, 03:20:28 pm »

NAV, I ran the numbers, and if we put three dice into the coronation topaz this upcoming turn, we get a 25% chance of being able to finish it on the spot and can start on other stuff next turn.

Otherwise, 2d6 is the way to go
Note: if we colonize burned mountain, I firmly believe that we should devise a way to colonize the lightning spire, assuming wreth has not.

Also, given our strong core crystals, we can probably strap on lightning rods to charge them and negate the lightning.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: August 16, 2018, 03:44:21 pm »

NAV, I ran the numbers, and if we put three dice into the coronation topaz this upcoming turn, we get a 25% chance of being able to finish it on the spot and can start on other stuff next turn.

Otherwise, 2d6 is the way to go
Note: if we colonize burned mountain, I firmly believe that we should devise a way to colonize the lightning spire, assuming wreth has not.

Also, given our strong core crystals, we can probably strap on lightning rods to charge them and negate the lightning.
I think that 2d6 is the way to go.
We want 3 important revisions next turn: Affordable comms officers (again), Faster topaz growth (again), and a Lance Skiff. That leaves two dice for the project.

That 25% chance of completion isn't really enough to justify the loss of an essential revision, and the topaz revision will produce better results if the peoject isnt done yet.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: August 16, 2018, 04:15:24 pm »

So, we have a lot of squads at BS. I think we ought to have at least 1 doing something other than bait and strike so we actually have something behind the shield wall. A defensive take is fine, but leaving the shield in the open alone will just get it killed.

Also, didn't we revise a better version of bait and strike at some point? Prepared bait and strike or something?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: August 17, 2018, 07:11:13 am »

So, we have a lot of squads at BS. I think we ought to have at least 1 doing something other than bait and strike so we actually have something behind the shield wall. A defensive take is fine, but leaving the shield in the open alone will just get it killed.

Also, didn't we revise a better version of bait and strike at some point? Prepared bait and strike or something?
I think the better version of bait and strike is automatically used when we say Bait and Strike. It's treated as a revision, not a separate tactic in the document. Can't hurt to specify though.

I think the shield wall would still stick close to the bait and stikers, but I have been very wrong about tactics before. Gonna set half to prepared bait and strike, half to defensive fire.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 07:16:23 am by NAV »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: August 17, 2018, 10:35:23 am »

I an adding something beautiful to my plan. Giving Anguis a second topaz vanguard, in a proper modern rotating mount. Bronzewood converted upper gun deck too.

We will have to drop one batch of topaz grenades. Worth it.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 178