Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150451 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #2250 on: April 19, 2018, 01:35:18 pm »

Hah! Draig said that a transport filled with vanilla kettleguns would have a small chance of making a difference. But with topax vanguard and topaz lance give a bigger chance than just kettleguns.

Based on precedent from our various losses at Three Captains those underequipped marines have no chance of repelling a landing.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: April 19, 2018, 01:38:26 pm »

He also said that would only be the case if we deployed them at just the right time in just the right place. There is no way for us to know when or where that is.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: April 19, 2018, 05:35:46 pm »

You believe there is no way of knowing where/when the right place and tight time is and that we are placing the cannons completely randomly.

I believe we will try to deploy them with regard to where it will help with the ongoing air battle, though without any particular competence due to the lack of proper tactic.

Only Draignean can answer and clarify between our two different interpretations.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: April 19, 2018, 06:59:44 pm »

I would like to point out that the 6 cannons we deliver will not be set up until after the battle, and will act largely independently.

3 squads of marines would probably not win outright against a landing force, but supporting the natural attrition our spire will cause it will eliminate an invasion force much more quickly.

That being said, I am not in support of either of those things. I think we ought to refit the fleet and bide our time.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 19, 2018, 07:02:49 pm »

Natural attrition from the spire?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: April 19, 2018, 07:07:32 pm »

Natural attrition from the spire?
All spires owned by a side have a passive Garrison.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: April 20, 2018, 05:06:02 am »

That being said, I am not in support of either of those things. I think we ought to refit the fleet and bide our time.
I'm fine with risking the Ocker, transports are cheap but risking anything else is foolish. Our forces will not achieve many if any kills on the forces arrayed against us. We'll damage a ship or two which will cause those ships to retreat to Wreth but in doing so we will be sacrificing our entire standing force. Sending our fleet in at the moment is nothing short of madness.

Some will try to argue that the spire guns would change things. But the last battle report noted that there were too few and too spread out to provide effective fire anymore. Some argue that the topaz lance cannon will change things. While it is true that I expect it to be a weapon the Wreth find terrifying it will not be enough to win the battle. And revealing it will start Wreth efforts to counter it. We should wait until we can fight a decisive battle.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: April 20, 2018, 05:48:39 am »

We will be getting so much ship production soon, and our current fleet is so small, that it is worth risking or even sacrificing every ship we currently have to maximize the chances of building the docks sooner.

I guess the three squads helped by a friendly garrison might do something though.

Quote from: Smuggle Marines and Fleet Optimization
Remove the comm officer from Ocker.
Make sure Ocker has skypaint.
Give squads A and B topaz pistols.
Squads A, B, and C board the Ocker.
Ocker uses enhanced smuggling to smuggle the marines to Blackstone.
Once the marines land, they should use prepared bait and strike and coordinate with the local resistance to prepare for Wreth asssault.

Return Anguis II, Viperidae, the 2 Natalies at Glowcove, and the Natalie at Hive to Kasgyre.
All ships use coordinated fire on their way to kasgyre, if it matters.
Upgrade entire fleet with skypaint, and upgrade the cooling of our lance cannons.
Remove Viperidae's prototype lance cannon and equip it to Anguis II.
Remove a topaz kettlegun from Anguis II and equip it to Viperidae.
Remove a vanilla kettlegun from Viperidae, replace it with the topaz lance.
Give 3 of the Natalies comm officers.

The slightly insane Natalie at Burned Mountain scouts through Wrackspire and Three Captains.
Jupiter and Dionysus use enhanced smuggling to smuggle absolutely nothing to Glowcove. They should investigate the ruins of Unfinished as they pass.

Marines at Burned Mountain use the new survival tactics, obviously.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 03:52:12 pm by NAV »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 21, 2018, 03:48:43 pm »

Nav, do we have a Natalie we can send to scout out the ruins of the Unfinished?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 21, 2018, 03:51:20 pm »

No but our transports are passing by on their way to Glowcove. I will edit in an instruction for them to investigate as they pass.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 21, 2018, 08:47:37 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Smuggle Marines and Fleet Optimization [3]:Jerick, Kashyyk, helmacon
Pyrrhic Battle[]:
Anguis Revival and Fleet Optimization[]:
Smuggle[]:
Do Absolutely Nothing[]:
Unto the Breach[]:
Plan Cannon Sneakery[]:

We should probably have a tactic for these marines we are smuggling.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: April 21, 2018, 09:19:20 pm »

We should probably have a tactic for these marines we are smuggling.
We absolutely do. They are using prepared bait and strike.

Once the marines land, they should use prepared bait and strike and coordinate with the local resistance to prepare for Wreth asssault.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 178