Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150394 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #2175 on: April 09, 2018, 04:07:13 pm »

I went for the version with one vanguard, as that one has some degree of motion to it iirc. I chose against lances because I was concerned they'd be prohibitively expensive in their current form.
the issue is that there doesn't seem to be a vanguard on that pattern. Just 6 kettleguns.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 09, 2018, 04:09:40 pm »

Look right above the kettleguns.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: April 09, 2018, 04:14:13 pm »

Look right above the kettleguns.
Damn. Oops.

Quote from: 5 Dice
[1] Fanned Lance Cannon : Wizgrot
[5] Viper Pattern : Wizgrot, Talion, Rockeater, NAV, BBB
[1] Local Levies : Wizgrot
[1] Smuggle : Wizgrot
[3] Night Time Supply Runs : Kashyyk, Doomblade, Jerick
[2] Kettlegun Radiators : Kashyyk, Doomblade
[2] Ore Refinement Techniques : Kashyyk, Jerick
[] Crystal Refinement Techniques :
[] Wood Refinement Techniques :
[1] Silk Refinement Techniques : Kashyyk
[4] Lance Efficiency: Doomblade, Jerick, Rockeater, NAV
[2] Burned Mountain survival Tactics : Jerick, Rockeater
[1] Burning Man Suit: Wizgrot
[4] Stalker Mask: NAV, Kashyyk, helmacon, Doomblade
[5] Competitive Conservation Smithing: BBB, Banelord, NAV,Rockeater, Doomblade
[] Hold a Die :
[1] Hold 2 dice: Wizgrot
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 09, 2018, 05:45:59 pm »

Viper Pattern
Efficacy: 6
Discussing creation of a regular schedule for the manufacture and assembly of new Vipers goes quite well. Consistency is good for business, and all involved would be happy to see the new Vipers roll off the line to defend the somewhat beleaguered holdings in Blackstone.

Viper Production Pattern
Medium Mount Viper Hull
Bronzewood Construction
Vanguard
6x Kettlegun
2x Copper Plating
Med Core
Small Lift
5x Trim Web
6x Reams of Webbing
TOP Cost: 351-31 (Excellent Roll) =320

Night Time Supply Runs
Efficacy: 2
While necessary during war, it's damn hard to retrain supply ship captains who've spent their lives going by a straight and narrow set of rules. Incidents during testing are frequent, and many captains still keep a couple of lumin crystals out to see by, which makes the tactic a lot more limited. Still, our civilian vessels, when under siege, will attempt to choose inconspicuous times, and will do their best to launch from inconspicuous places, but that in and of itself is a problem when transports are not necessarily easily able to be stealthily move to an inconspicuous place prior to launch. Considering the incredibly confused faces of the transport captains, the brass expects this to have limit effect.

Lance Efficiency
Efficacy: 3
The lance crystals, first generation hybrids that they are, are highly temperamental. A little bit of smoothing in the matrix design goes a fair ways in increasing how rapidly the crystal can be fired, and should make it a bit more amenable to more aggressive cooling measures in the future.

Lance cooling time reduced to 80 seconds.

Stalker Mask
Efficacy: 1
While the original, quality, work down with the leather infantry helmets is some boon, the filters are a bit of a problem, as is the hood's actual ability to protect from the gasses. Even when utilized to the best of a soldier's ability, breathing only from the mouth, the filters are too poorly made to allow easy breathing- leaving soldiers red faced and gasping.

The issues are far from insurmountable, and the designers are confident they can do better with another chance, but the initial variant is so laughably ineffective that our soldiers are almost better off without it. Almost.

Stalker Mask: 4 wood for a squad, 1 wood per fireteam | A very primitive gas hood with a filtered breather. Due to poor sealing at the back, it requires considerable conscious effort to use the breather, which itself inhibits breathing.  Still, it's better than breathing toxic fumes. Slightly.

Competitive Conservation Smithing
Efficacy: 6
Indeed, it doesn't take much work for the Kasgyrite people to realize that creating waste in the name of creating perfection is antithetical to their core ideals, which spurs massive recycling and repurposing campaigns at every level of spire Kasgyre- from shipwrights to crafters of flatware.

+2 Ore per turn. (Do not expect to be able to improve Ore again via revision)

Spire Kasgyre's Production stands at
13(+12)/y Crystal, 24/115 Banked
17(+2)/y Ore, 21/85 banked
19/y Wood, 28/95 banked
10/y Silk, 29/50 banked

It is now the production, deployment, and tactics phase.

Spoiler: Topaz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goods Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:01:11 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 09, 2018, 07:16:18 pm »

Plan Return:

Dionysus, Jupiter, and Natalie return to glowcove, dock, unload, and take cover. Ocker returns home.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: April 10, 2018, 06:47:26 am »

Quote from: Retreat but Advance
Ockner Returns to Spire Kasgyr
Dionysus, Jupiter and Natalie move to Burned Mountain (they are to move to Wrackspire next turn and unload)
All ships use coordinated fire

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 10, 2018, 07:08:44 am »

Oh Princess, you are such a tease.

Okay, assuming we don't get any resources from Blackstone from now on, we will be merely 3 resources behind our 3 day goal. As we have designed a blockade run tactic for our supply captains, and we have been getting a resource or two through so far, we might just about make it.

An alternative plan here would be to unload nine squads of marines into Burned Mountain, and just tank the casualties. Naked marines do not cost resources, and we have plenty at Kasgyre. We could even order them to leave their gear on the Jupiter, to take back to Kasgyre.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 10, 2018, 07:45:33 am »

An alternative plan here would be to unload nine squads of marines into Burned Mountain, and just tank the casualties. Naked marines do not cost resources, and we have plenty at Kasgyre. We could even order them to leave their gear on the Jupiter, to take back to Kasgyre.
I'd recommend this as bodies are free but people are not, if need be we can set up another recruitment centre of some sort which I was planning on doing, potentially after some aethermancy research to get us combat wizards.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 11, 2018, 06:53:52 pm »

Plan wait for the new docks but also push Burned mountain
Ocker returns to Kasgyre.
Dionysus, Jupiter, and Natalie travel to Burned Mountain. Coordinated Fire.

Unload all the 9 squads of marines to Burned Mountain. All marines at Burned Mountain finally push forward and gain territory with defensive fire.

Quote from: Votes
PWFTNDBAPBM: [1] NAV
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 07:03:49 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: April 11, 2018, 06:56:41 pm »

Plan wait for the new docks but also push Burned mountain
Ocker returns to Kasgyre.
Dionysus, Jupiter, and Natalie travel to Burned Mountain. Coordinated Fire.

Unload all the 9 squads of marines to Burned Mountain. Leave all the equipment on the transport (except the free helmets and slings). All marines at Burned Mountain finally push forward and gain territory with defensive fire.

Don't leave the equipment. I doubt the environment is the only hostile thing there, and there was some ominous mentions of magna pumping machinery the one time we did push. We might need it.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 11, 2018, 07:03:29 pm »

That is a good point. Draig should kill the unequipped marines first anyways so we won't even waste equipment. And it will help if Wreth invades.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: April 11, 2018, 07:10:12 pm »

PWFTNDBAPBM: [2] NAV, Doomblade

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: April 12, 2018, 02:47:28 pm »

PWFTNDBAPBM: [3] NAV, Doomblade,Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 12, 2018, 02:48:35 pm »

PWFTNDBAPBM: [3] NAV, Doomblade, Rockeater
Retreat but advance : []
Plan Return :[]
Patrol and advance: [1] Jerick

I've been thinking; it'll be disastrous if Wreth reduce our resource income any over the next few turns and we've had resources shipments go missing before. They have at least one ship at their east demi spire which can reach us this turn and many ships they can detach from their main force. So I suggest we move our forces at Spire Kasgyr to spire Hive and send two Natalies to glowcove. If they move up in force through The hive the combination of Lance cannon dock guns and our forces should deal enough casualties that it aught to cause them to pull back for a couple of turns. If they detach forces and send them to raid our civilian shipping we'll easily destroy them.

And I am no longer so concerned about them moving into Kasgyr airspace. They seem to be having a hard time taking out Blackstone's outdated dock guns. (They'll probably have eliminated them this turn but that took a good number of turns). Them moving to Kasgyr which is where we are most probably marshaling our forces and facing our ships and Kasgyr's dock guns is simply not something they are going to attempt. At least not if they are taking this seriously. I still worry that any further losses are something we cannot afford at the moment though but it's better than them reducing our resource income right now.

So here's an alternative plan
Quote from: Patrol and advance
Dionysus, Jupiter and Natalie move to Burned Mountain and unload (since we seem to be assaulting BM)
Marines at BM advance
2x Natalies at Kasgyr move to glowcove
Natalie at Blackstone move to the Hive
RKNV Viperidea and Anguis II move to the Hive
Ockner Returns to Spire Kasgyr
All ships use coordinated fire
All Marines use Bait and Strike
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:04:44 pm by Jerick »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 12, 2018, 02:54:57 pm »

Jerick, if you edit your plan to explicit mention that the burned mountain marines are advancing, I'll vote for it. Otherwise they'll hold position.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 178