Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150357 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1965 on: March 18, 2018, 06:34:42 pm »

I'm not opposed to sending a small force to distrupt them. But not a large or well equipped one, and not our fleet. Because we need that to reinforce Three Captains. The only thing we gain from landing at Unfinished is distruption of Wreth resources, and a small landing party should be enough to accomplish that.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 19, 2018, 12:46:16 am »

Trim Turret Gearing: (5) NAV, Kashyyk, banelord, Jerick, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 19, 2018, 01:22:01 pm »

Since we have a consensus for the revision, I am posting my plans for finishing upgrading our fleet.

Notable Notes:
-Finished new viper, named Booidae
-Distributed topaz kettleguns among 3 good vipers
-Upgraded all of Viperidae's trim webs to topaz
-Gave prototype lance cannon to Viperidae
-Can't afford much if any topaz stuff this turn. Probably limited to a single trim crystal, kettlegun, pistols, or grenades.

Spoiler: Changes to make: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Storage (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:32:36 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 19, 2018, 01:43:50 pm »

I might be misundestending, but don;t we need the prototype to keep the project?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 19, 2018, 02:04:09 pm »

Edit:
Hold on, searching for rules.

Edit:
You are misunderstanding. We need the prototype at base if we want to revise it before the project is complete. Otherwise there are no penalties to sending it out or losing it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:40:09 pm by NAV »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 19, 2018, 03:09:51 pm »

So, do we want to revise it before it is done then? I would certainly like to.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 19, 2018, 03:32:00 pm »

I think it is more important to deploy the cannon in the next major battle than to revise it immediately.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 19, 2018, 03:38:17 pm »

We'll be wanting to finish the project more then we'll want to revise it, so I'm happy to deploy the lance.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 21, 2018, 10:35:02 am »

Trim Turret Gearing
Efficacy: 6
While the original hand cranks are left intact for the sake of emergency, they're now largely obsolete. Trim crystals attached to linear gears (in order to allow them to be simplified into a push/pull mode instead of accounting for rotation) are linked into the original gearing system, so that a few simply rheostat adjustments causes precise turret rotation, controllable in all axes. This allows guns to aim regardless of the ship's maneuvers (up to the sighting ability of the gunners), lets our gunners basically disregard cannon weight, and it also allows the guns to be aimed remotely- a particularly intriguing concept for the brass, but one whose exploration was well beyond the scope of the revision.

The new turrets are applied to the ships around Spire Kasgyre, leaving only the One-Eyed-Will short the new upgrades.

Spire Kasgyre's Production stands at
13(+10)/y Crystal, 12/115 Banked
17/y Ore, 23/85 banked
19/y Wood, 19/95 banked
10/y Silk, 20/50 banked

It is now the production, deployment, and tactics phase.

Spoiler: Imperial Topaz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goods Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:01:26 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 21, 2018, 11:44:44 am »

Quote from: Production

Spoiler: Storage (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Deployment
All marines at Three Captains keep using shield wall.
(Also Note that squad Delta should have topaz gauntlets, not pistols).

All marines at Burned Mountain continue using prepared bait and strike.

One-Eyed Will, go strafe the infrastructure at Unfinished.

Load up three marine squads on the Dionysus. Equipped with just slings and leather helmets. Send them to the Unfinished and have them brutalise untrained and unarmed civilians with fist sized rocks and their bare hands. Defensive fire tactics, if tactics matter for this "battle".

About sending One-Eyed Will to strafe:
We don't know if the insanity is caused by taking agressive action against the spire, or by lingering in the airspace for two turns. I am willing to bet it is caused by staying there too long. Because we have fough Wreth ships there before and not gone insane. Our only ship that stayed there two turns went insane.

By sending Will to strafe we both distrupt the docks and find out if the insanity is caused by time or agression. The only potential cost is the sanity of an incredibly weak obsolete vessel.

If Will's crew goes insane, we can still order them back home and they will obey. It will take one turn. Then we can give the crew therapy or replace them and send Will back out, slightly less obsolete with its new trim turrets.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:04:17 pm by NAV »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 21, 2018, 11:58:12 am »

They took UF. They probably still have a military garrison there. It's not like anyone is strapped for marine squads. Unarmed marines will just get slaughtered.

Why not land in force? Deny them a spires worth of resources and open a second front? Maybe even take the spire before they can respond.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 21, 2018, 12:11:08 pm »

They took UF. They probably still have a military garrison there. It's not like anyone is strapped for marine squads. Unarmed marines will just get slaughtered.

Why not land in force? Deny them a spires worth of resources and open a second front? Maybe even take the spire before they can respond.
We cant land a force there because we badly need to reinforce Three Captains. Our marines there are advancing for now but taking unsustainable losses. We need to use any resources not spent upgrading our fleet to equip new squads for Three Captains. We need the battlebarge to send those reinforcements. The most we can afford to send to Unfinished is a basic transport of unarmed marines.

We don't have enough resources left over from fleet upgrades to meaningfully equip squads this turn. We will next turn but those have to go to TC.

There is a very high chance their military garrison either went insane or was transferred to TC. If not, oh well we find our and waste three squads of unarmed marines.

Edit: Literally our entire fleet except for that transport and One-Eyed Will is refitting right now. When they are done we need our entire fleet to break the Three Captains blockade and get our reinforcements through.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:21:31 pm by NAV »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 21, 2018, 12:47:44 pm »

Draig: is it a year-long action to refit our cannon with trim swivels, or do they just need to be at Kasgyre at some point?

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 21, 2018, 01:22:14 pm »

That’s already been answered, all the ones in dock have been refitted, with only the one eyed willy being devoid of said upgrades.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 21, 2018, 01:29:12 pm »

I am pretty sure they still have to finish this turn at Kasgyre for the refits to happen. The tech being newly developed and refits taking year regardless.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 178