Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150755 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #840 on: August 17, 2017, 01:55:41 pm »

And A on the event would be particularly stupid however. Going with B is the logical choice; it either gets us a bonus, or it denies them theirs.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 17, 2017, 01:57:27 pm »

Speaking of lumen crystals.

How do soldiers see inside the spires? They're miles underground. Do the spires have built in lighting? (I know Three Captains sort of does). Do our soldiers carry portable lumen crystal flashlights or lanterns? Is there any point to designing or revising light sources?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 17, 2017, 01:58:02 pm »

A lumin flash bang is genius. Well, more likely just a flash grenade, but it won't destroy itself in the process so we can design them to be recharged after use. It'll also leave things like their mobile cannon undamaged, so assuming we successfully take the position we can then steal it and reverse engineer the thing.

In fact, have a design:

Lumin grenade
A small lumin crystal, like those used in our lamps, is powered from an attached core crystal. A few seconds after triggering (to allow the grenade to arrive at it's destination and its user to avert their eyes) the crystal will release a series of flashes. The first few are low powered, and are designed to draw the attention of everyone in the vicinity. The last, once all eyes are on it, will be magnitudes brighter, with the intention of causing temporary blindness in everyone looking at or near the grenade. If development time permits, the grenade can also be designed to fit into a "charging station" of silk, allowing spent grenades to be recovered and reused.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 17, 2017, 02:00:03 pm »

How do soldiers see inside the spires? They're miles underground. Do the spires have built in lighting? (I know Three Captains sort of does). Do our soldiers carry portable lumen crystal flashlights or lanterns? Is there any point to designing or revising light sources?

Most spires will have some bio-luminescent life inside. At least one spire is described as being devoid of this, and is thus pitch black. Normally soldiers either carry simple lamps or lumin crystal bundles.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 17, 2017, 02:07:14 pm »

Thanks to Draig, I get to make this a new post instead of an edit.

We need to decide what we want to do about this turn. Obviously we can't cede ground at the Three Captains forever, or our marines will end up retreating out of the spire, so Fighting Retreat/Tactical Withdrawal is a stop gap tactic that will allow us to save our marines' lives from enemy designs whilst we develop a counter. Of course, we can use it whenever we need time to develop that counter, but it is not a counter in and of itself.

So, do we want to continue with Signal Flashers this turn, or leave it on the backburner whilst we develop a counter to their fortified cannon nests? Bearing in mind that it will have to be a quick design in order to be worth it, as we have a maximum of two turns to get the counter to our marines (as we hold 3/4 of the spire and can't surrender the last 1/4 without sacrificing our marines).

Edit: I'm not sure why I bolded Draig there. I guess it's habit by this point...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:23:44 pm by Kashyyk »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 17, 2017, 02:46:24 pm »

There's a technological design I'd like to get done at some point, perhaps not this turn but in future turns;
Trim Crystal Motors
Every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. We can use this principle to engineer trim crystal powered motors. With proper gears a trim crystal motors be high torque or high RPM. The existence of a trim crystal motor would open the door to pumps, propellers, powered turret rotation and many benefits in terms of ore extraction tools and tools for manufacturing (lathes, drills, circular saws, etc)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 17, 2017, 02:48:29 pm »

I know you guys will take a bit longer to Coalesce, but Wreth has the vote in. I won't think about doing a turn until later tonight, but this is just a gentle nudge.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 17, 2017, 02:58:56 pm »

In the interest of keeping things moving u suggest the following:

Quote from: Votes
Plans:
[1] Lumin grenade (+1 time) + Bank 1 die : Kashyyk

Designs:
Aether Grenades
Poison Steamer
Lumin Grenades

We only need to roll well once on for the time dice to make the project go quickly, and it will reduce the number of die we need to spend in total.

The final die I would suggest using to revise a Fighting retreat tactic.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 18, 2017, 03:02:21 am »

Plans:
[1] Aether Grenades (+1 time) + Bank 1 die : Happerry

Designs:
Aether Grenades
Poison Steamer
Lumin Grenades
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 18, 2017, 04:58:18 am »

Plans:
[2] Aether Grenades (+1 time) + Bank 1 die : Happerry, Jerick

Designs:
Aether Grenades
Poison Steamer
Lumin Grenades
We also need a target prioritization tactic as well.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 18, 2017, 05:08:42 am »

We do, yes. We also need away to stop the Wrethi from obliterating our marines with portable cannons.

However, with extra armour and up to date guns, I think our two vipers plus skyskiffs would come out on top in another fight with the Wrethi superskiffs, whereas if our marines keep going as it, they'll all die.

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 18, 2017, 09:18:39 am »

Plans:
[3] Aether Grenades (+1 time) + Bank 1 die : Happerry, Jerick, BBBence1111

Designs:
Aether Grenades
Poison Steamer
Lumin Grenades

And A on the event would be particularly stupid however. Going with B is the logical choice; it either gets us a bonus, or it denies them theirs.

I prefer C. B has a 1/3 chance of giving them anything, so they are less likely to go for it. That means C either gives us their plans or Nets both of us resouces, ad I'm confident we can make better use of those.
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 18, 2017, 10:17:47 am »

Plans:
[4] Aether Grenades (+1 time) + Bank 1 die : Happerry, Jerick, BBBence1111, Blueturtle1134

Designs:
Aether Grenades
Poison Steamer
Lumin Grenades
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 18, 2017, 10:36:00 am »

Aether Grenades
[Time:  3 (3,1) Progress: 1 Cost: 1]
There have probably been worse ways to start a project off, but not many. The project organization is a nightmare, a stupid, costly, nightmare that was only mitigated by command's decision to send along a supervisor for such an... energetic project. The engineers are back to infighting, and they've taken to writing notes in cipher (or worse, keeping them in their heads) in order to be the first man to make the breakthrough on the project. Problematically, this mean that there are a lot of redundant trials, a lot of costly redundant trials which almost inevitably result in the destruction of resources.

Aether Grenades: 1/11 | 1 Ore + 2 Crystals + 2 from Any combination of Crystal and Ore | Rushed 0 times | Nothing Invested

It is now the revision phase. You have 1 die to spend.

Spire Kasgyre's production stands at,
13/y Crystal, 34/65 Banked
17/y Ore, 17/85 banked
19/y Wood, 35/95 banked
10/y Silk, 42/50 banked

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goods Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

Current Technology

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

---

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 18, 2017, 11:46:59 am »

Godammit. Which of you messed up their sacrifice to RNGesus?

Anyway,  as mentioned before I vote for a Fighting retreat tactic.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 178