Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150332 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2017, 03:01:50 pm »

Plan NAVrick: [2] Taricus, NAV
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2017, 03:04:07 pm »

I think our plural should be Kasgyte.

Plan NAVrick: [3] Taricus, NAV, Kashyyk

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 21, 2017, 03:05:17 pm »

Kasgyrite you mean? We have an R that can't really be ignored.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2017, 03:05:30 pm »

Plan NAVrick: [4] Taricus, NAV, Kashyyk, Jerick

Why is denying them crystal a higher priority than denying them ore? The ore is more important to us after all, might be the same for them. We should split our forces evenly until we actually have some intel.
Because there's probably going to be more native resistance to them landing on the three captains. They can probably secure the unfinished spire easier so it's in our interest to make it more difficult for them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2017, 03:06:55 pm »

Hence why the squad load of crossbows are set to go to the Unfinished actually. I figured wide open spaces are more conducive to ranged weapons than melee.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 21, 2017, 03:07:47 pm »

Crystal is needed for every ship. Sure, ore is useful for the ground forces, but to get them on the ground we need ships and those need a LOT of crystal. And odds are Wreth knows that too.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2017, 03:07:57 pm »

I'll lock things in shortly- assuming you guys don't suddenly all change your minds.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 21, 2017, 03:20:32 pm »

Kasgyrite you mean? We have an R that can't really be ignored.
That makes us sound like a metal. Considering our fixation with ore heavy designs, I think that's appropriate.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 21, 2017, 03:36:43 pm »

Next you'll be saying that the national music of Kasgyr is heavy metal and variations thereof.

...Actually, that's not a bad thing XD

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 22, 2017, 06:00:55 am »

Gahh! Now you've got me poking around on youtube looking for steampunk styled heavy metal songs.

Anyway I have a proposal for a cultural trait of Kasgyr: Artistic Craftsmen
Kasgyr is known for its artistic craftsmen who typically make things unnecessarily ornate. Regardless of if they are a lowly brick layer or a skilled metal worker most people who create things for a living will use their craft as a form of artistic expression. Famous craftsmen are in high demand and everyone is competing to make something that will make them famous. Decorations adorn even some of the most innocuous tools, items and rooms. This means Kasgyr has a large body of very skilled and talented craftsmen. However, the demands of the military are different to the what the rest of the spire wants in their crafts. The military demands things to be cheap, reliable, quickly constructed and doesn't care about ornamentation. This hasn't diminished the desire of the people making the military's ships and gear to stand out but it has refocused it a little. Now everyone working on war gear is aiming for the weapons they make to become renowned and to achieve notoriety by proxy via the battlefield glory won by the soldiers wielding their weapons.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 22, 2017, 06:57:46 am »

Gahh! Now you've got me poking around on youtube looking for steampunk styled heavy metal songs.

Anyway I have a proposal for a cultural trait of Kasgyr: Artistic Craftsmen
Kasgyr is known for its artistic craftsmen who typically make things unnecessarily ornate. Regardless of if they are a lowly brick layer or a skilled metal worker most people who create things for a living will use their craft as a form of artistic expression. Famous craftsmen are in high demand and everyone is competing to make something that will make them famous. Decorations adorn even some of the most innocuous tools, items and rooms. This means Kasgyr has a large body of very skilled and talented craftsmen. However, the demands of the military are different to the what the rest of the spire wants in their crafts. The military demands things to be cheap, reliable, quickly constructed and doesn't care about ornamentation. This hasn't diminished the desire of the people making the military's ships and gear to stand out but it has refocused it a little. Now everyone working on war gear is aiming for the weapons they make to become renowned and to achieve notoriety by proxy via the battlefield glory won by the soldiers wielding their weapons.

Actually fits with the crossbow thing.

By the way, I'm just another idiot that stumbled into the War Room. I've read the previous phases, but kinda haven't sorted through all the different plans. Can anyone tell me exactly what we're doing?

(edit)

A look at the newly-competent-hosted map let me understand Plan NAVrick a bit.
So we're taking our closest demispires first before sending forces to the border crossings. And we're sending Skiffs to the border Spires ahead of our force.
Sounds dandy.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:04:30 am by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 22, 2017, 08:13:53 am »

I've been thinking about future designs which may be of use. Of course, kinda jumping the gun because we don't know about the results of this turn, but here we go:

Aetheric Hydraulic Repeater Cannon "Vanguard" Designed to fit the same mount as the Kettlegun, this weapon implements the Hydraulic Cooling mechanism High Command expressed interest in four years ago. It consists of a single weapons crystal, along with three barrels designed to rotate such that each barrel in turn lines up with the crystal. The hydraulic cooling (powered by a water pump), is responsible for the rotation of the barrels, but a hand crank is included in case manual action is required. The cannon is designed to fire once every two seconds, with each barrel being used once every six. To counteract the crystal being under three times the stress, each shot is only half the energy of one from the Kettlegun. This amounts to an overall 50% increase in aether energy output, and any additional heat generated from this should be counteracted readily by the hydraulic cooling. The water pipes go through the body of the cannon, up the triple spoke of the central barrel and back down three separate pipes along the outside of each barrel. These then feed back into the same water canister setup used by the kettlegun.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 22, 2017, 08:35:34 am »

As much as I like the idea of a new and better cannon, we need better ships to put them on first.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 22, 2017, 08:52:33 am »

By the way, I'm just another idiot that stumbled into the War Room.
Welcome! You've chosen wisely to side with Kasgyr!
Actually fits with the crossbow thing.
Aye tis what inspired it after all.

As much as I like the idea of a new and better cannon, we need better ships to put them on first.
Yes I think we need new better and faster ships. Faster ships would help make our hit and run tactics far more potent.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 22, 2017, 09:20:21 am »

I felt the rapid fire nature of the weapon would also help with Hit and Run tactics, as a higher volume of fire inherently means more hits.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 178