Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150307 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2017, 11:21:57 am »

Are we able to finish building that unfinished spire or is that out of the game's scope?

Anyway, in light of that, Helmacon's plan is sound with the skiffs, divide them into two squadrons to contest the skies near the middle spires. We don't know what spire they could've picked at the start so we should move to secure the ones we can for the moment.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:24:13 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2017, 11:24:39 am »

Are we able to finish building that unfinished spire r is that out of the game's scope?

Well out of scope. You need Spirestone in order to finish a spire, which is (for our purposes) impossible to create or manipulate.

You can certainly live in it, and build off skeleton that juts out, but you can't complete work that the Gods* gave up on.

*Not Gods, but might as well be for your purposes.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2017, 11:26:55 am »

So basically we can turn it into a half spire/colony that larger than what the regular demi spires can support?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2017, 11:30:43 am »

So basically we can turn it into a half spire/colony that larger than what the regular demi spires can support?

As is reflected by its stunning marine capacity, its crystal and wood scores (it has the infrastructure and space to support new vatteries), but its complete lack of intrinsic ore.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2017, 11:47:35 am »

Plan Taricus : [1] Taricus
Plan Shadowclaw :
Plan Shadowclaw Redux :
Plan Kashyyk : [1] Kashyyk
Plan helmacom : [2] helmacom, Jerick

helmacom's plan sounds good to me. Secure our nearby spires and deny the enemy the belt.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2017, 12:49:50 pm »

Helmacon's plan is a strategy, we're voting for production.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2017, 01:20:53 pm »

I can't see the map because Photobucket is awful. You probably should reupload the the map elsewhere Draignean.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2017, 02:00:22 pm »

@Draignean, is it possible to upload the map to Imgur, it is a permanent cloud image site and unless their is some sort of stigma in this forum than I see no reason not to utilize it.

Also I'm pretty sure that our enemy is going to try to halt our advance by going after the Belt Spires, so trying to also rush and protect the Belt Spires from being taken over is what we have to do to not be halted in our progress. An aggressive rush into the middle or the Belt will have us seize a position into those important areas. Remember, it's much easier to conquer a vacant/filled with locals Spire than a fully defended  and entrenched Spire.

Plan Shadowclaw : [1] Shadowclaw
Plan Shadowclaw Redux :

Remember that my plan is minimally different than the original, just one squad of marines to be equipped with Bronze for all Squad Leaders

One last thing, how are we going to be sending our Skiffs?, we have 10 of them correct? So how about 8/2 split, where 8 protect the transport that goes to the Three Captains, and the 2 Skiff protect the transport that goes to the our Leftmost Spire.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2017, 02:24:53 pm »

I can't see the map because Photobucket is awful. You probably should reupload the the map elsewhere Draignean.

I... I was certain I had not done something that stupid.

Fixing shortly.

---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2017, 02:55:22 pm »

Here I was about to tell you guys that I was going to lock in your production order soon unless there were changes, but your leading plan doesn't have a production plan.  :-\

Come on guys. The Wrethan scum are beating you senseless in terms of coming to decisions.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2017, 03:14:30 pm »

I've tried telling them Draig, but they didn't seem to listen :C

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2017, 03:51:20 pm »

Things we have:
10 skyskiffs
25 marine squads
4 prototype ornate crossbows
4 prototype bronze armours

36 crystal
34 ore
40 wood
36 silk

2x Transport Barge (W/Small Core Crystal, Small Lift Crystal, 2 Trim Crystals & 1 ream of webbing) [Total cost: 14 wood, 8 ore, 20 crystal, 4 Silk]

2x bronze armour, officers (2 ore)
6x aethersilk vest, team leader (30 silk)
5x crossbow, fireteam (10 ore, 10 wood)
6x cutlass, everyone (12 ore)

Remaining: 16 crystal, 2 ore, 16 wood, 2 silk.

In this plan there will be 6 squads. Accounting for prototypes; each squad leader gets bronze armour, each fireteam leader gets aethersilk coat and crossbow, and every marine gets a cutlass.

Plan Shadowclaw : [1] Shadowclaw
Plan Shadowclaw Redux :
Plan NAV : [1] NAV
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:54:17 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2017, 03:56:05 pm »

Plan Shadowclaw : [2] Shadowclaw, Kashyyk
Plan Shadowclaw Redux :
Plan Kashyyk :

I think Shadowclaw's plan works best. I would still encourage people to vote for a rush on the  belt spires once we get to the planning phase.

Edit: I'm not editing a vote box again,  just consider me as a plus one voidslayers plan. 

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2017, 05:15:09 pm »

Daww, you guys named a plan after me? Aww shucks. Anyways, that was just a deployment strategy, what we deploy is still up for debate.

We need to take our demi spires first, putting skiffs on the belt is just too deny it to them as well. I'm in favor if a 5/5 split, but if we do pick just one it should be the unfinished. Seeing as it is wide open, we could conceivably do some bombardment there if they did get transports past us. We don't need skiffs with transports going to the nearest spires, because the enemy can't get their ships that far. There is no way they could be attacked.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 20, 2017, 05:51:02 pm »

Building off of NAVs plan ( which I am willing to vote for, pending these changes)

So, imo 2 of the squads (one for each transport) ought to have gauntlets instead of crossbows for the fire teams. Gauntlets only cost 1 ore 1 crystal for a fire team.  This gives us 4 ore and 4 wood back.  We use these additional resources to swap one units cutlass for every man to crossbow for every man.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 178