Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150314 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #255 on: July 21, 2017, 01:12:31 pm »

We have to return the squads to our main spire to re-equip them, so we should have them as well equipped as possible right now even if we don't put them in serious battle this turn.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 21, 2017, 01:14:39 pm »

OR we can pick up fresh squads from the spire and ensure they're more well equipped next turn.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 21, 2017, 01:32:22 pm »

Marine unit 1: Bronze armour (Squad Leader), Aethersilk vest (full squad), Crossbows (full squad),
Marine unit 2: Bronze armour (Squad Leader), Aethersilk vest (full squad), Crossbows (1 per team), Cutlass (full squad)
Marine unit 3: Proto. Bronze armour (Squad Leader), Aethersilk vest (full squad), Crossbows (1 per team), Cutlass (full squad)
Marine unit 4: Proto. Bronze armour (Squad Leader), Aethersilk vest (full squad), Crossbows (1 per team), Cutlass (full squad)
Marine unit 5: Proto. Bronze armour (Squad Leader), Aethersilk vest (full squad), Proto. Crossbows (1 per team), Aether Gauntlet (1 per squad), Cutlass (full squad)
Marine unit 6: Proto. Bronze armour (Squad Leader), Aethersilk vest (full squad), Aether Gauntlet (1 per team), Cutlass (full squad)

This is the best and most even way to divide equipment between our squads, I think.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:47:32 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2017, 01:37:39 pm »

Or we can leave the demispire squads lightly equipped before collecting our heavier squads from the spire for attacks on the belt. Also, I HIGHLY doubt we have enough prototype crossbows for a full squad; there's only one prototype. And given the production of those lines is in full swing I doubt we need/can deploy them anyway.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2017, 01:43:09 pm »

I'm also pretty sure we don't have enough Prototype Bronze armour to kit out four companies worth of squad leaders. Even if we're allowed to split an item into smaller portions based on resource cost, We'd only have enough for three commanders.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2017, 01:47:02 pm »

Small items get enough prototypes to equip a full fireteam. Fireteam = 4 marines. We have 4 prototype crossbows and 4 prototype bronze armours. That is enough crossbows to give a squad one per fireteam, and enough armours to equip 4 squad officers.

We should keep our marines in the field as well equipped as possible, just in case. We might not have the chance to go back and rearm and collect new squads when we really need them.

We can still use the prototypes, even when the item is in full production.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:50:16 pm by NAV »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2017, 01:53:15 pm »

Where did you get "fireteam = 4 marines" from? Because if that's true I would like to request our production be redone and then only buy items by the company, so as to be as efficient with our resources as possible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2017, 01:56:26 pm »

It's stated in the main thread's OP. A marine squad consists of four fireteams of for marines. But AFAIK we only have the one prototype crossbow, not several. Same with the armour.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2017, 02:07:26 pm »

Large objects, like heavy weapons or ships, get a single prototype. Small objects, like jetpacks or experimental body armor, get enough to outfit a single fireteam.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2017, 02:12:36 pm »

Where did you get "fireteam = 4 marines" from? Because if that's true I would like to request our production be redone and then only buy items by the company, so as to be as efficient with our resources as possible.

For ease of my brain, each squad is composed of 4 fireteams of 4 marines. So, if you buy 4x of an item that's priced as one per fireteam, you can outfit a squad with it. Alternately, if you buy an item that's priced at one per fireteam, you can also use that item to fully outfit a single fireteam.

This also means that the upper limit of price is  16x the single unit cost, or 4x the squad-level cost of there isn't a unit cost. Some items go below this limit,  such as your Bronze Armor.

It's stated in the main thread's OP. A marine squad consists of four fireteams of for marines. But AFAIK we only have the one prototype crossbow, not several. Same with the armour.

As is also in the OP, you get one fireteam's worth of prototypes when designing most small scale objects. If you don't, it will be explicitly stated.

There is, however, canonically only one massively overdone ornate crossbow.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 21, 2017, 02:28:18 pm »

Okay, well, it means we do have those extra bits of armour. But, again, we may want to leave the good stuff behind as we send troops to the demi-spires closest to us; the beasts of the belt won't make claiming them easy and it's best we let Wreth and the beasts kill each other to soften them up.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2017, 02:45:03 pm »

A very minor modification on NAV's loadout, combined with most of Jerick's plan:

Quote from: Plan NAVrick
Marine unit 1: Bronze armour (Squad Officer), Aethersilk vest (Team Leaders), Crossbows (full squad), Aether Gauntlet (1 per squad)
Marine unit 2: Bronze armour (Squad Officer), Aethersilk vest (Team Leaders), Crossbows (1 per team), Cutlass (full squad)
Marine unit 3: Proto. Bronze armour (Squad Officer), Aethersilk vest (Team Leaders), Crossbows (1 per team), Cutlass (full squad)
Marine unit 4: Proto. Bronze armour (Squad Officer), Aethersilk vest (Team Leaders), Crossbows (1 per team), Cutlass (full squad)
Marine unit 5: Proto. Bronze armour (Squad Officer), Aethersilk vest (Team Leaders), Proto. Crossbows (1 per team), Cutlass (full squad)
Marine unit 6: Proto. Bronze armour (Squad Officer), Aethersilk vest (Team Leaders), Aether Gauntlet (1 per team), Cutlass (full squad)

Transport Barge "Hermes" carrying units 1,2 & 3 move to the rightmost demispire and drop unit 3, with plans to deploy units 2 & 3 to the Unfinished next turn.
Transport Barge "Mercury" carrying units 4, 5 & 6 move to the leftmost demispire and drop unit 6, with plans to deploy units 5 & 6 to the Three Captain's next turn.

Five Skiffs each to the Three Captains and the Unfinished, to Hit & Run on any Wreth vessels.

This plan hits the local demispires first with equipped units (so we don't have to waste time rearming them later) and sets us up to move on the Belt spires once we have some more intel on them from the skiffs. This plan means we won't be outputting more marines next turn, but I think we'll need the time to produce the resources needed to equip more marines anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 21, 2017, 02:53:39 pm »

We get more marines automatically, we have a max of 25 and only have 15 squads at the moment. But the resources will be an issue.

Denying the Wrethian (Wrethi? What is the plural for for wreth anyway) bastards the crystal production of the unfinished spire should be a priority though.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 21, 2017, 02:54:14 pm »

The squad officers are wearing aethersilk under their bronze armour, right? Just making sure, cause those guys should be absolute tanks.

That looks like a very good plan Kashyyk and I endorse it. I also like how you named the barges. Ships deserve names.

Edit: Why is denying them crystal a higher priority than denying them ore? The ore is more important to us after all, might be the same for them. We should split our forces evenly until we actually have some intel.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:59:13 pm by NAV »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 21, 2017, 03:00:39 pm »

Plan NAVrick: [1] Taricus
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 178