Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150296 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #2430 on: May 21, 2018, 02:47:15 pm »

We need equipment for our infentry,Armory will supply us with it
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: May 21, 2018, 03:58:11 pm »

We need to revise something so our infantry can have a chance at winning or  put out more ships in the combat. Armory over invests dice.  I would be fine with it if it didn´t invest those two mor die for only a dice more at time and cost.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: May 21, 2018, 05:05:40 pm »

Quote from: Design phase (7 dice)
Medium lift crystal (3 dice) + save 4 dice: [4] NAV, Doomblade, Wizgrot, Happerry
Imperial Marine Armoury (3 dice, +1 time, +1 cost) +save 2 dice: [3] Kashyyk, Rockeater, Jerick
Medium lift crystal (3 dice) + AIM (1 dice) + save 3 dice [1]: helmacon
Tiebreaking to Medium Lift. Because we just did a production line design so we should do an actual tech advancement now. And because we need those revisions. And because we'll never get around to the medium lift if we never settle on tbe medium lift.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: May 21, 2018, 05:52:55 pm »

We do not need revisions. We need equipment for our marines that doesn't constantly sap resources from our development. Once this PL is up, we will be able to maintain the war for free. We'll have so many more resources to spend on designs.

Wizgrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: May 22, 2018, 07:33:43 am »

Medium lift crystal (3 dice) + save 4 dice: [3] NAV, Doomblade,  Happerry
Imperial Marine Armoury (3 dice, +1 time, +1 cost) +save 2 dice: [3] Kashyyk, Rockeater, Jerick
Imperial Marine Armoury (3 dice) + save 4 dice [1]: Wizgrot

Kashykk bring out good points. While we would need the Medium Crystal, a production line for infantry equipment is a must. However, investing two dice extra in time and cost won´t do as much good. I would rather gamble a bit and try to use the revisions to get our navy and infantry to speed so we can recover Blackstone airspace or ground.

I believe that others, such as Banelord, has expressed concerns about too many dice going to the project.

I proppose to just spend three dice in the armory, and leave the rest for the revisions we need.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: May 22, 2018, 07:42:04 am »

Imperial Marine Armoury (3 dice) + save 4 dice [2]: Wizgrot, Kashyyk

Lets assume that the Armoury will cost half as much as the Medium Docks did. (It's smaller, but we might flub our dice rolls). It'll require 20 progress and 25 COWS per die. If we roll Cost and Time at advantage, we could bring that down much further. This is a big project that's already going to cost a lot. I don't want to risk it costing even more because we flubbed the roll.

I will however vote for the design without extra dice, just because I really believe we need it more than a medium lift right now.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: May 22, 2018, 03:13:18 pm »

Imperial Marine Armoury (3 dice) + save 4 dice [3]: Wizgrot, Kashyyk, Rockeater

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: May 22, 2018, 04:28:37 pm »

Medium lift crystal (3 dice) + save 4 dice: [2] NAV, Doomblade
Imperial Marine Armoury (3 dice) + save 4 dice [4]: Wizgrot, Kashyyk, Rockeater, Happerry
I still want the medium lift crystal soon but we can do this for now. We need better infantry stuff too after all.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: May 22, 2018, 06:24:26 pm »

Medium lift crystal (3 dice) + save 4 dice: [2] NAV, Doomblade
Imperial Marine Armoury (3 dice) + save 4 dice [5]: Wizgrot, Kashyyk, Rockeater, Happerry, NAV
Consensusing the 3 dice version.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: May 23, 2018, 11:34:30 am »

Imperial Marine Armory
[Time: 1  Progress: 1 Cost: 1]

After just saving and scrimping everything they had, neither the people nor the guilds are in the mood to be terrible cooperative. The engineers make their case, and the military enthusiastically supports them, but the approval of the project creates tremendous pushback and furor.

One hopes for a letter from the princess, but nothing comes. Perhaps she thinks getting into this fight would be a waste of her soft power, or perhaps she just wants to see what her engineers can do without her intercession.

Imperial Marine Armory: 1/24 | 10C+15O+15W | Rushed 0 Times | Nothing Invested

Prototype
[Efficacy: 3 Cost: 6 Bugs: 4]
After the initial fiscal issues, the engineers put everything they have into making as economically painless as possible (once the infrastructure has been built and funding secured), though that does mean they have to cut production goals slightly, and are forced to make certain concessions and promises on what can and cannot be produced at the facilities. No objects of significant scale, such as mobile covers or cannons, no ship hulls, and every assigned 'production pattern' has to carry a certain guaranteed amount of labor to make it economical.

The final working iteration, grudgingly approved by the guilds, is a patchwork of compromises- but not an altogether ineffective one.

Imperial Marine Armory: A production line for marine equipment. ONLY produces items that are 'small', i.e, do not have special TU requirements and can be carried on individual marines. Cannot produce naval equipment. Every pattern must require at least 100 points of production per turn, and must include three different items.
1200 Base points of production cap
150 Base points of production per turn

Spire Kasgyre's Production stands at
12(+12)/y Crystal, 24/125 Banked
12(+2)/y Ore, 15/95 banked
17/y Wood, 17/95 banked
10/y Silk, 10/55 banked

It is now the revision phase. You have 4 dice to spend.

Spoiler: Imperial Topaz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goods Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:40:46 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: May 23, 2018, 03:48:21 pm »

Quote from: Revision: Aether Grenades MKII (Improved Timers)
Improve manufacturing quality for the timer. Make it so it always explodes when you expect it to, not a second earlier or later.

Once that's done, lets add a small dial that lets you set the fuse length. It works by turning the little resistive gear used for timing. Set the fuse length to minimum for booby traps, so no one has time to take cover or be a hero and jump on the grenade. Set the fuse length to maximum for controlled demolitions, so you have enough time to set the grenade down then walk away calmly before it explodes. Set it somewhere in the middle for throwing and slinging.

Quote from: Revision: Better Slings and Ammuntion
Our military engineers have taken note of the recent effectiveness of our slings, and noticed that there is much room for improvement of both weapon and ammunition.

Our marines already have their grenade slings, which are great for throwing grenades, or throwing large rocks at short range.

We should also give them a longer sling with a smaller pouch, used to sling lead projectiles or smaller rocks at longer ranges. Along with this let's endeavour to make the lead shot standard issue, like the slings themselves are.

Along with that, let's give each marine a "kestros", a specialized sling that is capable of launching Witch-Hunter bolts, if you're in the same squad as a Witch-Hunter user and they're willing to share. It won't have the same power and accuracy as a Witch-Hunter, but it will be a considerable upgrade from rocks or lead shot.

The slings can be worn as belts, bandoliers, or headbands with little to no extra encumbrance, and the ammo can be kept in pouches.

We can make the basic slings a powerful and versatile weapon that our marines are proud to wield, not something they are forced to wield as a last resort.
Because no matter what we do, the majority of our marines will be forced to fight with just slings and grenades this turn. We should make them actually effective combatants with just slings. It would let us spend a lot less on infantry equipment in the near future and funnel more resources into the armoury.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:58:37 pm by NAV »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: May 23, 2018, 03:52:04 pm »

Resource Exchange
The Royal Armoury is not the only entity to own raw resources. There are bound to be businesses, organisations or even rich individuals with a surplus of resources that could see better use. By trading one resource for another (likely at a loss) we should be able to cover for any gaps in our funding.

Production Line Investments
By committing additional funds to our Production Lines, we should be able to secure reliable sources of income that will increase both the capacity and output of the Production Line in question.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: May 23, 2018, 03:57:54 pm »

Those both really sound like designs Kashyyk. I don't think we can introduce new mechanics into the game like that with just revisions.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: May 23, 2018, 04:15:36 pm »

Draig all but confirmed they were possible as revisions.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: May 23, 2018, 04:33:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is everything relevant Draignean said that I could find, and it does not convince me one bit because of how vague it is. Pretty sure he was talking about sacrificing permanent resource per turn to improve the docks, which I am completely unwilling to do.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 178