Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150301 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #240 on: July 21, 2017, 09:17:57 am »

They literally cannot reach our closest spires on the first turn.

Also, I think we can only drop one location per transport per turn.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2017, 09:26:34 am »

They literally cannot reach our closest spires on the first turn.

Also, I think we can only drop one location per transport per turn.

Both of these things are true.

Shadow, I'm not sure where you get four movement points from.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2017, 09:28:32 am »

Whilst I've got you Draig:

Draig, could we confirmation one way it the other about native resistance at local vs belt demispires?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2017, 09:31:30 am »

Whilst I've got you Draig:

Draig, could we confirmation one way it the other about native resistance at local vs belt demispires?

Your own local: Can be captured with naked marines due to familiarity, assuming no Wreth resistance.
The Belt: Will resist both sides. There will be losses. Can't really give you more than that.
Enemy local: Will intrinsically resist you, but provides no resistance to Wreth.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2017, 09:42:10 am »

Never mind the intrinsics, but I'm sure that we can send one Transport towards the Belt Spire and the other to capturing a local spire, than send the transport to take over the next local spire. I think I got the four movement on a previous post, but to clear it up than transport one which will go over one of the Belt Spire and the other transport towards a local transport

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2017, 09:57:17 am »

Quote from: Resource Expansion and Loss Mitigation
-1x Transport A + 10 SkySkiff Class go to the Three Captains, with primary priority on Hit and Run, with maybe one ship on the other Tactics
-Transport A Is equipped with three marines units 1 2 3
Marine Unit 1: Bronze Armor (Squad Leader), Crossbows (Full Squad), Aethersilk Vests, Bronze Cutlass
Marine Unit 2: Bronze Armor (Squad Leader), Crossbows (Fire Team), Aethersilk Vests, Bronze Cutlass, Aether Gauntlets
Marine Unit 3: Prototype Bronze Armor (Fireteam Leaders), Prototype Crossbows (Fire Team), Aethersilk Vests, Bronze Cutlass, Aether Gauntlets

-1x Transport pickups Marine Unit 4 5 6
Marine Unit 4: Crossbow (Fire Team), Bronze Cutlass, Aethersilk Vests
Marine Unit 5: Crossbow (Fire Team), Aethersilk Vests
Marine Unit 6: Bronze Cutlass, Aethersilk Vests

Transport sends Marine Units into Leftmost Spire since Ore.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2017, 10:02:58 am »

No transports to the belt this turn; we need to secure our home demispires first, though I'll agree on sending skiffs to the belt; five skiffs each side.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2017, 11:21:21 am »

Quote from: Heavy Belt strike plus Local Acquisition
-1x Transport A + 10 SkySkiff Class go to the Three Captains, with primary priority on Hit and Run, with maybe one ship on the other Tactics
Marine Unit 1: Bronze Armor (Squad Leader), Crossbows (Full Squad), Aethersilk Vests, Bronze Cutlass
Marine Unit 2: Bronze Armor (Squad Leader), Crossbows (Fire Team), Aethersilk Vests, Bronze Cutlass, Aether Gauntlets
Marine Unit 3: Prototype Bronze Armor (Fireteam Leaders), Prototype Crossbows (Fire Team), Aethersilk Vests, Bronze Cutlass, Aether Gauntlets

-1x Transport pickups Marine Unit 4 5
Marine Unit 4 & 5 are not supplied equipment

Transport drops Marine Unit 4 at Leftmost Demi-Spire, then starts moving to Right-most Demi-Spire for deployment next turn.

By word of God, we don't need to send equipped units to local demispires. Thus the bare minimum is sent to ensure we capture the demispire. Overwhelming numbers and firepower makes no difference, it will still take us 4 turns to do.

Otherwise, it's the same as NAV's plan.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2017, 11:29:22 am »

Can we use those two extra 'crossbow (1 per fireteam)' to give two squads two crossbows per fireteam?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2017, 11:36:44 am »

Wait! Don't send any infantry to the three captains! If you check one of it's traits is that it is heavily infested and it's impressive silk production gives us some indication as to what is infesting it! Losing marines or even a transport this early could be disastrous. We should secure our local demi spires first and not risk our transports by sending them to the belt. If the enemy shoot down one of our transports it'll give them an impressive early lead, let's not give them the chance. Full strategic purposal coming when I'm not on my phone
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:46:04 am by Jerick »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2017, 12:05:09 pm »

Yeah, Jerick speaks sense here, those spires are going to be resisting both sides. So at this point why bother sending in troops when we can disrupt their attempts to take the belt demispires and leave our troops on our left and right spires.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 21, 2017, 12:15:21 pm »

We have our marines this well equipped already, might as well go for the full prize. I highly doubt we'll lose to spiders.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2017, 12:18:16 pm »

Ok here we are;
Marine Unit 1: Bronze Armor (Squad Leader), Crossbows (Full Squad), Aethersilk Vests,
Marine Unit 3: Bronze Cutlass

-Transport B Is equipped with three marines units 4 5 6
Marine Unit 4 & 5: Bronze Cutlass
Marine Unit 6: Prototype Bronze Armor (Fireteam Leaders), Prototype Crossbows (Fire Team), Aethersilk Vests, Bronze Cutlass, Aether Gauntlets

Transport A heads for the rightmost demi spire and deploys marine unit 3 and then prepares to head for the unfinished spire next turn.
Transport B heads for the leftmost demi spire and deploys marine unit 4 and then prepares to head for the middle spire next turn with the possiblity of deploying reinforcements to the unfinished sspire the turn after that.

5x skyskiffs are deployed at the three captains using hit and run tactics.
5x skyskiffs are deployed at the unfinished spire using hit and run tactics.
We will need to push into the belt eventually but it makes far more sense to secure what's near us first. That way we can see what the enemy is fielding before committing to sending our transports to the belt. If we lose a transport before it deploys we lose both some resources and a lot of early capturing potential. If that happens they'll be able to capture territory faster than us giving them a resource advantage. If the enemy do overpower us at the belt then we can have the transports deploy troops to reinforce our demi spires. However if we overpower them I'd like our transports be in a position to maybe push forward. But then again depending on what kind of resistance we expect it might be better to hold off for a turn or two so we can build up for a big push.

Edited:
We have our marines this well equipped already, might as well go for the full prize. I highly doubt we'll lose to spiders.
Aethersilk only comes from the monsters that pushed humanity off the surface. I'm not saying three captains is full of spiders I'm saying I think it's full of mist monsters and I would be much happier seeing the Wreth fools have a go first.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:53:15 pm by Jerick »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 21, 2017, 12:35:11 pm »

Honestly, I'd say that we need to land on the two belt spires in a couple of turn's time turn. Just drop some cutlasses onto the garrison troops for the close demispires and sent the skiffs to wreak havoc on their landing attempts this turn. Sure it'd be nice to see their troops die from monsters, but taking out a transport will be an expensive loss for them.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2017, 12:56:12 pm »

Well sending skiffs was always part of the plan but giving the garrison forces some cutlasses is a good idea. Strategic purposal updated.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 178