Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150337 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #2355 on: May 04, 2018, 05:04:20 pm »

Treaty
(3) Yes: Dgr11897, Wizgrot, Rockeater
(1) No: NAV
The Militia failed, we will get minimal advantage from trying to keep our civilians in
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: May 04, 2018, 06:37:28 pm »

One, we should look into fusing Cat DNA with our soldiers

This comes up periodically, so I will reiterate. You do not currently have the capacity to do selective genetic manipulation at this point to the degree of splicing two random species together with desirable results. The Warriorborn do exist currently, but they are few in number and somewhat stigmatized. Their existence is as much a rumor as anything else, and there's more fiction about them than fact. Intelligent cats are similar. They exist, they fulfill their function, and they communicate with a select few understanding humans. However, their intelligence and ability to communicate is again mostly rumors, with those who know the truth isolated at the fringes of society, and they've made no move to join a side in the war.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: May 05, 2018, 07:52:22 am »

Quote from: No Treaty
Ocker use improved blockade running to sneak back to Kasgyr.
Dionysus and Jupiter travel with improved blockade running back to kasgyr. Get their new skypaint.

Anguis II, Viperidae, and 4 Natalies (3 with comms, 1 without) travel from Kasgye to The Hive. 1 Comms Natalie scouting, the rest using Coordinated ambush. We cannot afford any piracy at this point, it would set the docks behind schedule.

One Natalie (without comms) scouts Glowcove.

The Burned Marines keep advancing, using survival tactics. Capture Burned Mountain!
While they're at it, do some squad reorganization and optimization to prepare for redeployment to a combat zone.
--->Marine Squad Siegmeyer: 1/4 Tower Shields | 3/4 Aetheric Pistols | 1/4 Witch-Hunters | Aetheric Grenades (1 per squad)
--->Marine Squad Sieglinde: 1/4 Silk Vests | 3/4 Aetheric Pistols | 1/4 Witch-Hunters | Aetheric Grenades (1 per squad)
--->Marine Squad Siegward: 3/4 Aetheric Pistols | 1/4 Witch-Hunters | Aetheric Grenades (1 per squad)
--->Marine Squad Siegfried: 1/4 Aetheric Pistols | 1/4 Witch Hunters | 2/4 Cutlasses
--->Marine Squad Sieghard: 4/4 Cutlasses
--->Marine Squad Siegbald: 2/4 Cutlasses
--->Marine Squad Siegrun: / [75%]

Marines at Blackstone! Use Prepared Bait and Strike, aided by whatever civilian resistance we can muster. We promise reinforcements are coming soon.
Also transfer 4 topaz pistols from Squad A to Squad B.
Evacuate any civilians not able to join militia to deeper within the spire.

Marines currently at Kasgyre, get lots of practice with your slings, because we're sending reinforcements to Blackstone soon and we can't afford to equip everyone.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:12:36 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: May 05, 2018, 08:11:12 am »

Treaty
(3) Yes: Dgr11897, Wizgrot, Rockeater
The Militia failed, we will get minimal advantage from trying to keep our civilians in
Minimal advantage is infinitely better than no advantage.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: May 05, 2018, 12:00:57 pm »

No you don't get it, it completely failed, to the point that the design documents were disposed of, the militia critically failed. We rolled a one on the efficiency.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: May 05, 2018, 12:12:10 pm »

You do not understand. We have 38 marines stationed there. They had a good kill ratio last year. Nothing has changed, they will have a good kill ratio this year. It is a choice between losing 1 tile of ground and killing some Wreth, or losing 1 tile of ground, not killing Wreth, and having some fluff that gains us absolutely no advantage. Not having a militia is unfortunate, but it does not change the equation. It still benefits us slightly to contest the ground with defensive tactics.

Edit: Its not quite true that nothing has changed. We ram out of grenades but we have awesome camouflage now so it probably evens out.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 01:16:02 pm by NAV »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: May 05, 2018, 02:21:51 pm »

Further endangering our citizens lowers morale. Negotiating a treat to protect them looks good.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: May 05, 2018, 02:31:05 pm »

I don't think morale matters except for fluff, and Looking good certainly doesn't matter.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: May 05, 2018, 03:53:39 pm »

LINES WE WILL NOT CROSS, REMEMBER THAT? THIS IS SOMETHING SIMILAR. Hopefully we get a buff from it, and if not it fits with our in game outlook, that there are some lines we will not cross.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: May 05, 2018, 04:19:46 pm »

Lines we do not cross was an event created by Draignean. This is an event created by us. Giving sides bonuses for events the players create themselves sets very bad precedent, so I doubt Draig will do it. The only bonus we will get is whatever Wreth grants us, and they aren't stupid or honourable enough to grant us anything. Only take it from us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: May 05, 2018, 07:56:57 pm »

A good GM gives points for RP. This is RP. We have been amoral in the past, and the fluff surrounding it was... dark.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: May 05, 2018, 08:05:12 pm »

On Discord Draig said he wouldn't give us anything for the treaty.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: May 05, 2018, 09:13:23 pm »

On Discord Draig said he wouldn't give us anything for the treaty.
Cool. I still want the treaty. It's the right thing to do, and we must hold the moral high ground, an important factor to maintain our government.

Treaty
(4) Yes: Dgr11897, Wizgrot, Rockeater, Doomblade

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: May 06, 2018, 11:29:00 am »

Quote from: Treaty
Ocker use improved blockade running to sneak back to Kasgyr.
Dionysus and Jupiter travel with improved blockade running back to kasgyr. Get their new skypaint.

Anguis II, Viperidae, and 4 Natalies (3 with comms, 1 without) travel from Kasgye to The Hive. 1 Comms Natalie scouting, the rest using Coordinated ambush. We cannot afford any piracy at this point, it would set the docks behind schedule.

One Natalie (without comms) scouts Glowcove.

The Burned Marines keep advancing, using survival tactics. Capture Burned Mountain!
While they're at it, do some squad reorganization and optimization to prepare for redeployment to a combat zone.
--->Marine Squad Siegmeyer: 1/4 Tower Shields | 3/4 Aetheric Pistols | 1/4 Witch-Hunters | Aetheric Grenades (1 per squad)
--->Marine Squad Sieglinde: 1/4 Silk Vests | 3/4 Aetheric Pistols | 1/4 Witch-Hunters | Aetheric Grenades (1 per squad)
--->Marine Squad Siegward: 3/4 Aetheric Pistols | 1/4 Witch-Hunters | Aetheric Grenades (1 per squad)
--->Marine Squad Siegfried: 1/4 Aetheric Pistols | 1/4 Witch Hunters | 2/4 Cutlasses
--->Marine Squad Sieghard: 4/4 Cutlasses
--->Marine Squad Siegbald: 2/4 Cutlasses
--->Marine Squad Siegrun: / [75%]

Marines at Blackstone retreat and let Wreth advance. Use prepared bait and strike to set up traps and fortifications in the next territory back.
Also transfer 4 topaz pistols from squad A to B.

Marines currently at Kasgyre, get lots of practice with your slings, because we're sending reinforcements to Blackstone soon and we can't afford to equip everyone.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 10:53:43 am by NAV »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: May 06, 2018, 02:07:17 pm »

As resulting from Discord discussion. Lead balls for your rifles are now able to be purchased separately and used as sling ammunition. 1 ore per squad.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 178