Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150387 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1995 on: March 22, 2018, 02:54:34 pm »

My thought would be to screenshot it, save each slide picture and link those.

The problem again is that the animations will not work that way. I posted it in the discord, since discord has a rather robust file-sharing system.
Can you share them again on discord,I was on my phone when you posted them and I can't find them now
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 23, 2018, 05:45:40 am »

Quote from: Deployment Plan NAVskyyk
All marines at Three Captains use Bait and Strike.
(Also Note that squad Delta should have topaz gauntlets, not pistols).

All marines at Burned Mountain continue using prepared bait and strike.

One-Eyed Will, go strafe the infrastructure at Unfinished.

Load up three marine squads on the Dionysus. Equipped with just slings and leather helmets. Send them to the Unfinished and have them brutalise untrained and unarmed civilians with fist sized rocks and their bare hands. Defensive fire tactics, if tactics matter for this "battle".

The only difference in this plan is that our marines hold position instead of advance. The amount of losses we are suffering by pushing forward is not sustainable, and so they need to hold tight until reinforcements arrive.

Quote from: Plans
Production
[1] Plan NAV : Kashyyk

Deployment
[] Plan NAV :
[] Plan Bum Rush :
[1] Plan NAVskyyk : Kashyyk

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 23, 2018, 06:40:49 am »

Quote from: Plans
Production
[2] Plan NAV :Kashyyk, NAV

Deployment
[] Plan NAV :
[] Plan Bum Rush :
[2] Plan NAVskyyk : Kashyyk, NAV
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 23, 2018, 08:33:25 am »

How will the Dionysus get past the spire guns? They do have some, and it's just a transport.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 23, 2018, 08:44:58 am »

If they had spire guns, our skiff would've been shot down by them when it attacked last time. Instead it was some monster/madness/an enemy ship.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 23, 2018, 05:03:27 pm »

Initial Resources: (19 wood, 23 ore, 12 crystal, 20 silk)
Total Cost: (19 wood, 20 ore, 12 crystal, 7 silk)
Resources after purchase: (0 wood, 3 ore, 0 crystal, 13 silk)
Resources available at the start of next turn: (19 wood, 20 ore, 23 crystal, 23 silk)

Deployment plan: Smoke
Send 1 skiff to our northernmost Demi-spire. Scouting Tactic
One-eyed will holds position at Burned Mountain. Scouting Tactic
All other ships and the loaded transports sail to the Unfinished. Strafe infrastructure Tactic. Do not unload marines

Marines at Burned Mountain: Hold position. (Maybe build a dehumidifier to supplement water rations?)
Marines at Three Captains: All squads Continue to advance with Shield Wall tactic.

This is the deployment plan for the strategy discussed (and pictured via power point) in the discord. The force for landing at the Wreth home spire is equipped with a variety of equipment, but not overwhelming firepower. They are intended to force the enemy buy several different types of equipment to deal with us, and take a long time doing so. The high number of marines are generally there to cause a nuisance and slaughter the unarmed marines they will encounter in high number. There are a few heavily armed squads to deal with any serious threat, and a lot of guys with cutlasses to hit soft targets.

Some people mentioned concern about Wreth doing the same thing as us, and landing at the spire while we are all away. Because of this, I have elected to outfit our reinforcements for the TC this turn. This will provide armed squads to resist a landing, and also means we wont have to spend any resources next turn. We can put it all into projects or new ships. They will be loaded onto the new transport next turn. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 12:17:04 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 23, 2018, 05:05:52 pm »

Quote from: Schemes
Production
[1] Plan David: Helmacon

Deployment
[] Plan NAV :
[] Plan Bum Rush :
[1] Plan Smoke: Helmacon

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 23, 2018, 05:10:27 pm »

Wait, is this supposed to go to the Wrethi home spire? You realise they'll just get shot to pieces by the spire guns right? There is no way Draig didn't design this game so as to prevent this sort of shenanigans. Also, he said that home spies and demi-spires will have local resistance in thr same way belt spies did, so our lightly armed marines are going to beaten to death by militia.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 23, 2018, 05:13:23 pm »

Quote from: Schemes
Production
[2] Plan David: Helmacon,Rockeater

Deployment
[] Plan NAV :
[] Plan Bum Rush :
[2] Plan Smoke: Helmacon,Rockeater
[/quote]
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 23, 2018, 05:16:50 pm »

Wait, is this supposed to go to the Wrethi home spire? You realise they'll just get shot to pieces by the spire guns right? There is no way Draig didn't design this game so as to prevent this sort of shenanigans. Also, he said that home spies and demi-spires will have local resistance in thr same way belt spies did, so our lightly armed marines are going to beaten to death by militia.

We are sending our whole fleet to support the landing. We might take a few casualties, but without the enemy fleet we will by no means get "shot to pieces".

There is also several squads of well armed marines to deal with any threats. The other squads are to hit soft targets of unarmed marines and fill casualties in the main squads.

The idea is not to take the spire, but to shut down resource production for a few turns and force the enemy fleet to pull back from TC.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 23, 2018, 05:22:04 pm »

How do you plan on giving Viperidae a topaz kettlegun without first removing it from Anguis?

Goving a transport topaz lift and trim but VS topaz core, making it extra maneuverable but extra fragile? Interesting. Will hamper our next viper due to lack of topaz lift, and is 1 less topaz mobile cover. I understand that is is just making use of what we have to get a transport out, optomizing for time instead of resources.

You should put as many equipped squads as possible on Jupiter because Jupiter is much less likely to be shot down. Put unequipped squads on the Dionysus.

You should ditch the cutlasses. They are useless. You could use the ore from cutlasses to buy 3 fireteams of standard witch-hunters, probably do more good.

This is not an endorsement of the plan, just trying to optimise in case we do go that route.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 23, 2018, 05:24:19 pm »

So once our fleet is on their doorstep, how are we supposed to get to TC without fighting an unfavourable engagement? We will have taken damage in the landing after all.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 23, 2018, 05:36:42 pm »

So once our fleet is on their doorstep, how are we supposed to get to TC without fighting an unfavourable engagement? We will have taken damage in the landing after all.

Have you actually checked the long term plan? The one I made a whole powerpoint to describe? It answers all your questions.

How do you plan on giving Viperidae a topaz kettlegun without first removing it from Anguis?

Goving a transport topaz lift and trim but VS topaz core, making it extra maneuverable but extra fragile? Interesting. Will hamper our next viper due to lack of topaz lift, and is 1 less topaz mobile cover. I understand that is is just making use of what we have to get a transport out, optomizing for time instead of resources.

You should put as many equipped squads as possible on Jupiter because Jupiter is much less likely to be shot down. Put unequipped squads on the Dionysus.

You should ditch the cutlasses. They are useless. You could use the ore from cutlasses to buy 3 fireteams of standard witch-hunters, probably do more good.

This is not an endorsement of the plan, just trying to optimise in case we do go that route.

You are right about the slipup on the kettlegun. Ill fix that.
The transport is basically geared for stealth insertions. Not technically what it will be doing here, but something viable in the future. Most of it was just convenient optimizing though

Good point about the Jupiter. Ill change that too.

I disagree about the cutlasses. Cutlass/sling wielding marines will be just fine against unarmed marine reserves. The other two squads will deal with any real resistance.  We also do not have enough wood to buy more which hunters.

Right now i'm on the verge of passing out from lab/classes today and i'm gonna go eat some food. Ill edit the changes in a bit.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 24, 2018, 02:30:05 am »

No.  I'm not on discord. I'd appreciate it if you laid out our here too, as this is a forum game, not a discord game.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 24, 2018, 05:48:37 am »

Yeah, I’m on the discord but we do kinda need an outline that’s doesn’t involve a PowerPoint that we need to download, which I can’t download.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 178