Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150661 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1245 on: September 27, 2017, 09:07:56 am »

Unfortunately we don't have enough crystal or ore to do that.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 27, 2017, 09:52:21 am »

:/ I'm not liking being so open. They'll be dripping marines off at TC this turn, and I doubt we'd be able to set up spire guns in time to hold off their transport.

If you adjust your plan so that our ships move to Glowcove rather than Unfinished, it gives us a better chance at dodging a Wrethi flank attack.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 27, 2017, 10:06:19 am »

You're right. They should be going to Glowcove. I misread the map.

Should we pick up the glowcove squad and bring it out into the field? It's semi-equipped and not contributing anything right now. If we give them the topaz gauntlets and grenades they'll be very formidable. I don't think Wreth is going to attack our demi-spires any time soon so there's not much point leaving them there.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:13:01 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 27, 2017, 10:31:00 am »

Yeah, that would be a good plan. The gear is more valuable than the men, but no point leaving them there forever.

Edit: Draig, would creating a topaz skyskiff pattern be possible as a revision, or would we need to make it a design to represent the effort involved with getting the Princess on-board?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:35:57 am by Kashyyk »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 27, 2017, 11:08:47 am »

Yeah, that would be a good plan. The gear is more valuable than the men, but no point leaving them there forever.

Edit: Draig, would creating a topaz skyskiff pattern be possible as a revision, or would we need to make it a design to represent the effort involved with getting the Princess on-board?

You mean getting a way to reliably manufacture all 6 crystalline parts with imperial topaz? On the one hand, it seems a bit small for a design, and a bit big for a revision.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 27, 2017, 01:21:25 pm »

Pretty much. I wouldn't be opposed to having it as a two dice revision.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 04, 2017, 08:14:59 pm »

Ye should come up with a real vote.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 04, 2017, 09:30:42 pm »

Quote from: A Vote
Regroup and Rearm: NAV

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 04, 2017, 11:58:16 pm »

Regroup and Rearm: NAV,
 helmacon

The silk vests should help control collateral from cannon strikes. Topaz stuff is super worth buying.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 05, 2017, 02:56:38 am »

[3] Regroup and Rearm: NAV, helmacon, Kashyyk

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 05, 2017, 02:06:17 pm »

[4] Regroup and Rearm: NAV, helmacon, Kashyyk, Jerick
I have no objections to this plan.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: October 05, 2017, 03:06:26 pm »

Three Captains

Inside the Spire

With the Wrethans finally obliterated, there's nothing left for the men to do but finish mapping and attempt to button up. Their limited numbers will make repelling a landing difficult, but they'll at least have the lay of the land wholly in their favor if Wreth returns.

Officers have note of a number of larger galleries that could house substantial communities, if properly outfitted. Doing that, however, would require some guarantee that the inbound civilian transports wouldn't be shot to hell and back. Considering that the airspace is, at the moment, Wreth controlled, that's not going to happen this year.

There's a smaller note on the reports, written in the too-small writing of a man who's too good at his job to leave things out, but would also really be happier if everyone overlooked the report, of a number of threading passages leading below the mist line of the spire, where the luminescent ore seems more frequent and the youngling spiders much denser. An expedition might discover something interesting, but a colony should really, really come first.

Kasgyre has complete control of the Three Captains

Glowcove

The wounded Ophidian and company are able to limp back into home territory. It's a relatively slow journey with the Ophidian's damaged web, and it's far from a heroic landing when the Mercury docks in order to take aboard the demi-spires marine reserves. One cannot win every battle of a war, but it must still be disheartening for the civilians to see the Ophidian wounded so.

Still, there is no chase from Wrethan ships, nor is there any sign of a flanking action. Room to breathe, if only a little.

Spire Kasgyre

Another pair of skyskiffs have been constructed to replace the destroyed vessels.

Testing on the Imperial Topaz has revealed few functional differences, which is rather fascinating- particularly in the subject of the cannon and the grenades. Logically, from what is currently known of the behavior of hard aether, a doubling of power while keeping all other variables constant should approximately double the cannon's effective range or the grenade's blast radius. However, while the impact of both is doubled in intensity, the falloff in energy by distance is increased, rendering the increase in effective range negligible. The current working theory is that there is some change in the geometry of the hard-aether projection created by the respective weapons crystals which is having unforeseen interactions with the atmosphere.

The distinctive hue of the crystals, which seems to color their projections as well, seems to be generated by some chemical which integrates into their structure during growth, and may explain why there are so very few inclusions and imperfections of other candors.

It is the beginning of the year 365 AR.

Spire Kasgyre's production stands at,
13/y Crystal, 23/65 Banked
17/y Ore, 35/85 banked
19/y Wood, 95/95 banked
10/y Silk, 44/50 banked

It is now the design and project maintenance phase. You have 5 dice to spend.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goods Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

Current Technology

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 05, 2017, 03:17:35 pm »

We... We finally have the three captains! HUZZAH!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 05, 2017, 03:21:00 pm »

Alright, the fleet will be home by Christmas, and can be repaired. Anything ships we build and equip this turn will be able to fly out with the repaired Ophidian at the beginning of next, thus we should take into that into account with regards to protect costs.

Obviously we finish the Thaddeus crystals, but I'd be inclined to vote for no further project work ( Unless you can come up with a purely wood and silk design).

PPE: technically, yes we do. Can't do anything with it cos it's blockaded and probably gonna be invaded this turn.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 05, 2017, 03:26:19 pm »

I'm frankly surprised they didn't land last turn, but that likely means they are building up their marine forces for a large strike.
Thaddeus crystals are a given. Is it time for medium lift crystals or should we follow up on the hints we got and investigate chemicals and projectile shapes? Can the crystal tuning tools effect the shape of a cannon's projectile?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 178