Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires  (Read 26038 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires
« Reply #270 on: November 12, 2017, 10:46:03 am »

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. We would never steal a spire's resources.

We acquire them through perfectly legal means. If the spire wants them back it can just fill out a Resource Return Form Request Form, get it notarised by any second-level bureaucrat, then requisition the Resource Return Form from the Department of Obscure Paperwork (obviously after proving their identity in triplicate), then simply fill out the short five page form, get it notarised by two second-level bureaucrats, and deliver it to the Department of Resources.
Then do that twice more, because it needs to be done in triplicate.
After which the Department of Resources will consult with the Department of Ethics to determine whether the spire has the right to claim the resources- a formality, of course-, before delivering an order to the Department of Logistics to requisition the resources in question (which should only take 1-2 weeks), whereupon the Department of Resources will contact the Department of Logistics again to have them deliver the resources back to the spire they came from.

As you can see, we've streamlined the process to make it easier for spires to claim their resources back, because we are very concerned about unfair exploitation.
Long Live United Forenia!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 12, 2017, 11:04:22 am »

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. We would never steal a spire's resources.

We acquire them through perfectly legal means. If the spire wants them back it can just fill out a Resource Return Form Request Form, get it notarised by any second-level bureaucrat, then requisition the Resource Return Form from the Department of Obscure Paperwork (obviously after proving their identity in triplicate), then simply fill out the short five page form, get it notarised by two second-level bureaucrats, and deliver it to the Department of Resources.
Then do that twice more, because it needs to be done in triplicate.
After which the Department of Resources will consult with the Department of Ethics to determine whether the spire has the right to claim the resources- a formality, of course-, before delivering an order to the Department of Logistics to requisition the resources in question (which should only take 1-2 weeks), whereupon the Department of Resources will contact the Department of Logistics again to have them deliver the resources back to the spire they came from.

As you can see, we've streamlined the process to make it easier for spires to claim their resources back, because we are very concerned about unfair exploitation.

I rest my case. They show up on the border, slaughter our men with chemical weaponry, then have the audacity to give us paperwork?!?!?!

TO ARMS!!!
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 12, 2017, 11:17:18 am »

Counterpoint:
-Kasgyr's borders have never extended past the spire itself and the three nearest demispires. No documentation exists showing any of the 'belt spires' to be Kasgyrite territory.
-We never slaughtered your men; you aren't technically men. All Wrethian judges agree that a thousand spiders in a skin suit may look human, but for legal purposes remain spiders.
-If you had read my post thoroughly, you would've seen that we are not giving you paperwork. We are offering you the chance to acquire some. It's enough work just getting our own paperwork- you think I'm going to fill out a Form Request Form on your behalf?

-We are already at war. I appreciate you trying to get into the Wrethian spirit by declaring war in duplicate, but we've already taken care of the necessary paperwork.
Long Live United Forenia!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 12, 2017, 11:25:43 am »

Countercounterpoint:

-Agreed. We can't really make a case that we own TC
-Thinly veiled insult is thinly veiled and will not be responded to
-You gave us paperwork, in that you requested us to do something with a paper
-I did not declare war, just called people to arms. Those are two different things, right?
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 12, 2017, 11:30:37 am »

1. No comment necessary.
2. Is it really an insult if it's nothing but the truth?
3. It seems to me that we have informed you of something you MAY do, not something you MUST do.
4. According to the Wrethan Official Dictionary for Official Matters and Final Decisions on the Meanings of Words and Phrases, no, they are not different things.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 15, 2017, 11:10:56 am »

I formally apply to join spire Kasgyr.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 15, 2017, 11:20:09 am »

What do we look like, bureaucrats? Jump on in!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 15, 2017, 11:23:05 am »

((Okay, heading over. Checking in here for Draig's sake.))

Wreth- Everyone knows that excessive paperwork is oppression! That's why we at Kasgyre fight against your paper fist!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:24:50 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 15, 2017, 11:26:19 am »

((Okay, heading over. Checking in here for Draig's sake.))

Wreth- Everyone knows that excessive paperwork is oppression! That's why we at Kasgyre fight against your paper fist!

Duly noted. I won't be around much in about four hours, so if you want to get on the discord after that you'll have to bug a mod to get on the team chat.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 22, 2017, 12:14:12 am »

First Referendum of the Cinder Spires

So, the design and project system. It was put in place with an idea similar to patents- that a nation that tackled a difficult problem and got out ahead in a particular field would stay ahead for a while until the enemy copied their designs. In this regard, it has pleased me greatly, as there have been multiple occasions where teams have chosen to take a different route around a problem rather than trying to play catch-up.

However, there are significant issues- particularly in that exacerbates luck. A good project with bad rolls becomes a waste of time that will never be completed, and rolls spent trying to complete a project can add up to monumental heights before the team is even able to tell whether or not this is going to be a good investment of time and energy. A long project that has cost a fortune can be ruined by three bad rolls, which has the unfortunate side effect of punishing innovation by making such projects threatening. While this is symmetric and ends up theoretically balancing out between the two sides, it ends up making an optimal strategy rather unfortunately cautious. So, that in mind, let's get to the proposed changes.

Instant Prototyping: When you vote to create a design, you will get the initial prototype instantly. Project durations will be shortened overall. All current projects not at prototype stage for both sides will gain prototypes on the next design phase.
Side Note: This may eliminate the secondary benefit prototypes often gained on infrastructure projects.

Re-Roll Prototypes: While a project is in the prototype stage, but before any additional progress beyond the initially rolled amount is paid for, you can pay n+1 dice and n+2 times the resource cost per die for the project to re-roll every one of the three project rolls, where n is the number of times the project as been re-rolled. Without a special credit from an event, you cannot 'lock in' any values and must re-roll all three if you want to re-roll any. Once you're happy with a project, you can vote to progress it as normal. Scrapping a project yields nothing.
Side Note: If you have the ability to roll a prototype at advantage, each re-roll is also rolled at advantage.
Side Note 2: When building another prototype, you may inject new fluff, which may change how bugs and efficacy priorities turn out.

So, as this is a referendum, I ask you to vote and pitch your two bits in.

Instant Prototyping: [1] Draignean
No Instant Prototyping: [ 0 ]
Re-Roll Prototypes: [1] Draignean
No Re-rolling prototypes: [ 0 ]

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2017, 12:16:51 am »

Instant Prototyping: [2] Draignean, Kot
Re-Roll Prototypes: [2] Draignean, Kot

Buy me a pizza.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2017, 12:18:41 am »

Instant Prototyping: [3] Draignean, Kot, Milo
Re-Roll Prototypes: [3] Draignean, Kot, Milo

Sure, why not? (Can it apply to Wreth only? We are just that awesome.)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 22, 2017, 12:20:34 am »

Instant Prototyping: [3] Draignean, kot, milo
No Instant Prototyping: [1] helmacon
Re-Roll Prototypes: [4] Draignean, helmacon, kot, milo

I don't believe the mid point prototypes create any problems. So long as you can fix your mistakes, The game will become much more playable.

I feel like both options will be too much, but one of the 2 is definitely needed.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 22, 2017, 01:13:45 am »

helmacon has a good point.

Instant Prototyping: [2] Draignean, kot
No Instant Prototyping: [2] helmacon, Milo
Re-Roll Prototypes: [4] Draignean, helmacon, kot, Milo
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 22, 2017, 01:52:44 am »

Instant Prototyping: [2] Draignean, kot
No Instant Prototyping: [3] helmacon, Milo, Doomblade187
Re-Roll Prototypes: [5] Draignean, helmacon, kot, Milo, Doomblade187
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24