Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 57507 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)
« Reply #390 on: August 26, 2017, 05:04:52 pm »

get to the ship, grab the bomb parts.
"so which way are we going here?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 26, 2017, 07:43:11 pm »

Wake up and find out how my suit handled that.
Try this again.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 27, 2017, 01:50:48 pm »

get to the ship, grab the bomb parts.
"so which way are we going here?"

Despite your fearsome strength, upon slightly lifting the box it becomes extremely apparent that it is too heavy to lift with one arm, and lifting it with your shot arm would definitely cause some nasty tearing of your flesh.

"You see that white building? Over there."

Wake up and find out how my suit handled that.
Try this again.

[Will: 2+2]

No, your mind says. I don't wanna.

You all see a second shuttle streak through the sky, landing on the northern side of the white building.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 27, 2017, 01:53:04 pm »

Recall the shooty-drone, and send up an orbserver instead. Check the space inbetween us and the white building.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 27, 2017, 01:56:52 pm »

Slap myself using the adaptive rod. Since the mental connection to it should still be up.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 27, 2017, 02:07:13 pm »

injury is mostly mental! Pick up the damn box and stop whining!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #396 on: August 28, 2017, 02:30:46 pm »

Use magical metal to lift the bomb parts and convey them whence they need to go. If attacked or otherwise harassed, set parts down, block self, perforate attackers. In that order.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 28, 2017, 04:11:12 pm »

Recall the shooty-drone, and send up an orbserver instead. Check the space inbetween us and the white building.

[Mechanics: 4-2]

The gunner drone drops to the ground like a stone, embedding itself in a sand dune.

[Mechanics: 10-2]

The observer, however, fares much better! The area between yourselves and the facility is mostly composed of sand dunes. There is, however, a large square of metal, hidden behind a sand dune about halfway to the facility.

[Intelligence: 1+1]

You have no clue what it is.

Slap myself using the adaptive rod. Since the mental connection to it should still be up.

Sadly, you have to be conscious to do that. You try to wake up the normal way, instead.

[Will: 5+2]

You wake up with two functionally useless arms covered with yellow foam, and a face full of sand.

injury is mostly mental! Pick up the damn box and stop whining!

...if you say so.

[Endurance: 9+1]

Gritting through the pain, you pick up the box! Then your bullet wounds get pulled apart by your tensing muscles!

You start bleeding profusely!

Use magical metal to lift the bomb parts and convey them whence they need to go. If attacked or otherwise harassed, set parts down, block self, perforate attackers. In that order.

You watch Doc literally rip himself apart for a little bit before you decide to just handle the goddamn box yourself.

[Strength: 8]

You still have to mostly carry the brunt of the weight even with the metal (gravity still exists), but you manage to shift it into a comfortable position.

You start lurching towards the facility, passing August on the way.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 28, 2017, 04:32:10 pm »

Retrieve the Gunner drone, then start walking towards the metal thing.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 28, 2017, 04:55:39 pm »

Try and shape the Adaptive Rod into an arm.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 28, 2017, 05:02:54 pm »

"oh fucking hell. Can one of you get the bullet out and seal this hole In my arm? It's really getting on my nerves, both literally and figuratively."
move to get medical treatment from one of the others.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 05:59:21 pm by Dustan Hache »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 28, 2017, 05:56:59 pm »

Look for something to repair
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 29, 2017, 06:47:10 am »

"oh fucking hell. Can one of you get the bullet out and seal this hole In my arm? It's really getting on my nerves, both literally and figuratively."

Right, give that guy medical treatment.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 29, 2017, 06:40:09 pm »

Retrieve the Gunner drone, then start walking towards the metal thing.

After walking up to the gunner drone landing site and spending a minute or so tugging it out of the ground, you embark off towards the mysterious metal square of mystery.

[Intelligence: 3+1]

It, uh, is metal? And appears to have a line dividing it across the center?

Try and shape the Adaptive Rod into an arm.

You wiggle your fingers towards the rod, and eventually make contact! The metal shifts and flows, forming a metal arm.

You stumble out of the ship and let Darwin take care of you. He fills your wounds with some sort of foam. You feel much better. For about 10 seconds. Then it starts to feel like your arm is getting torn apart from the inside!

[Endurance: 3+1]

You collapse to the ground, writhing in pain!

Look for something to repair

[Insight: 6-2]

Well, the ship is in pretty good shape, so it doesn't need repair. And you really don't have the equipment to repair the armor...

Uh...

Right, give that guy medical treatment.

You dash over to Doc, and start applying the medi-foam!

[Medicine: 9+1]

[-1 advanced charge]

This time, with much more caution, you carefully fill every wound to the brim with medi-foam. Then you remember that after medi-foam is applied, it expands. A lot. Extremely rapidly. Crap.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:54:41 pm by DolosusDoleus »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 29, 2017, 06:42:44 pm »

Look around for anything interesting
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33