Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 57678 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 1)
« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2017, 07:54:46 pm »

Not much I can do. Just kinda... remain unconscious, I guess.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 02, 2017, 09:50:20 pm »

...I can wait. The Incredible Hulk is doing just fine. If any more tentacles want to attack me, don't let them.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2017, 10:51:27 pm »

"T-t-tentacles! Monster!"

Scramble back, completely ignoring people who probably need medical attention.

Ew! Tentacles are gross! You scamper backwards, point at the tentacles, and give a manly scream.

Calm down.

Calm down? Never! Not when there are still things to be killed! Not while you can still taste the blood of this place on your tongue!

You continue ripping the assorted arms and tentacles into itty bitty tiny pieces.

aaaagh I neeed a medic bag

go save the guy who just passed out, he probably need help!

You stumble over to Juniper, and start tugging on her with your good arm!

[Strength: 5+1]

Despite your strength, you are unable to really pull her out at all! As you do so, you also hear a slight crunching noise coming from the hole she is stuck in. That doesn't sound good.

Walk off with my heart pieces carefully contained in the metal. I feel like I'm not really needed here. Find a nice place to loiter until something significant happens/ I need to scamper to safety.

You make your way back towards the exit when just as you are about to go through the tunnel, a massive meaty slab slams down just in front of you. You sort of lean on it instead.

Not much I can do. Just kinda... remain unconscious, I guess.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzowzzzzzzzzzzzohgodzzzzzzzzzpainzzzzzzzz

...I can wait. The Incredible Hulk is doing just fine. If any more tentacles want to attack me, don't let them.

You wait and continue to stare at the tentacles. They are big, meaty, and covered with bloody suckers with barbs embedded in their centers. This place really sucks.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2017, 11:24:02 pm »

"goddamit you idiots! Get over here and help me! I've only got one good arm!"
keep trying! Whatever it's doing will only kill them if left to continue!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2017, 07:27:32 am »

Are there any other things that look like we could benefit a great deal from them being dead? If so, apply some firepower to those things. Otherwise, I'll just keep waiting, out of range of any and all tentacle pits.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2017, 09:59:33 am »

Keep cowering.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2017, 10:05:16 am »

Find (make) a path out

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2017, 08:30:01 pm »

"Boss door huh? Yeah, fine, I guess."

Entomb self in metal, while also keeping my samples good and contained.

"Lemme know when this shit is finished, I'm gonna play tetris on my suit computer...if it can do that."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2017, 08:53:49 pm »

Reflect on how only one teammate is helping me.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2017, 10:12:45 pm »

"goddamit you idiots! Get over here and help me! I've only got one good arm!"
keep trying! Whatever it's doing will only kill them if left to continue!

Despite your wild howls for help, no one comes to help!

Wow, your teammates really suck, don't they?

[Strength: 10+1]

However, with a massive surge of pure strength, you manage to pull Juniper free of the pit! Oh joy! Oh happy...

Oh shit. Now, you're no doctor, but you're pretty sure that when someone's legs are completely missing, there is a serious problem. And Juniper's legs are most certainly missing.

Shit.

Are there any other things that look like we could benefit a great deal from them being dead? If so, apply some firepower to those things. Otherwise, I'll just keep waiting, out of range of any and all tentacle pits.

[Intelligence: 1]

EVERYTHING IN THIS ROOM MUST DIE NOW! You start shooting willy-nilly into the pits, the mass of (now limp) tentacles, and pretty much anything else that moves.

[-10s Ammo]

Keep cowering.

You cower. You quite feel like you're getting the hang of cowering, when suddenly the tentacles you are cowering away from explode in a mass of heat and gore! You see Vladimir over in the other side of the room, shooting everything with his sniper rifle. Huh.

Find (make) a path out

[Coin Flip: Heads]

You see the door INVICTUS is standing next to. How dare it close! How dare he not attempt to tear it down! Why must you do everything by yourself!

[Strength: 7+5]

You bum-rush the door, shouldering it and taking it down, slamming it into the floor, spraying meat and blood are gore everywhere!

Then, you begin to feel your pulse slow down. Calm begins to return to you. The need for blood abates.

[No longer beserk!]

"Boss door huh? Yeah, fine, I guess."

Entomb self in metal, while also keeping my samples good and contained.

"Lemme know when this shit is finished, I'm gonna play tetris on my suit computer...if it can do that."

You encase yourself in metal as you see The Incredible AugustTM bum-rush the meat slab!

It also appears to be that the suit doesn't come with games of any sort. You tell yourself that you'll need to have a chat with someone back at the station about that once you return.

Reflect on how only one teammate is helping me.

You feel something. And then you feel a whole lot of nothing. It feels rather nice.

You all hear a crackle in your comms.

"Vital trackers say Juniper just died, fellas. I'm sure she'd appreciate it if you all could take her corpse back to the ship so we can revive her brain.
 Just don't take too long in doing it, mmkay?"
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2017, 10:48:30 pm »

Discover if there is an afterlife.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2017, 07:24:09 am »

Central, last we checked, there's a planetary parasite between us and the ship. We can check if it's still there, but if it is, Juniper's just going to be dead.
Go and check if the worm thing is still around.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 05, 2017, 08:42:51 am »

"Well, I hope we're done here, because it's getting-back-to-the-ship time. INVICTUS, can you make a stretcher out of that thing?"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2017, 11:10:55 am »

welp. I got most of her body. Guess I'm the one to carry it the rest of the way.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 05, 2017, 12:00:52 pm »

Discover if there is an afterlife.

Your mind wanders about in the void. How are you still thinking? What is this?

And then, you perceive but do not see a shadowy figure, sitting at a table. There is an empty chair at the table.

The figure asks if you would like to play a game.

Central, last we checked, there's a planetary parasite between us and the ship. We can check if it's still there, but if it is, Juniper's just going to be dead.
Go and check if the worm thing is still around.

You gingerly step around the remains of the meat door, and begin walking back towards the exit. So far, you don't hear nor sense the vibrations of the worm.

"Whatever floats your boat I guess."

welp. I got most of her body. Guess I'm the one to carry it the rest of the way.

Indeed. You pick up the top half of Juniper, significantly lighter now that she doesn't have legs. Barely takes any effort at all really.

She is making a worrisome buzzing noise, however.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33