Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 57697 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 1)
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2017, 11:52:17 am »

(We're all inside the building now)

Forward

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2017, 11:53:59 am »

keep moving, but careful not to damage the internal structure. Who knows what might flood out?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2017, 10:16:13 pm »

"Wait, how am I inside a pimple...pimples are mostly just pus sacks retrained under a layer of skin with some inflamed flesh around them. Oh well,whatever."

Look around. Does the place seem dangerous? Well, clearly, but more dangerous than outside? Actively hostile? Maybe just a little angry?  Keep my tinfoil hat on and try to find something interesting. NEVER, I repeat, NEVER touch anything with my bare hands or even my suit gloved hands. Use the metal. Poke stuff from a distance. Assume and act as though every surface is poisonous, red hot, and razor sharp. Be tactically paranoid and preserve my grizzled old face.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2017, 11:28:48 am »

Moooove.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2017, 12:07:09 pm »

Let's just go forward then.
(We're all inside the building now)

Forward
Moooove.
*Groans*
Fine.
Forward. It's the direction I'm going. Keep watch.
keep moving, but careful not to damage the internal structure. Who knows what might flood out?

You shuffle forwards, passing through the strange and bloated tunnel. As you get deeper and deeper, the walls become clearer and clearer, until you can barely tell where the tunnel stops and the walls begin. Finally, you reach a large, open section in the center. Sacs of fluid, and giant vessels of what appears to be blood connect from the walls and the ground to what looks like a heart, supported and suspended above the ground by a collection of squirming, grasping appendages of every shape and form imaginable.

As you take in the scene, you can hear a whine, a squeal as though the growth has noticed your presence. The ground beneath the heart bulges as if something is trying to break through to the surface.

"Wait, how am I inside a pimple...pimples are mostly just pus sacks retrained under a layer of skin with some inflamed flesh around them. Oh well,whatever."

Look around. Does the place seem dangerous? Well, clearly, but more dangerous than outside? Actively hostile? Maybe just a little angry?  Keep my tinfoil hat on and try to find something interesting. NEVER, I repeat, NEVER touch anything with my bare hands or even my suit gloved hands. Use the metal. Poke stuff from a distance. Assume and act as though every surface is poisonous, red hot, and razor sharp. Be tactically paranoid and preserve my grizzled old face.

[Insight: 2+1]

You can't seem to get a solid read on... whatever the hell this thing is. When you try to poke the walls, they don't pop, and you decide that puncturing them would be a supremely unwise decision.

[Insight: 8+1]

When you reach the heart, however, your gut tells you that this is hostile. It's beating is increasing in speed, and the bulges don't look friendly at all. This thing is alive, and it in no way appreciates your presence.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2017, 12:14:10 pm »

"And there's no retreat available for us. Get to work, mates; this is what we came for."
Get to an area without bulges, start firing out those appendages, and be ready to shoot down any incoming hostiles.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2017, 01:09:00 pm »

lets take a more indirect approach from my allies: sever those blood vessels! It'll bleed out and die, maybe kill the entire planet!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2017, 01:12:11 pm »

"Well, no one get near me for a bit."

Walk towards the heart and activate my symbiote

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2017, 01:30:26 pm »

"I think you'd better let me try first."

Before my companion goes near the heart, quickly jog over to it and try to administer a decent zap of electricity.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2017, 01:47:57 pm »

"Seriously, let me and the others clear the way first. Then you can finish it."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2017, 12:17:13 pm »

"And there's no retreat available for us. Get to work, mates; this is what we came for."
Get to an area without bulges, start firing out those appendages, and be ready to shoot down any incoming hostiles.

As you turn to run towards a far corner of the room, one of the bulges shoots out, flying across the room directly beneath you!

[Dexterity: 4+1]
[?, Dexterity: 8+?]

Before you can get anywhere, a huge grasping arm explodes beneath you in a burst of gore, grabbing your legs and pulling you down into the ground until you are waist deep in the floor. You feel a slight tapping on the boots of your suit.

lets take a more indirect approach from my allies: sever those blood vessels! It'll bleed out and die, maybe kill the entire planet!

You attempt to make a mad dash for the heart when one of the bulges zips towards you!

[Dexterity: 6]
[?, Dexterity: 2+?]

Fortunately, you are able to dance out of the way and run for the heart!

[Dexterity: 1]
[?, Strength: 1+?]

The assorted arms and tentacles attempt to grab you as you make for the vessels, but in your clumsy attempt to dodge away, you fall directly into the squirming, heaving mass of them! Fortunately, they too don't appear to be very agile themselves, and they bumble all over you harmlessly.

"Well, no one get near me for a bit."

Walk towards the heart and activate my symbiote

Well, first you have a bulge to dodge!

[Dexterity: 3]
[?, Dexterity: 10+?]

You barely take a step forward before a huge grasping hand bursts out of the ground below you, pulling you deep into the floor! Well, this is as good a time as ever to activate that symbiote.

Suddenly, the corners of your vision run red as you are filled with the most terrible rage you ever imagined! You stare at the grasping arm. It insults you by holding onto you so tightly! That heart, it insults you by refusing to give up and die like it is supposed to! You let out a horrible scream, and begin pulling on the grasping arm around you.

[Strength: 7+5]

The arm attempts to break your merciless grasp, but it is no use! With a howl, you rip it out of the ground, blood and gore spraying everywhere! Good, good.

((You can still give actions, but they will be interpreted in the most violent and destructive way possible. Every turn, I will also flip a coin to determine if your action is even processed or whether your character just starts attacking things at random.))

"I think you'd better let me try first."

Before my companion goes near the heart, quickly jog over to it and try to administer a decent zap of electricity.

As you see August and Vladimir get sucked into the ground, you decide a quick burst of electricity would be the thing to finish this thing off. But first, you have to avoid their own respective fates.

[Dexterity: 5-2]
[?, Dexterity: 7+?]

As you run forward, a huge tentacle bursts out of the ground, grabbing you and slamming your body deep into the ground! Oh my.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2017, 12:19:40 pm »

NOPE.

Disentangle myself from this stuff, and shoot out those appendages I mentioned earlier.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2017, 12:23:55 pm »

Release voltage all around me, to try to stun the being that is dragging me in. Attempt to wriggle away and out of the ground, then dash to the edge of the room.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2017, 12:25:23 pm »

Get to the heart. Tear apart anything in my way.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2017, 01:37:45 pm »

Don't be in the way of anyone fighting. Look small and unimportant.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33