Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Disasteroid [OOC] (Mission 2)  (Read 6769 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Disasteroid [OOC] (6/6 Players + Waitlist)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 12:38:06 am »

Bonus points if you caught the reference.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 12:59:37 am »

IN!

Making character sheet...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 01:07:48 am »

Name: Will Bill
Appearance: An ordinary-looking guy with some deep scars and creepy mounds of flesh dotted across his body.
Personal Information: An xenophile that accidentally let a "tame" horrifying entity from beyond reality destroy significant quantities of a space station. Unfortunately, he has to pay for the damages.
Stats:
INT: 5
WILL: 10
CHA: 5
All others: 0
Skills:
Alien Weapons: 3
Medicine: 1
Speech: 1
The Gift: 0
Credits: 8

Pm me when I get in.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 11:28:37 am »

I'm gonna make a wild guess and say you're referencing the poem Invictus by William Ernest Henly.

Will Bill waitlisted!

The IC Thead is up! Link
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 11:38:46 am »

Oh, and Rautherdir, I somehow missed that you have too many points put into skills. Cut the total number of skill points by 2 and you'll be a-o-good.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 03:06:42 pm »

I'm gonna make a wild guess and say you're referencing the poem Invictus by William Ernest Henly.
They've made a choral piece out of that poem, y'know. My choir actually got to sing that song while being conducted by its composer!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 07:55:12 pm »

Will Bill waitlisted!

The IC Thead is up! Link
Yes, but also the "Old Man" from Heinlein's book "The Puppet Masters"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [OOC] (Now Accepting New Characters!)
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 04:38:27 pm »

Sheet update time!

Name: Vladimir Golubev II
Appearance: Kinda tall (only kinda), with black hair, a sheriff mustache, and a black beret
Personal Information: He's the clone of one of the saviors of mankind, Vladimir "Nox" Golubev, the psionic sniper that killed more than half of the Ethereal's invading force. Genetically, he's Ukrainian.
Stats:
  Str: 3
  Dex: 8+2
  End: 4
  Int: 3
  Will:5
  Cha:2
Skills:
  Conv. Weapons: 4
  Ins: 2
The Gift: 0
Credits: 0
Equipment: Laser sniper rifle, Navy PDW, Spider Suit
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:42:57 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 04:39:32 pm »

Question, what is the credit pricing for the following objects: robot parts, engineering tools and portable variants, and a portable laser battery charger?
Edit: also, does turning in an item less than two credits value refund anything, or do we just lose the item?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 04:41:25 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 04:43:21 pm »

Question, what is the credit pricing for the following objects: robot parts, engineering tools and portable variants, and a portable laser battery charger?
Edit: also, does turning in an item less than two credits value refund anything, or do we just lose the item?

I'm gonna cover stuff like that in an update or two.

And in that situation you'd just lose that item. So I don't recommend turning in those items.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 06:03:13 pm »

I need to know them before I can post an updated sheet.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 06:11:36 pm »

I need to know them before I can post an updated sheet.

Hmm, let's go 2 credits for a simple-ish robotics kit, 5 for an advanced one. Both would contain some engineering tools. You'll have to design a laser charger yourself in engineering. Remember that you only get your equipment when you're on a mission.

Speaking of engineering, everyone still has the freedom to perform actions on the ship. I've got some stuff set up to pass the time while I set up missions. Such as building tools, a few NPCs, etc.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 07:34:37 pm »

Spoiler: Updated (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 08:06:30 pm »

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2017, 08:50:36 pm »

Sheet edited.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5