Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Disasteroid [OOC] (Mission 2)  (Read 6616 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Disasteroid [OOC] (Mission 2)
« on: July 12, 2017, 05:27:07 pm »

DISASTEROID

IC Thread

*Light jazz music plays in the background. A ridiculously chipper and upbeat voice begins speaking over the backdrop of a stylised M*

Hello, and welcome to the Marsarin Mining Corporation Exploration Corps, also known as the MMCEC! As you may know, you are here because of your outstanding debts to our partner company, the Marsarin Banking Corporation. In order to pay off what is owed to the Corporation, you have been put into indentured servitude as described under article XXVI-7 of the Loan Agreement, and you shall remain in the MMCEC until the Corporation has been reimbursed in full.

Please keep in mind title MCMXIV, which states that “indentured servitude will persist until the completion of 10 successful exploratory operations, or in death.” Do not fear, however! Statistics show that over 12.6359% of MMCEC workers do manage to complete their 10 operations, and are reintegrated into normal society! Thanks to modern medical technology, we are able to return employees to working status as long as we possess at least 65.2387% of undamaged brain tissue! Thus, we are able to guarantee long-term worker efficiency and continuation of vital functions for a maximum number of expeditions!

Now what is an exploration, you ask? In essence, the MMCEC sends you, the explorer, to a planetoid in order to recover an alien device, to scout out the area for items of interest, or any number of other objectives! We are proud to announce that of last quarter, we have managed to reduce worker mortality rates by almost 3.2598%! This is due to our new Credit system; employees may now purchase tools from the MMCEC armory for their missions using company credits. Tools may be traded in after missions for credits, and all recovered items from expeditions may be rewarded with extra credits! As a welcome from the MMCEC, each new employee is given 8 credits to begin with.

And again, welcome to the MMCEC! We hope you enjoy your stay!

*The music fades as the tape cuts to black*

Spoiler: WTF is this (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Physical Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Gift (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:06:02 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid: Preparing for Mission 1! (Players Needed)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 05:31:03 pm »

Armory:

All weapons come with 1 clip of ammo for free. After that, you'll have to buy additional clips/batteries/fuel cells/others. Prices and items available are subject to change.

The format for items is as follows:

Name (Cost in Tokens): Description
Ammo: Name. Clip Size. Cost in Tokens. (If Applicable)
Stat Restrictions (If Applicable)

Spoiler: Conventional Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unconventional Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alien Weapons (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 01:48:16 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [OOC] (0/6 Players In!)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 05:54:02 pm »

Frag yes XCOM
But this should be in the RTD area, not Forum Games and Roleplaying.

Anyway:

Name: Vladimir Golubev II
Appearance: Kinda tall (only kinda), with black hair, a sheriff mustache, and a black beret
Personal Information: He's the clone of one of the saviors of mankind, Vladimir "Nox" Golubev, the psionic sniper that killed more than half of the Ethereal's invading force. Genetically, he's Ukrainian.
Stats:
  Str: 2
  Dex: 8
  End: 3
  Int: 3
  Will:3
  Cha:1
Skills:
  Conv. Weapons: 4
  Ins: 1
The Gift: 0
Credits: 8 3, and a laser sniper rifle and a T.A. suit (I want that spider suit)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:01:42 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [OOC] (0/6 Players)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 06:35:02 pm »

Move this to the RTD section, please.

Now then. Less complicated Einsteinian Roulette? I'm in!

Name: Doctor Darwin
Appearance: Broad, short man with brown hair, glasses, a beard, and a large scar across his left cheek.
Personal Information: He doesn't actually owe anything to the Marsarin Banking Corporation, he volunteered to join the MMCEC in order to gain writing material for an upcoming book. Maybe this time it'll actually sell and he can finally stop working as a doctor. That said, just because he volunteered doesn't mean he is treated any differently.
Stats:
- Str: 3
- Dexterity: 4
- Endurance: 4
- Intelligence: 5
- Will: 4
- Charisma: 0
Skills:
- Medicine: 3
- Mechanics: 1
- Alien Weapons: 1
Credits: 0
Inventory:
- T.A. Armor
- Advanced Medkit
- Vibroknife
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:40:39 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 06:36:58 pm »

Oh shit, whoops. Moving thread now.

Anyway, Vladimir and Dr. Darwin are in!

Frag yes XCOM

Anyway:

Appearance: Kinda tall (only kinda), with black hair, a sheriff mustache, and a black beret
Personal Information: He's the clone of one of the saviors of mankind, Vladimir "Nox" Golubev, the psionic sniper that killed more than half of the Ethereal's invading force. Genetically, he's Ukrainian.
Stats:
Skills:
Credits: 8 3, and a laser sniper rifle.

I said I'm ripping off XCOM, not that it's in the XCOM universe. That being said, you can still totally make Vlad a clone of the savior of humankind. Just not from the Ethereals. :-\
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:47:29 pm by DolosusDoleus »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [OOC] (2/6 Players)
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 06:39:36 pm »

Name: Juniper

Appearance: Slender, with a slightly chubby face. She stands a little over the average height. Her brown hair falls over head in waves, usually masking her green eyes.

Personal Information: Juniper is terrible with her money. She knows she can't afford items, yet she splurges nightly, and buys them anyways. That practice ended up bringing her here.

Stats:
STR - 1
DEX - 1
END - 2
INT - 5
WIL - 8
CHR - 3

Skills:
Medicine - 1
Speech - 1
Alien Weapons - 3

Inventory:
T.A Suit
Alien Symbiote
pAI
Observer (2)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:51:42 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 06:52:31 pm »

Oh shit, whoops. Moving thread now.

Anyway, Vladimir and Dr. Darwin are in!

Frag yes XCOM

Anyway:

Stats:
Skills:
Credits: 8 3, and a laser sniper rifle.

I said I'm ripping off XCOM, not that it's in the XCOM universe. That being said, you can still totally make Vlad a clone of the savior of humankind. Just not from the Ethereals. :-\
But he is a clone of the savior of mankind from the Ethereals. Nox was my best unit.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 06:56:36 pm »

Name: Juniper

Appearance: Slender, with a slightly chubby face. She stands a little over the average height. Her brown hair falls over head in waves, usually masking her green eyes.

Personal Information: Juniper is terrible with her money. She knows she can't afford items, yet she splurges nightly, and buys them anyways. That practice ended up bringing her here.

Stats:
STR - 1
DEX - 1
END - 2
INT - 5
WIL - 8
CHR - 3

Skills:
Medicine - 1
Speech - 1
Alien Weapons - 3

Inventory:
T.A Suit
Alien Symbiote
pAI
Observer (2)

Ye be in

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 07:03:32 pm »

pAI
You don't need a pAI. I do math competition.
[does a superhero pose]

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [OOC] (3/6 Players)
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 07:34:55 pm »

In. Don't have time to make a full sheet yet though.

Spoiler: Updated (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:49:02 pm by Rautherdir »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 08:10:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:50:09 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 08:31:07 pm »

RESERVE. If not allowed, then that's ok.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 08:50:20 pm »

RESERVE. If not allowed, then that's ok.

If someone else posts a character sheet first, you'll go in the waitlist.

August and Doc are in.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Disasteroid [OOC] (5/6 Players)
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 09:19:55 pm »

Oh HO! My old Spymaster told me there were plots afoot.

Name: INVICTUS
Appearance: An old man, though his age is hard to guess. Maybe 60 and aged far beyond his years by a life of hardship? Maybe 90 and strangely preserved. His head is bald and resembles a fleshy globe with liverspot continents. His Brows are huge silver caterpillars that hang on his jutting brow over sunken eyes. His eyes are twinkling black marbles, his face a leather moonscape, all crag and crevice and crater. He is bent and walks with a limp, and his only truly distinguishing feature is his long, but well kept, beard.

Personal Information: INVICTUS is not a terribly smart man. Nor a terribly strong one. Or fast. He's really not sturdy and about as personable as a rock with a picture of space hitler taped to it. But his will is made of iron and his age has imbued him with a canny sort of insight. He has a murky past and says only that he's looking for alien tech. He Grins like the devil. Also spends most of the time naked, if able. Won't say why.

Stats:
STR - 3
DEX - 3
END - 0
INT - 3
WIL - 12
CHR - 0

Skills
Alien Weapons 2
Insight 3

Inventory:
Adaptive Rod (He uses it as a cane)
TA Armor
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:55:18 pm by piecewise »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [OOC] (5/6 Players)
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 10:22:32 pm »

INVICTUS is in!

That makes 6 players folks! IC thread coming up soon, probably tomorrow because I'm tired and want to go to sleep.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5