Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: The Unfamiliar Year of 1940: Strategy thread!  (Read 13005 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Unfamiliar Year of 1940: Strategy thread!
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2017, 11:59:56 pm »

Turkey accepts Spain's non-aggression pact.

EvictedSaint, you are living up to your name.

InB4 everyone ends up in a defensive alliance/non-aggression pact network/web with everyone else and no war happens for the entire game.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2017, 12:05:07 am »

Non-Aggression Pacts
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Exchange Pacts

Defensive Alliance Pacts

Please let me know if any of this information is incorrect, guys.

Just think, if you guys conquer me, who will keep the list updated?!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2017, 03:33:39 am »

Pretty sure I have an older exchange pact with Germany (I agreed to one anyway) which renders the pact with Czechoslovakia null due to exceeding the limit.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2017, 03:54:26 am »

Pretty sure I have an older exchange pact with Germany (I agreed to one anyway) which renders the pact with Czechoslovakia null due to exceeding the limit.

I think unless you formally accepted the exchange pact with Russia in this thread then the Czecho-Italian pact can stand? I can't see formal acceptance in this tread.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2017, 04:11:22 am »

I have slightly edited the list to include only pacts for which I can see clear agreement on both sides in thread.

I'm not including non-aggression pacts which have been surpassed by an exchange pact or alliance, sorry.

Italy has unclear exchange pacts with Czechoslovakia or Russia. Turkey says it has two exchange pacts but I can't find who has agreed them other than Romania.

If a pact isn't listed, if you quote both sides of the agreement, I'll edit it in. But not till this evening.

Non-Aggression Pacts

Exchange Pacts

Defensive Alliance Pacts
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:13:33 am by lawastooshort »

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2017, 07:33:29 am »

On page one of this thread Tyrant Leviathan (Germany) made a post suggesting the were offering a research pact, as they didn't mention any country and mentioned instead their NAPs I assumed that was an offer to me (Italy) and Russia. If its not valid then I have the pacts with Russia and Czechoslovakia instead.

However I won't accept the defensive alliance with Czechoslovakia as neither party can actually assist the other in a war at this time.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2017, 12:08:57 pm »

By default, wouldn't an exchange/alliance pact cover the non aggression pact?  Thats why i had so many non aggression pacts listed

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 12:19:19 am »

I am excited for this to start

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 11:03:34 am »

Edited list including only clearly accepted treaties.

I'm not including non-aggression pacts which have been surpassed by an exchange pact or alliance, sorry for the inconvenience.

Turkey says it has two exchange pacts but I can't find who has agreed them other than Romania.

Non-Aggression Pacts

Exchange Pacts

Defensive Alliance Pacts

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 02:41:37 pm »

This is Richard Dawnson of BBC Radio, with the summary report of the 10th Grand Council of the League of Nations.

Germany has failed to secure enoguh military pacts with its neighbours. Outsiders to the politics of the Chancellor Hitler believe that it might be a sign of a war coming, but others believe that it might be the fright of foreign powers toward the influence of the Nazi Party.

Kingdom of Denmark has been prolific on the diplomatic scene despite its smaller power status. It has secured numerous alliances with stronger neighbours, except Germany, and the exchange pacts will ensure a growth spurt for its academic and military infrastructure.

Similar to Denmark, the Spanish State also managed to profit from the meeting, and obtained close ties with its powerful neighbours, France and the United Kingdom, as well as a closer bond with the Kingdom of Denmark.

In surprising move, Republic of Finland has finally buried the feud with its decades-long enemy, the Soviet Union, and the two nations formed a strong diplomatic bond with exchange of industrial resources and even agreement for shared training exercises along the coast of the Gulf of Bothnia.

In a change to its usual isolationist policy, Turkish Republic signed a cooperative alliance with the British, and opened its markets for the Romanian goods and academics, with Romanians reciprocating the gesture.

But the greatest victor on the international scene is the United Kingdom, with the dignitaries sent by Prime Minister Churchill securing numerous alliances and treaties with many of the continental powers, like Soviet Union, Third French Republic or the Spanish State. Many believe that this web of alliances is to ensure that anyone attempting an aggressive move against the Kingdom might trigger an unwelcome and dangerous domino effect, or even spark a conflict comparable to the Great War of the 1910s.

This concludes the report on the 10th Grand Council of the League of Nations. It was brought to you by Richard Dawnson of BBC Radio, and now, dear listeners, please enjoy some Mozart.

January 1940 (Turn 1)

Denmark&Iceland->Greece

Code: (STATUS TABLE) [Select]

Nation               #Provinces  #Armies  Max Armies  PI/Turn RP/Turn Current
Denmark&Iceland      2           5+1      4+2         3       1+4     none (0/0)
Greece               2           3+1      4           3       1       none (0/0)
Romania              2           4        6+1         3       1+2     none (0/0)
Yugoslavia           2           4        4           3       1       none (0/0)
Czechoslovakia       2           4        4+1         3       5+2     none (0/0)
Finland              2           4        4+2         3       5+4     none (0/0)
Sweden               2           3+1      4           3       1       none (0/0)
Turkey               4           5+1      7+1         4       9+2     none (0/0)
Spain                6           5+2      8+2         4       8+4     none (0/0)
Germany              7           8+2      10+1        4       8+2     none (0/0)
Italy                10          6+3      12+2        4       8+4     none (0/0)
United Kingdom       8           6+4      12+2        4       5+4     none (0/0)
France               11          7+3      13+2        4       9+4     none (0/0)
Soviet Union         12          12+2     16+2        4       8+4     none (0/0)

POPULOUS:

Kiev (#20): Soviet Union
Stalingrad (#22): Soviet Union
Izmir (#26): Turkey
Transylvania (#39): Romania
Poland (#43): INDEPENDENT
Bavaria (#49): Germany
North Germany (#50): Germany
Milan (#61): Italy
Seville (#76): Spain
Morocco (#77): France
Alexandria (#84): United Kingdom
Leningrad (#87): Soviet Union

Code: (DIPLOMATIC CHARTER) [Select]
DIPLOMACY:

Denmark&Iceland:
Wars:
Alliances: United Kingdom, Spain, France
Exchanges: United Kingdom, France

Greece:
Wars:
Alliances:
Exchanges:

Romania:
Wars:
Alliances:
Exchanges: Turkey

Yugoslavia:
Wars:
Alliances:
Exchanges:

Czechoslovakia:
Wars:
Alliances:
Exchanges: Finland

Finland:
Wars:
Alliances: Soviet Union
Exchanges: Czechoslovakia, Soviet Union

Sweden:
Wars:
Alliances:
Exchanges:

Turkey:
Wars:
Alliances: United Kingdom
Exchanges: Romania

Spain:
Wars:
Alliances: United Kingdom, Denmark&Iceland, France
Exchanges: United Kingdom, France

Germany:
Wars:
Alliances:
Exchanges: Italy

Italy:
Wars:
Alliances:
Exchanges: Germany, Soviet Union

United Kingdom:
Wars:
Alliances: Denmark&Iceland, France, Spain, Soviet Union, Turkey
Exchanges: Spain, Denmark&Iceland

France:
Wars:
Alliances: United Kingdom, Spain, Denmark&Iceland
Exchanges: Denmark, Spain

Soviet Union:
Wars:
Alliances: United Kingdom, Finland
Exchanges: Finland, Italy
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:48:01 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2017, 03:19:50 pm »

The Italian people rejoice at the dawn of a new year, a year of promise and change.
(and no I'm not hiding anything this turn anyway)
Spoiler: Edited as sortof blank (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:26:46 pm by Khan Boyzitbig »

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2017, 06:42:22 pm »

Okay, I'm just trying to get an understanding of the rules, because some things are vague or just not stated.

Do airfields have bombers and fighters automatically?  Do you have to build fighters and bombers?  Can fighters and bombers be used to attack ships or troops?  Do railroads in enemy territories allow you to move your units from far away into that territory for the third part of their train movement?  Do armies just spawn randomly at HQ's?  Can allies be stationed in your territory or do they have to pass through?  Can you declare a war/alliance at any time, and if you can what happens to units stationed in a territory with now-enemy units?  Does that combat occur immediately?  Can you build a fleet and move it in the same turn?  Are alliances binding or can they be broken at any time?  Is the order of combat always going to be fixed, or does it change based on whoever has the most territory each month?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2017, 07:08:28 pm »

: Blink: Fucking dog watching ate my time and not used to this. Stuff going to be interesting.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2017, 12:57:35 am »

Euuugh...whatever.

I declare war on Sweden.
I propose a Non-Aggression Pact to Germany.

Begin research on long-range aircraft.

Bomb territory 7 from territory 51
Move 3 armies from territory 51 into territory 7 with air support.
Convert 1 army in territory 1 to a navy, spawn into Norwegian Sea.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:40:27 pm by evictedSaint »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2017, 02:50:19 pm »

Accept non aggression pact. And looking to tech tree for research. And I want to build another academy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10