Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Unfamiliar Year of 1940: League of Nations thread!  (Read 7786 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: The Unfamiliar Year of 1940: League of Nations thread!
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2017, 12:10:37 am »

I've tried negotiating with Finland, but they never responded to me.  I don't want to fight, I just wanted to sit in my little corner of the map and not get knocked out of the game immediately.

It's fine that Finland took North Sweden, I guess?  I was willing to give it to them anyways to negotiate for an alliance (again, they never bothered to reply to my pm's so that never happened).  It worries me that they're building up on the border between us - I asked Russia if they were willing to condemn their allies unprovoked attack and lack of negotiations, but they've supported their expansionistic tendencies instead : (

The fact that Russia wants to also put troops on that border doesn't mean they're peacekeeping, it means they're preparing to destroy my tiny, harmless, technologically-incapable monarchy.  This is pretty...disappointing, honestly.  Again, I never wanted to fight Finland - I still don't want to fight my neighbors.  I don't think Finland and Russia are willing to let me live, though, but I'm still willing to give peace a chance... I just don't want to get destoyed turn 2 in my very first game because I rolled well enough that Finland never had to do a combat roll : (

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2017, 02:45:11 am »

I can agree to a cease fire and to move my forces back from the mutual border, leaving only a single unit there.

I have to apologize about not responding to your messages, I could not really think of a way to respond to be honest.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2017, 03:40:41 am »

The Soviet Union wishes to make it clear that they were not asked by Denmark to condemn Finland's actions, but instead to attack Helsinki whilst it was weakly defended! The reply may have been a little... harsh as a result, for which the Soviet ambassador apologizes.

In any case, the Soviet Union has no designs on Denmark and Iceland, and will not deploy peacekeepers in Sweden if this would just further aggravate tensions.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2017, 07:46:23 am »

The Soviet Union wishes to make it clear that they were not asked by Denmark to condemn Finland's actions, but instead to attack Helsinki whilst it was weakly defended!

Haha...yeah...sorry about that.  I was panicking a little when I sent that -_-

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2017, 06:37:36 pm »

I am announcing my intention to take territory 6 on my turn, next round.

I would appreciate it if the Soviet Union wouldn't take it on their turn, I just want some place to build a research center because Monarchies suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck so much.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2017, 03:26:46 am »

Just make sure they do :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2017, 06:13:06 am »

I am announcing my intention to take territory 6 on my turn, next round.

Given the currently rather high tensions between Finland and Denmark, and the military advantage control of 6 would bring, it'd probably be best if either the Soviet Union or the United Kingdom took control of Norway for the time being (preferably me since it borders Soviet and Finnish home territories). I'd be willing to not build any military structures there, and of course the UK are invited to station soldiers there as well.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2017, 09:41:11 am »

Considering I'd be bordering two hostile nations and you both have other avenues to expand, I feel like that is an attempt to deliberately keep me small and useless.  What, I can't expand into neutral territory without being attacked?  : (
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:52:03 am by evictedSaint »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2017, 02:55:24 pm »

I feel the need to note that Denmark would border the USSR anyway if it took Norway as well, and have a far longer and less defensible border with Finland to boot.
In any case, if it means that much to you, I would be willing to leave #6 to Denmark, or preferably our mutual ally Britain, provided again that no military infrastructure would be built there and that military deployments were minimal.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2017, 03:02:11 pm »

I am sure Brittain has much more on their plate then sitting around in the cold of Norway.

How about we just bury the hatchet and Denmark can take Norway?  I will withdraw most of my troops away from the border.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2017, 03:23:37 pm »

Great Britain is willing to occupy and not develop Norway; we'll be guided by Denmark's wishes since Finland is being so reasonable. If clear instruction is not received by our turn we'll occupy it.

We would like to thank all sides involved for helping this flashpoint reach a sensible and hopefully lasting peaceful solution.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2017, 06:45:48 am »

The Greek government denounces France in the light of the unprovoked assault!

Greece offers exchange treaties to those who would be willing to fight the vile French!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2017, 01:54:06 pm »

The Soviet Union expresses sincere support for the brave nation of Greece but sadly lacks the ability to take any action at this time.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2017, 03:10:04 pm »

The United Kingdom expresses sincere regret at the senseless loss of life, and will consider urging its close ally France to seek a peaceful solution to this conflict.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2017, 03:12:30 pm »

Denmark sympathized with Greece, for we too know what it's like to be attcked out of the blue with no provocation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6