Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Unfamiliar Year of 1940: League of Nations thread!  (Read 7781 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: The Unfamiliar Year of 1940: League of Nations thread!
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2017, 05:15:41 pm »

Considering Britains failure to acquire Norway, I'd say it's fair for me to take it.  That would put me at 4 territories, and Finland would likewise be able to have 4 if they attack south on their turn.  This strikes me as fair, sonce Finland took a fully-developed territory from me and I'd be bordering three potentially hostile territories that could retaliate if my intentions are anything less than what I say.

I'll offer Finland a truce this turn, if this is agreeable.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2017, 09:29:47 pm »

I will agree to a truce, no need to get too attached to this little conflict.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2017, 02:03:39 am »

Greece offers exchange treaties to those who would be willing to fight the vile French!
France would be happy to stand down if Crete is surrendered to French Authority.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2017, 03:41:28 am »

Italy States it will protect mainland Greece, in exchange for access through Greek lands.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2017, 07:02:12 am »

The peace-loving United Kingdom would like to declare their increasing concern at the Armenian cross-border provocations, and indeed will grudgingly invade to bring them to a halt. Enough innocent subjects of the King have been inconvenienced, enough is enough!

The peace-loving United Kingdom would also like to declare their severe anxiety about the Dutch program of rearmament, which is clearly intended as a thread to our loyal allies the Danes. For the sake of peace, the British will reluctantly declare war. Enough is enough!

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2017, 08:20:05 pm »

Russia started as the biggest country in the game, and... uhhh... its just getting bigger. You guys saw it steamroll Romania, right? If you guys don't act now, it'll become too powerful to stop. How long do you think it'll keep its capital so exposed? How long until Russia takes out Finland, making it impossible to ever get to it?

It's in everyone's best interest to stop Russia before it's too late. I am proposing a military alliance with everyone (but Russia) in the strategy thread. I strongly encourage the rest of you to do the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2017, 10:49:20 pm »

Russia started as the biggest country in the game, and... uhhh... its just getting bigger. You guys saw it steamroll Romania, right? If you guys don't act now, it'll become too powerful to stop. How long do you think it'll keep its capital so exposed? How long until Russia takes out Finland, making it impossible to ever get to it?

It's in everyone's best interest to stop Russia before it's too late. I am proposing a military alliance with everyone (but Russia) in the strategy thread. I strongly encourage the rest of you to do the same.
Russia is only big looking because its lands are big looking :P Haspen does that kind of map balance. From a scaling small to big, left to right, as you can infer from looking at it like a panorama.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2017, 01:15:43 am »

Russia is only big looking because its lands are big looking :P Haspen does that kind of map balance. From a scaling small to big, left to right, as you can infer from looking at it like a panorama.
You're right. Russia is not as big as it looks. But when you compare its numbers to the others numbers, it totally comes out on top. And it's growing.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2017, 04:59:50 am »

Russia started as the biggest country in the game.

Correct, by one province.

... its just getting bigger.

So is Denmark and Iceland, the Republic of Finland, the Spanish State, the German Reich, the Kingdom of Italy, the United Kingdom and the Third French Republic.

If you guys don't act now, it'll become too powerful to stop... It's in everyone's best interest to stop Russia before it's too late... when you compare its numbers to the others numbers, it totally comes out on top.

As it is, any two major countries - or even just a major and a minor - could defeat me or, at the least (thanks to the advantage of defence), fight me to a draw, by those numbers. In any case, the alliance structure makes individual numbers far less relevent - the France-Spain-UK-Denmark bloc has a combined army limit of 50, 15 PI/turn, and 68 RP/turn across four projects in parallel, and it hasn't even made progress in Germany yet. Where is the call to break them apart before it's too late?

How long until Russia takes out Finland, making it impossible to ever get to it?
The Soviet Union is scandalized by the Czech claim that it would ever betray its close ally, and notes that there are far more assault routes into Russia than just through Finland. It publically reiterates that it will under no circumstances declare war on any of its allies.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2017, 06:47:05 am »

the France-Spain-UK-Denmark bloc has a combined army limit of 50, 15 PI/turn, and 68 RP/turn across four projects in parallel, and it hasn't even made progress in Germany yet. Where is the call to break them apart before it's too late?

Whoa, Right Honourable Soviet Gentleman! The North Atlantic Defense Scheme (or NADS, for short) is appalled at the merest hint of a suggestion that anyone has anything to fear from our defensive alliance! Unless they attack one of us, of course.

The United Kingdom also formally disapproves of any call to declare war on its ally the Soviet Union.

It would be preferable to find peaceful solutions to any disagreements, rather than senselessly waste the lives of our young.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2017, 03:40:11 pm »

Quote from: Finland, with love.
I wont defend this as anything other then shortsighted, traitorous greed.
Shortsighted is correct. Please be warned that should you continue with this course of action, the sole purpose of the continuing Soviet government will be to ensure that it costs you as much as possible. It is still not too late to change your mind.

Quote from: UK
The United Kingdom also formally disapproves of any call to declare war on its ally the Soviet Union.
The Soviet Union hopes that such disapproval will extend also to an actual declaration of war, as well as merely calling for one.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2017, 04:01:03 pm »

The United Kingdom regrets to inform the Finnish government that enough is enough. You have declared war one too many times on the United Kingdom's allies, and you have forced us to act. Great Britain will not be said to not keep its word, coute que coute, as our French allies might say.

The United Kingdom hereby declares war on the Finnish aggressors.

Furthermore:

The United Kingdom hereby announces a general call to all European nations: can't we all just be friends? You risk bringing fire and fury and stuff upon the entire continent! And for what? Power? Space for your people? Pride? Greed?! If we unite as one, limit our reproduction and control our use of the earth's resources, we can live in harmony for millennia! Good god sirs, take a second thought, I beg you. The path of war is naught but the path of destruction, death, and sorrow for our mothers left crying at home. Your mother crying! Your son hanging off the barbed wire! Your daughter crushed by the tumbling masonry of total war! Even the rich will suffer if this is the path we follow.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2017, 10:47:45 pm »

Furthermore:

The United Kingdom hereby announces a general call to all European nations: can't we all just be friends? You risk bringing fire and fury and stuff upon the entire continent! And for what? Power? Space for your people? Pride? Greed?! If we unite as one, limit our reproduction and control our use of the earth's resources, we can live in harmony for millennia! Good god sirs, take a second thought, I beg you. The path of war is naught but the path of destruction, death, and sorrow for our mothers left crying at home. Your mother crying! Your son hanging off the barbed wire! Your daughter crushed by the tumbling masonry of total war! Even the rich will suffer if this is the path we follow.
Spain agrees, having spread out their engineers all over their allies lands and providing provisional aid to them.

Also if anyone is curious, on that tangent of 'building in allies territories', it uses YOUR PI, but it also means that they can't build any PI in that territory until after your turn :P (remember the full turn cycle), so it also has its drawbacks.

I think Haspen should edit the OP with that though .-.; it's a thing I remembered from EoD in the past.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2017, 12:05:52 am »

Dude, if France is part of your peace love bloc I call bull as they just attempted to invade me. I am, not amus d.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2017, 12:56:16 am »

I shall discuss France's action and see if we can reach a peaceful solution.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6