Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fun To-Do list for next update  (Read 1726 times)

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fun To-Do list for next update
« on: July 11, 2017, 08:59:22 pm »

With news of the basic artifact quest system as well as the ability to send squads to other sites, I'm putting together a list of things to try.

-Give squad poisoned weapons, and send them on rescue missions.
--Build loot chamber, and collect enough human/elf/goblin children to start breeding them.
---Build seperate facilities for races, and routinely do !SCIENCE! with my elven population.

-Befriend goblins by giving them any artifact they demand, and start war with the elves AGAIN.
--(Dump artifact in magma when elves demand it)

-Train an army, send them raiding regularly, and keep the fortress on lockdown 'til they return.
--Sending surviving master axedwarfs with candy weapons to slay civ leaders one by one.

-Creating forcefield out of several speeding minecarts.

-Attempt to breach HFS using capitalism. (Lead coins for buckshot in minecart)

Anyone else have fun plans for how to exploit ... I mean "enjoy" the new content? (Or just in general?)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:20:12 am by asialsky »
Off defending the fortress from dragons with a tank, I'm sure.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fun To-Do list for next update
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 10:08:37 pm »

Where will you get poisoned weapons? Kobolds won't make them. Seems like this release won't make it much easier to make poisoned weapons.

Now, if Toady realises how much people love poisoned weapons and how kobold traps seem to bring them one step closer, then they might turn up during this release's qol update phase. That would be cool.

Personally looking forward to assigning preferred mounts to my civs. Ah, the glorious site of a hundred screaming hobbits riding ostriches as they swarm towards your weapon traps.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:11:44 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 03:37:51 am »

To get poisoned weapons, I can either use my modded materials, or use my old drawbridge FB trap with a weapon stockpile next to it.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 06:40:12 am »

Yes, sorry, you seemed to be implying that poisoned weapons were something you were excited about as part of the upcoming release (have seen others mistakenly mention it). Sure, poisoned weapons the regular way plus the new squads can only be fun!

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 08:23:26 am »

While adding the minecarts to my list, I had one question. Do we have damage numbers for elven children being fired from a minecart at terminal velocity?

Then I realized DF may have skewed my morals.

Then I realized I still wanted to know!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 01:10:44 pm »

Elven children are slightly smaller than dwarven children on average, (lack of strength), but I imagine you could "easily" run the tests with 1000 STR dwarven children. Perhaps against their mothers, to reunite them after being apart.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 09:21:33 am »

Cmon, it's just a game. Morals don't matter too much.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 02:48:41 pm »

Not too much, but there is at least adv. mode happy thought involved about being reunited with kidnapped child. And happy thoughts are the excuse we use to make waterfalls :v

Flintfakeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 05:11:03 pm »

I'm probably going to finally set up a troglodyte were beast breeding facility. I did it with gremlins but it vanished from my taming lists, gradually untamed and eventually ran head first into my war-dogs. Maybe even make a few vampire trogs by putting vampire blood on bolts.

Maybe some adventurers come by asking for an artifact I have in my trog pins. Maybe I lock them in. Maybe I wait till the after the full moon is over to let them out. Or, if I succeed with my vamp trogs, trigger a dust cave in to knock them out so the trogs can feed. Or maybe have a trog cage in my inn and anyone who passes out goes to my special "hospital" where they are promptly eaten by various supernatural beasties.

Definitely send out were creatures as ambassadors to my neighbors. Definitely see if I can make a vamp well and dunk mugs in it to give to my patrons.
Send out group to acquire the necronomicon. Put necronomicon in public library. Try to spread the word of Cthulhu to our troglodyte and troll brothers.
Make a crossbow dwarf vampire/necromancer with a masterwork copper crossbow and silver bolts & squee every time I get a notification about an incoming danger.

I also had an idea for a vampire butcher where you drop a wild animal in a hole inside the vampires lair and when the animal passes out the vampire drinks it to death then butchers it. Afterward the vamp would cook the food before dropping the food down a chute into the inn. Should the fort ever come under assault you could drop the vamp down the short chute and have them join the melee.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 10:11:34 pm »

I'm going to get a vampire-spreading well together, then trap a squad of dwarves with it with no access to alcohol, then let them loose atop cave dragons to raid enemies.

Make sure turkey bones are my only type of bones, and make sure every civilian idling does some bone carving, so when moods come along I can dispense turkey bone artifacts to all the surrounding nations.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

vvAve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 09:19:19 am »

I don't think contaminations are tracked outside your view.

n4m3l3ss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 10:40:36 am »

Definitely send out were creatures as ambassadors to my neighbors.

Sounds interesting. Try sending out a squad of werebeast dwarves right after they transform to beast mode.

I wanna know if this will make them unstoppable in their off-map missions. Maybe the game only remembers what they're like when you send them out.

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 12:02:45 pm »

Speaking of unstoppable, my mini mod "Alchemical Warfare" will probably keep the update interesting for a while. Exploding fire bolts, "Devil Ice" shortswords, and tanks. Yeah, I can probably take control of the whole world, unless I enable the other races to use this stuff.

Devil Ice = Very low fixed temp (like 9800°U). Requires thick gloves to not freeze to death.

Maybe the dirty elves will request that artifact Devil Ice low boot that killed three of my militia captains in a row before I forbid it.

EDIT: I'm fairly certain gobbos still use explosive material in their swords/armor due to a minor quirk, but who doesn't love exploding targets?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 12:05:59 pm by asialsky »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 02:43:17 pm »

If sending were-soldiers out, they would probably return naked.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 03:56:00 pm »

If sending were-soldiers out, they would probably return naked.
I wonder if you'll get the werebeast alert when they do come back? Best to ensure they don't I suppose.