Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Silicon Chip Cookie [SG/Quest]  (Read 4351 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Silicon Chip Cookie [SG]
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 06:40:00 am »

EDIT: Sorry, not sure why I threw a tantrum there.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:20:27 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Silicon Chip Cookie [SG]
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 02:33:38 pm »

You decide to try your hand against a VRcade deck. It was almost a rite of passage for deckers to try to hack them, but your first time was a couple of years ago. You got arrested. That was the crappy VRcade, even.

But this afternoon you're pretty confident that you can deal with the new VRcade. No doubt they knew their IT. But that didn't mean they could stand up against SCC.

Being wired to the Matrix does strange things to your mind. Cowboys use this to their advantage, transcending beyond mortal understanding just to make quick bucks. It was like being high, but worse. When you come off a hack's high, it was like getting lobotomized.

Your mind always tried to comprehend what happened. They adjust information into simpler, dreamlike symbols. This time, you remembered...

...A big city. Your city, but also not. Faceless entities were everywhere. You knew Japanese, and the signs and the speech informed you that was what was being spoken, but your eyes refused to understand and your ears refused to listen.

One faceless being ran up to you, its porcelain mask cracked. It grasped your hands desperately.

"あなたは赤い部屋が好きですか?"

[ ] "When all is dust. I will remain."
[ ] "Bring it on, then."
[ ] "Ê–NÑ%ñX·ˆ´'•:5†ÄX"
[ ] Shove her off
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
Re: Silicon Chip Cookie [SG/Quest]
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 04:49:02 pm »

[X] "Ê–NÑ%ñX·ˆ´'•:5†ÄX"

Damn kids and their spooky copy pasta themed IC.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 02:05:40 pm »

One of the reasons that hacking warps the jockey's ability to recall their operation is that, for whatever reasons, injection patterns cannot be remembered by the human mind. Well- a normal human's, anyways. It was also why there are "naturals" and there are normal cyber-jockeys. As much as cowboys like to treat it as something purely to do with intellect and skills (they factor a lot, but they're not all) there was something about one's capability to bury unknowable spell-like codes within their mind.

"Ê–NÑ%ñX·ˆ´'•:5†ÄX," you uttered, but the being simply fretted at you as a burly entity advanced upon you. That was the other thing. While corps can't economically adjust their code-pattern for all their factory models on release, when they and certain other groups need extra security, they hire a cyber-jockey like you to set up a new pattern. "Warding", it was called. This further complicates the hack, but you feared that the VRcade would do this already. You tried to analyze the response, trying to sense the signature of any cowboy you might know. But no- this one was new. That could be a good thing. New often meant inexperienced.

The burly entity yells at you and points at the entity with you.

Interesting. It's time to directly interface based on the response you have received.

[ ] Stand between Burly and Fret.
[ ] Push Fret towards Burly.
[ ] Run away.
[ ] Get into fighting stance.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 08:54:18 pm »

[X] Get into fighting stance.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 11:22:39 pm »

Wait, my post didn't go through ;~; It was on "[ ] "Bring it on, then.""

Ah well.

Get into a fighting stance.
Possibly one like those ol' fighting games where you also bounce around.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 01:18:32 pm »

In the real world, you wouldn't call yourself a very good fighter. Your body just wasn't trained to handle the physical execution. In the Matrix, it was a different matter. New dimensions of combat open up in a virtual avatar, and some factors disappear. Soup was better than you at both, but this was a hack and not a real virtual fight anyways.

Real virtual fight.... that hurts your head. And you're in a mind-bending hallucination.

You intercede on the behalf of the scared entity. The big entity swung at you with a right hook, but you dodged under it nimbly, jabbing it on the side. A ripple in the code radiated as you interfaced with it before it swung back and decked you in the face. You staggered back a little, wiping the blood from your face. It was unlikely that this thing was a black ICE, so you don't have to worry too much about injuries. You still have to worry about getting booted out of the system, however.

Learning from its movement, you danced around the entity. Others have taken notice and have formed a circle around you two. More parts of the ICE begin to fix its attention on you. It was risky, but you were cloaked enough to not be traced back, and the attention was what you had wanted.

[ ] Attack the onlookers and start chaos.
[ ] Pay attention on the big entity.
[ ] Something else (Write-in)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:54:14 pm by Cinder »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 01:36:52 pm »

(Clarify the third one?)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 02:53:35 pm »

It's a quest term for writing in something else. I'll edit to clarify it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 10:30:16 pm »

Write in usually means 'if you have a plan (at times, even influenced by my other choices), feel free to write it in! If you think you can think of an action within the timeframe of acting that would be better; please suggest it! It will be taken as the character's action if people get behind it'.

Like the action I'ma write now. :P

Pay attention on the big entity, and telegraph your moves for more audience appeal. Get injured by glancing blows, then fight back with your prowess.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 10:33:51 pm »

Write in usually means 'if you have a plan (at times, even influenced by my other choices), feel free to write it in! If you think you can think of an action within the timeframe of acting that would be better; please suggest it! It will be taken as the character's action if people get behind it'.

Like the action I'ma write now. :P

Pay attention on the big entity, and telegraph your moves for more audience appeal. Get injured by glancing blows, then fight back with your prowess.
And by injured, we mean feign injury.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 01:43:44 pm »

[X] Pay attention on the big entity, and telegraph your moves for more audience appeal. Get injured by glancing blows, then fight back with your prowess.

You put on a show for the audience. Whatever the hell that meant, since none of this was actually happening and you would likely be the only sentient being there. Maybe you were trying to inject your own code into the IC? You're not much for trying to decode the jumble that is your hack-memories.

You recalled that you let the entity 'think' it was one step ahead of you. You feigned injury as some blows glance off you. A few actually hurt, but executions can't always be perfect. The bruises weren't real, anyways.

The entity had seemed to have bought your acting. Lured into complacency, it has relaxed its guard, only to be pummelled by you. You left no breathing room as you counterattacked, resisting the urge to break character and just corrupt the thing. Your memories aren't reliable, but you were fairly sure that you did punch something.

The entity laid on the ground then, defeated. You had crouched down and traced a line on its stomach. The world froze as its body collapsed and the world began to make sense again.

Then you noticed that you now control the deck. That was a lot of work just for something so minor, but such was the lot of a cyber-jockey.

Where were you again? Oh right, the records. Actually dealing with the cameras' security was less impressive than the VRcade. You remembered the hack-memory for that had something to do with oceans. You hated oceans, even though you've never seen a real beach.

Whoever tampered with the data was vulnerable to you now, as you noted their address. The access point was currently offline, however, so if you wanted to know more you'd have to investigate the physical location yourself.

What an overkill, for a pair of shoes.

[ ] Who cares? Just report the location to your employer and get some moolah.
[ ] Cancel your plans, go investigate.
[ ] Try to convince Soup to go investigate with you. You can always use a friend who can beat up people.
[ ] You've done what you can for today. Have some fun with your friend and put this in the back of your mind.
[ ] Something else (Write-in)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2017, 07:57:03 am »

((My internets are all messy >_> and I've a whole day in being busy tomorrow))

Just report the location to your employer and report in with your friend!
Some stability first off, then we investigate later on when we have a better grasp of what's going on, I believe.
Pages: 1 [2]