Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Outpost Liaison, civ not dying  (Read 1282 times)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
No Outpost Liaison, civ not dying
« on: July 08, 2017, 06:14:17 pm »

I haven't had a liaison visit my fortress for a good couple of years, same with dwarven caravans, but according to Legends my civ is still thriving and the liaison is still alive. Is this a bug or is it something to do with my fortress itself? It's an unretired Metropolis with 220+ residents. I want to export the massive surplus of crafts I have to get my exported value up and get a duke/count/baron/monarch/whatever, and can't do that until I get some commerce my way :(

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Outpost Liaison, civ not dying
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 07:26:41 pm »

Liaison might be dead. Mountainhome might be under siege. There's bugs too.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 10:16:42 pm »

One bug is when he's arrived at your fort, but been trapped somewhere just off the map. He could also be being killed on the journey each time before he arrives.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 12:20:38 am »

Why not just offer stuff to the caravan to increase exported wealth or trade at a 10 to 1 ratio? This will get exported wealth up there.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

RocheLimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 02:12:51 am »

Sounds like the old missing caravan bug to me.

Give this script a try: (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159297.msg7257447#msg7257447).  Worked wonders for my 40.24 fort, which had been missing caravans and the liaison for decades.  I believe it still works for the latest version of DF.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 05:25:32 am »

I've checked in legends and even visited the Mountainhome in Adventure mode, hasn't been a seige there in almost a century and the liaison's fine, just pottering around the stockpiles and making light conversation.
I would offer stuff to the caravans but they've also gone AWOL. :(

I did also randomly get like twelve merchant dwarves turn up in my fortress while I was away working on another outpost, they've all petitioned to live there. Dunno if that's connected or not.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:29:11 am by comicraider »

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 02:54:49 pm »

There we go, liaison just randomly turned up with a caravan. Weird.

Unrelated, I just found out one of those random merchants who settled here was the liaison's husband. Small world, huh?