Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a guide  (Read 683 times)

joffree

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Looking for a guide
« on: July 05, 2017, 06:09:50 pm »

can anyone point me to a detailed guide oj how to mod in a new item and how to get it to be craftable? i just want to add in new cover and over layer boots and cloves but i cant seem to get them to be built in a new shop ITEM_SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_NEW
[NAME:shoe:shoes5]
[LAYER:cover]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:10]
[LAYER_PERMIT:150]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[METAL]
[HARD]
[LEATHER][BARRED]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD] i have this so far

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a guide
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 12:47:30 pm »

Welcome to the modding community :)

get them to be built in a new shop
So my question to you is; are you trying to get them built in a custom workshop of your own? This would require you to create a custom workshop and a custom reaction. Or do you just want them to be craft able in say, the clothier's workshop? In context it seems like you are trying just to get them to be craft able in any workshop like a normal piece of clothing. If this is incorrect let me know and I can help you.

Basically races (also known as "entities")are allowed to have race exclusive items, such as how humans have pikes and elves have bows. So in addition to creating the item -which you have done-, you also need to tell the entities that they are allowed to use the item.

• Open up your entity_default.txt file in the raws folder.**
  • ctrl +f and search for 'shoes'
  • you should see other things around it like ARMOR PANTS GLOVES and the like
  • simply copy one of the SHOES:#:COMMON tags and replace # with the item name that you created in this case:
       [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_NEW:COMMON]

Also, to note brackets are important and the code you posted is missing some brackets. The first line should be
[ITEM_SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_NEW]

** entity default has a list of all the available races in the game, if you wanted humans to use this article of clothing you will have to look for the human entity (ENTITY:PLAINS) however since the dwarven entity is the first entity on the list searching should get you into the right spot.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

joffree

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 01:31:11 pm »

thank you very much! and just to make sure im not making an error here, i copy all of these text files into the raw of my save file correct?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 04:06:45 pm »

You must generate a new world for changes in the entity file to take effect.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!