Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.  (Read 53421 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.
« Reply #330 on: October 11, 2017, 02:46:30 pm »

Here you go.

The problem with letting it burn is it will eventually get to the machinery I built in the tree farm.

I might just savescum, but I won't if y'all don't want me to.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 11, 2017, 02:59:49 pm »

Here you go.

The problem with letting it burn is it will eventually get to the machinery I built in the tree farm.

I might just savescum, but I won't if y'all don't want me to.

Nah, let it happen. Really, the only thing I'm worried about is the animals, and even then we probably needed to cull their numbers anyway, just not with fire.

And I'll be honest if you don't want your machinery to burn build it out of non-flammable stuff in non-flammable places :P

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 11, 2017, 04:04:53 pm »

Axles have to be made out of wood, and the surface of the tree farm was the most readily available place to build the conduit.

Culling with fire is the best kind of culling.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 11, 2017, 04:06:06 pm »

Axles have to be made out of wood, and the surface of the tree farm was the most readily available place to build the conduit.

Ah. I haven't often experimented with them, so forgive my ignorance in this regard.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 11, 2017, 04:37:31 pm »

Currently the number of fire deaths is up to around 10, all of which are animals.

The encroaching wall of fire has reached my machinery and set fire to at least one axle. I've never actually seen a building on fire before -- red, orange, and yellow tiles flash along its length. It's actually pretty cool.

Fire has also started to lick at the trees and some leaves are burning already. I'm waiting for the cave-in spam to come in any second now.

EDIT: Yup, all my axles are gone now. Some gears collapsed too for.... reasons? The tree farm has been completely reduced to a bloody firepit now. Gonna take ages to get all the saplings back.

EDIT 2: And now I get a fucking weregecko.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:51:38 pm by bloop_bleep »

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 11, 2017, 06:15:45 pm »

EDIT 2: And now I get a fucking weregecko.

It could be worse, I guess? It could be a wererhino or wereboar.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 11, 2017, 06:42:47 pm »

I killed it with 3 deaths and severe wounds to a dwarf who's probably been bitten. I hope he dies, because I'm in no mood to deal with this shit.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 11, 2017, 07:52:44 pm »

I killed it with 3 deaths and severe wounds to a dwarf who's probably been bitten. I hope he dies, because I'm in no mood to deal with this shit.

Uh oh. For starters: lock him in a room, alone, and never let him out.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 11, 2017, 07:53:03 pm »

I was going to suggest deconstruct the axle-supporter below or above, but seems like you already had that happen on its own.

I take it the surface is in active use from the weregecko?

@Derpy_Dev: Yeah, making it fireproof would have been possible by using stone mechanisms instead of axles at the cost of more power and labour consumed (or 1-tile obsidian casting, or nethercap axles), but inside of fortress is normally supposed to be safe and not on fire, so why brother?

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 11, 2017, 08:16:06 pm »

I killed it with 3 deaths and severe wounds to a dwarf who's probably been bitten.

Is it at all possible to sacrifice feed him to Ludosm? If not, quarantine him now.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 12, 2017, 04:12:29 pm »

Get Pikachu17 bitten by a were-gecko, then lock him in a room with all his family members.
After going back to his regular form, he should be sad from all the dead relatives.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 12, 2017, 05:05:30 pm »

Get Pikachu17 bitten by a were-gecko, then lock him in a room with all his family members.
After going back to his regular form, he should be sad from all the dead relatives.

Many thanks for the advice on how to make you go insane.
I shall take it into consideration.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 12, 2017, 05:48:19 pm »

Many thanks for the advice on how to make you go insane.
I shall take it into consideration.
What am I here for, other than helping other people make me crazy?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:03:15 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 12, 2017, 06:02:29 pm »

Warning: If you do get pikachu17 bitten by a werebeast, make sure you strip him naked. Otherwise, he may to become ecstatic from putting on nice things.

Killing family members is not the real prize, especially as he gets happy thoughts from talking to them before. The real prize is being haunted by them, provided he doesn't care about that or anything anymore.

You could try old girlinhat strat of assign war animal and butcher as well.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 12, 2017, 06:27:54 pm »

Warning: If you do get pikachu17 bitten by a werebeast, make sure you strip him naked. Otherwise, he may to become ecstatic from putting on nice things.

Killing family members is not the real prize, especially as he gets happy thoughts from talking to them before. The real prize is being haunted by them, provided he doesn't care about that or anything anymore.

You could try old girlinhat strat of assign war animal and butcher as well.
He's already stark naked, presumably for extra bad thoughts. Though he seems to have gotten used to it, because his screen has a whole bunch of "he felt nothing to be uncovered".

As for the weregecko -- I went away from the game for some time, and so I forgot to note down the name of the possibly infected dwarf when I came back..... I'm sure it'll be fiiiiiine.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27