Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.  (Read 54616 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Iggalfamthut "Traphorses", a community game without forges.
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2017, 06:10:31 pm »

I'd give it at least five years minimum before this would drive Pikachu17 insane, with something like 6/7 chance for him to become happier with time instead of sadder.
First off, why are you trying to make me crazy?
Second, if adult dwarves act similarly to Dwarven children, just put me in an empty room with no food, no drink, and no exit. If I'm close to death from hunger or thirst, put some food or water in the room, then block the room again. Eventually, I should go crazy from lack of food, ETC.
Also, why am I helping you make me insane?

Oh, and I'm taking a turn to return the favor. I may not be able to make you more crazy, but you will wish I had.

There are experiments that have been done that suggest a dwarf that throws a tantrum will knock over temple statues and become a vampire. Basically you're a test subject.

Also, welcome aboard!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2017, 07:47:44 pm »

@pikachu17: Yeah, perhaps (haven't tested, but seems like that has no good thoughts). Current setup has a temple to pray at and statue to admire, though.

One could use unassign bedroom and lock the dwarf into a burrow with food/drink just outside - they'll leave the burrow when starving/dehydrating, but not before. Avoids risk of "oops, corpse".

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2017, 08:04:24 pm »

I really want to join this, it seems really fun! Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the file depot to work for me, so I wouldn't be able to give you guys the save.  :'( For now, PTW, I guess. Can't wait to see what happens.  :D

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2017, 10:17:10 pm »

I really want to join this, it seems really fun! Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the file depot to work for me, so I wouldn't be able to give you guys the save.  :'( For now, PTW, I guess. Can't wait to see what happens.  :D

Hmm... what do you mean you can't get it to work? Having trouble uploading or something else?

I had a horrible dream last night... I dreamt I fell five stories down into my own temple and got injured, and then got death glares from Doctor Sock... not sure what his problem is.

The dream did give me a flash of inspiration though. Five Z-levels above the temple and directly over the food supply of Pikachu is a pit that I will dump animals into. Directly underneath this pit are two upright copper spears that will impale the creatures when they land. They'll die, they'll rot, and they'll drive Pikachu crazy that much quicker.

Uh oh, that didn't work at all; I think its body got atom smashed when it hit the spikes because the creeping eye completely vanished upon hitting the ground. Time to throw in another!

Again, the creeping eye just completely disintegrates upon hitting the ground, leaving nothing to rot. Let's throw in one of the crundles this time, maybe that'll give better results.

Crundles are the other end of the spectrum. First off, the spears almost never hit them. Second, the two crundles I've thrown down haven't died, they just get badly bruised at the bottom and/or have a few limbs explode into gore. No casualties yet.

So I've thrown this crundle in the pit twice now, but she keeps crawling out so I've thrown her in a third time. Why won't she just die already? Fourth times a charm.

And finally, after being thrown into the pit five different times, a crundle dies... and vanishes from existence. Maybe I'm just going crazy and there's a pile of dead bodies down here, but to me it looks like they're being disintegrated. We gotta find a different way to make Pikachu go insane.

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2017, 10:23:51 pm »

Hmm... what do you mean you can't get it to work? Having trouble uploading or something else?

It wouldn't let me log in. I assumed it was just me being an idiot and forgetting my password, so I changed my password. I never got any email back with the new password, so now I'm kind of stuck.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2017, 10:29:08 pm »

It wouldn't let me log in. I assumed it was just me being an idiot and forgetting my password, so I changed my password. I never got any email back with the new password, so now I'm kind of stuck.

That's problematic to say the least. Wish I could help you there.

You can upload DF world files onto Google Drive though, so that's a possibility.

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2017, 10:47:02 pm »

You can upload DF world files onto Google Drive though, so that's a possibility.
Alright, I think I've got Google Drive set up. I've got to go right now, but I'll be back on tomorrow.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2017, 10:48:15 pm »

Alright, I think I've got Google Drive set up. I've got to go right now, but I'll be back on tomorrow.

I'll put you on the list now, I guess we're no longer holding Zazq's spot...

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2017, 11:07:55 pm »

Why don't you just have the military kill crundles and dump the corpses next to pikachu?
If that isn't possible(which I thought it was but I haven't tried it in a while) you could also try removing the spikes, I think the bodies may be getting stuck inside the spikes.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2017, 08:44:38 am »

Why don't you just have the military kill crundles and dump the corpses next to pikachu?
If that isn't possible(which I thought it was but I haven't tried it in a while) you could also try removing the spikes, I think the bodies may be getting stuck inside the spikes.

Well they're our crundles.

Also I'll dismantle the spikes and see if the corpses are there.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2017, 08:49:56 am »

You could also hover the traps with 't' beforehand?

Myself, I never got the activation email so while I can log in I can't upload. Thus I use mega (though gwolfski complains about not using dffd).

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2017, 09:16:46 am »

You could also hover the traps with 't' beforehand?

I love this community because nobody questions me impaling random animals in the temple of the justice god.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2017, 12:28:46 pm »

Well, Vlad the impaler was a judge, amongst other things.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2017, 12:53:50 pm »

Well, Vlad the impaler was a judge, amongst other things.

Presumably, he was a judge and an impaler.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2017, 02:45:05 pm »

Impaling animals is fun!
IN DWARF FORTRESS, anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27