Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: The Unfamiliar Year of 1940: OOC Thread: GAME HAS BEGUN (1 slot open)  (Read 10141 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Also, please remember that 'all diplomacy' you conduct during you Turn includes war declarations, otherwise they won't be valid v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Also a reply to evictedSaint's questions which are in wrong thread ;v

Do airfields have bombers and fighters automatically?  Do you have to build fighters and bombers?  Can fighters and bombers be used to attack ships or troops?  Do railroads in enemy territories allow you to move your units from far away into that territory for the third part of their train movement?  Do armies just spawn randomly at HQ's?  Can allies be stationed in your territory or do they have to pass through?  Can you declare a war/alliance at any time, and if you can what happens to units stationed in a territory with now-enemy units?  Does that combat occur immediately?  Can you build a fleet and move it in the same turn?  Are alliances binding or can they be broken at any time?  Is the order of combat always going to be fixed, or does it change based on whoever has the most territory each month?

Yes.
No.
Fighters provide +1/+1 bonuses to your units, that's all.
Yes.
Yes, with Capital and lands surrounding it taking priority.
They can be stationed.
Your Turn only and Alliances are made official only with start of new Turn.
Yes, with units in their nation's territory as counted as Defenders.
No, it remains docked at the province till next Turn.
Alliances are as binding as the players decide to.
No, the order of playing is fixed.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

yay triplepost

Congratz, evictedSaint, this is the fastest knockout in any of these games I believe ;v
SigFlags!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

The Swedes clearly wanted to be embraced in the warm and hairy viking bosom.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

That had about a 7% chance of happening, and about a 3% of happening with no casualties.  I'm shocked.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile

Congrats on doubling your size on turn one.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that was an interesting turn of events; it even answered one of my questions, the others being:
- Can rail movement take place across water crossings and mountain passes?
- For the HQ attack bonus, do the attacking armies have to begin the turn in a province with an HQ, or move through one as the last friendly province before the target?
- How far can fleets move, one sea region or two?
- When trading provinces, they are transferred once free of the previous owner's armies. Does this also apply when both nations involved share a military pact?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

-No, they both take full turns.
-It must be the last province they pass through.
-One sea region per Turn.
-An interesting question which never came up before :V Let's keep it consistent, though, and say 'yes'.
SigFlags!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

VoidSlayer wake up, it's your turn and I'm having a soft limit of 24 hours here.
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

you ignored all my pm's and requests for compromise and peace :c

And that didn't ring any warning bells to you? '<.

Also please keep OOC banter to OOC thread, evictedSaint, I made three different threads for reason ;v
SigFlags!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As a note, the no. provinces for Denmark and Finland in the status need updating. It looks like the other numbers have been sorted, though.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for my double post, but my thinking with the 'peacekeepers' is that it would prevent either country from taking control of the other's territory without declaring war on the ally also. Would this indeed be the case?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

It could be viewed that, by declaring a war of aggression on Denmark, who have fully ratified defensive treaties with France, Spain, and the United Kingdom, Finland has already declared war on Denmark's allies.

I don't want to interrupt your perfectly reasonable question however, please continue.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Sorry for my double post, but my thinking with the 'peacekeepers' is that it would prevent either country from taking control of the other's territory without declaring war on the ally also. Would this indeed be the case?

Yes, to capture a territory requires dealing with all defenders in it, so if foreign powers have their units stationed there, that means automatic declaration of war against them too v:
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12