Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: The Unfamiliar Year of 1940: OOC Thread: GAME HAS BEGUN (1 slot open)  (Read 10144 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Unfamiliar Year of 1940: OOC Thread: GAME HAS BEGUN (2 slots open)
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2017, 03:21:25 am »

Do airfield and hq bonuses stack i.e. for adjacent territories?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2017, 03:52:30 am »

Nope. Only 1 each is taken into account.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2017, 02:11:31 pm »

Sorry for yet another nitpick, but Romania's max army limit has yet to be updated. Also, shouldn't they have picked up an extra army in their new capital?

Oh, and evictedSaint, building an HQ also costs two armies, and only one improvement can be built per province per turn. You also won't immediately get the airfield bonus from Finland, since diplomatic agreements take a turn to process. I don't know if that'll influence your orders or not.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2017, 02:15:20 pm »

Sorry for yet another nitpick, but Romania's max army limit has yet to be updated. Also, shouldn't they have picked up an extra army in their new capital?

Technically: 3 from Capital, 3 from Populous Province '<. Also yeh, that is also true, will add.

Oh, and evictedSaint, building an HQ also costs two armies, and only one improvement can be built per province per turn. You also won't immediately get the airfield bonus from Finland, since diplomatic agreements take a turn to process. I don't know if that'll influence your orders or not.

TopHat once again the vigilant one v;
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2017, 11:44:00 am »

Ah...whoops, that was supposed to be a miliary action into Germany to take territory 50.  I guess it's too late now -_-
You could just declare war now, since war declaration is instantaneous. Not sure when the battle happens, though. Probably Romania's turn (the next one).

If I remember correctly, you'll count as the attacker even if Germany is the one who declares war, since it's his territory. So you'll probably get a chance to take it on Germany's turn, with the exact same odds as if you'd attacked now.

That brings up some more interesting questions, actually. What would happen to any retreating Danish armies in that situation? If Germany does declare war, can they still move troops into, through and out of #50 this turn, and when would the battle occur?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:46:27 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2017, 11:45:42 am »

Battle would need to be resolved at the moment of war declaration by Germany, yet during its turn, with Danish counting as attackers as they're in foreign territory.
SigFlags!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2017, 12:04:41 pm »

I had forgotten that I had allied with Germany right before they went afk.  It's annoying; I guess I'll just have most of my troops not defending any of my territory or doing military actions for another week :/

I guess Leviathan can just...give me the territory? On his turn? If he even shows up : (

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2017, 08:28:57 am »

About 6 hours left for Wolfhunter107? ;v
SigFlags!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2017, 03:29:50 pm »

It's too late now (and I'm fine with the current results in any case), but for future reference shouldn't I have had a +4 bonus there? (+1 Fortification, +1 Airfield, +1 adjacent HQ, +1 Dictatorship bonus).

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2017, 03:34:59 pm »

Dang, yer rite, totally forgot Dictatorship bonus ;v

Will remember next time.
SigFlags!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2017, 09:43:02 pm »

We agreed to an alliance, IIRC, but to double check

Denmark agrees to an Alliance with Finland.

Thanks for not wiping out my capitol.

The alliance becomes official at the beginning of the next turn.  Pretty sure both of us agreed to it twice.
I love the imagery of this. Double seals of acknowledgement from the monarch or highest authority, just to be suuuure. Now the paper is mixed with wax and oil. :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2017, 03:35:58 am »

It's ATHATH's turn, and if he skips for 2nd time, Turkey will be NPCized and up for grabs if someone else wanna join v;
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: The Unfamiliar Year of 1940: OOC Thread: GAME HAS BEGUN (3 slots open)
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2017, 02:13:34 am »

Six hours left for ATHATH.

EDIT: Six hours later and still no move from ATHATH, so he has been kicked out and Turkey is up for grabs if anyone wanna join.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:31:10 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: The Unfamiliar Year of 1940: OOC Thread: GAME HAS BEGUN (3 slots open)
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2017, 01:04:50 pm »

I am very unhappy that I have to remind like half the players to do their thing.

Tiruin it's your turn, please post orders or be skipped ;V
SigFlags!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2017, 02:24:49 pm »

I had forgotten that I had allied with Germany right before they went afk.  It's annoying; I guess I'll just have most of my troops not defending any of my territory or doing military actions for another week :/

I guess Leviathan can just...give me the territory? On his turn? If he even shows up : (

: cue puff daddy f smoke and spears ain ninja garb.:

I had a lovely a cantina n. Saw my extended family for the first time in two years. Going to study the rules and forplay serious now.

Still was a good trip. No regrets.

Also pissed Shadow Among the Stars has dropped out and re working my next thing (which I hope sticks) off to the strategy thread for notes!

: Summons a tiger, riding on it to sun set.:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12