Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Shadows Among the Stars: Game Thread  (Read 4795 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows Among the Stars: Game Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 08:59:08 pm »

Investigate Materials: This plan relies on directing large numbers of electrons across large spaces. Using the dwindling stocks of metals and semiconductors in the cargo vessel's holds, figure out which one(s) have the properties I need.

Attempt small-scale version of the technology: A really short-ranged handgun-sized weapon. Preferably capable of leaving someone twitching on the ground for about a minute. Namely, long enough for a Night Raider to tie and gag them.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 07:06:11 am »

When the scouts get near the planets, my ships will begin stealth procedures and wait for a bit so if they are discovered it will not draw fire to the scouts, then they will begin moving around the planets in order to observe the surface and what buildings and ships they have. If they are discovered by the empire or rebels, surrender peacefully and say that they were merely making sure the airspace was safe for a diplomatic ship that will be coming later and would be more than happy to wait as guests until that ship arrives. If discovered by pirates, begin battle actions, send message to the navy to begin the attack, and try to fly away and return after the navy has arrived.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 12:32:14 pm »

Spoiler: Ship: RTS PL-1 Tiamat (click to show/hide)
As multiple departments of the Randiri fleet scrambled to their objectives, Amelia counterchecked what could be possible within the fleet itself--this was a start for expansion and efficient use of the fleet's resources on a bigger scale, and given that she and her crew were handling thousands of lives in their processing, she wanted to ensure that this would be streamlined for greatest effectiveness.

It would help to get scouting information soon; with all the operatives focusing on their objectives, she could take her ship and crew to scout out minerals and other precious resources in the area.

Assess the overall quality of our recon and fleet supplies; focus on military quality this turn. {Try making a boost for boarders}
(Otherwise: Just note down where I can send in improvements; I'm aiming to check basic needs from rationing to materials for our science departments [abstracted between 'rare to abundant'] before doing trade runs in the next few turns)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 02:57:36 am by Tiruin »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 10:02:25 am »

Part 2
Khan: Roll result: 5(4+1): Your scans reveal that there are 4 raiders, and what appear to be 2 captured cargo ships. One of scanners tells you that they discovered:
Location of the pirate base
Hacked their communications
What do you choose?

Glass: Roll: 1. Your wings flutter as you place the “transfite” crystal into place on the copper armband. Your assistants try to tell you that it is merely plastic and a placeholder until you get some actual crystals, though you huff and shush them. You focus intently on the box across the room, trying to move it with your mind for several hours before deciding it must be the design of the copper that is stopping you.

2nd Roll: 5 You modify the copper design, and you feel a little something in your mind. It’ll probably require more of these crystals, you decide. (Need actual transfite crystals and/or psionic users to proceed further. -9 modifier)

Madman: Roll:5. You set up a conductor in one of the large cargo holds, and successfully discover the materials you need (Can choose what you build it out of)
2nd Roll:1 You modify a laser pistol to use the materials to attempt to shock someone, but it unfortunately kills the volunteer. (-2 modifier left)

Smoke Mirrors: (Not really sure which planets you are talking about). Roll: 4. As your ships move into position, you receive an alert that 2 raider ships are leaving the asteroids of the Marien 9. You would be able to attack them with only your ship and one other Raider, do you choose to engage?

Tiruin: The fleet has access to
Metal: Iron, steel, titanium, the stuff of which starships are forged and weapons crafted: 2500
Non metal inorganics: plastics, wood, crystal: 1000
Organics: Blood, flesh, crops.: 200
Food: People eat this: A month’s supply

Generally the fleet wants to have 6 month’s supply in food. It requires a 1000 metal and 500 inorganics to make a frigate.

Roll: 2. You attempt to take your ship out scanning, but before you get very far, your sensors pick up 2 pirates coming towards your ship! (Yeah, these are the same as SM’s).What do you do?

Blood Librarian: Roll:1. Your fleet approaches the capital planet. Your scan pick up 7 ships move to intercept you. 1 battlecruiser, 2 cruisers, and 4 frigates move in envelope you. You open a transmission to them, and a human admiral appears on the screen before you. You can see him twist his face in what you assume is disgust.
   “Ugh, a nonhuman. Leave this system immediately, or you will be destroyed!”
You attempt to negotiate, mentioning that your people need supplies. He takes this as your people are weak and desperate. He orders you to prepare to be boarded, and that you best surrender if you have any desire to live. What do you do?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 10:15:51 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 10:07:24 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The REV CE-1 Athena (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)
Fake transfite. Damn it.

Whelp, let's start working on a psionics test.

"Hey, everyone, if ya need to get any signal out urgently, you have my permission to patch stuff through the science channels. Our sensors an' transmitters are some of the strongest in the fleet."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:26:58 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 10:24:02 am »

To the other assistants: "Well, umm, yes, that can happen. Somebody get that man's body over to Medical, please. Heh. At least we figured out that the ditanium works pretty well for this. Would've been bad if we had to start competing with Glass over the transfite stores or something... Get on comms with the Fleet, the Diplomatic Department, and the Night Raiders, see if there's anything they need from . If not, I'll be prepping Bay 11."
Eglan preps Bay 11 with LOTS of insulation, and sets up his array of monitoring devices. (Experiment in preparation for the project, will do next turn, most likely)
Attempt another miniaturized version, but use it against a nonliving target, and by remotely pulling the trigger.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 10:53:57 am »

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Hack their communications.

"All hands to battlestations, we're going in. Gunners, target their main drive systems and then their weapons. Prioritise the raider type ships. Lets hear what they are saying. Oh and broadcast an ultimatum; Surrender now pirate scum or be destroyed!"

Keep the survey ships out of the fight and have them try and locate the Pirate base itself. Keep my cruiser outside their range where possible.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 11:02:16 am »

|TRANSMITTING_FORM_23.19|
NAME: FRANK PROCUL
TO:TIRUIN
REQUST: ACCSESS TO A R235-SHREDDER
REASON FOR REQUST: TO BETTER SERVE THE PEOPLE OF THE RANDIRI.
SIGNATURE: 01000110 00100000 01010000 01010010 01001111 01000011 01010101 01001100
|END_FORM_23.19|
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 01:52:19 pm »

Spoiler:  Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RNV Sinkable (click to show/hide)

Marloss immediately initiates a complex maneuver using the drive fields of every single engine of the fleet to move backward as fast as possible while allowing the RNV Sinkable to keep its barrel pointed at the enemy battleship while ordering the gunnery officer to charge the main gun as fast as possible.

Marloss transmits to homefleet that an emergency is occurring at his location, and requests further orders while establishing an open link to Central command, relaying what happens as it happens.

He orders that the communications team transmits an album of pictures of hulked warships, particularly of any noted enemies of the Edmiri Dominion and demand on-screen that the enemy admiral ceases or faces the consequences of failure for firing upon a fleet under the flag of Randeri Republic, a nation that should be by all interests an ally to the Dominion.

If diplomacy fails, disengange from the enemy fleet while ordering the frigates and the cruiser to keep them off of us as we retreat back to the main fleet.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:17:51 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 02:25:23 am »

{W/ Smoke Mirrors}

"This is Captain Amelia of the RTS Tiamat; hailing the Valravn. We have two pirate raiders on intercept course, they are not responding to our hails; requesting assistance for point defense as I maneuver for counter-boarding."

With Smoke Mirrors' help (or otherwise), get to boarding those two raider ships!

Spoiler: Ship: RTS PL-1 Tiamat (click to show/hide)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 07:29:12 am »

"Already on it Money Penny" (Game Thread, refer to people as their character)

"This is the Valravn to the Umbra, there are two pirate ships, sending you coordinates now, we are going to attack and board them, the later not until we have a safe passageway."

Finishing up his call to the Umbra, James Avalon got to the captains seat. "Procul" he called to the android "combat soon, get ready" and then, after receiving confirmation from the Umbra, he shot off towards the pirates, however, leaving some NR units to gaurd the Athens and pick up equipment.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 12:41:27 pm »

"Noted Marloss, moving in to support. Try not to inflame the situation any further."

Admiral Katsuo moves the rest of the fleet to support Marloss' detachment, opening comms with the lead admiral on arrival and attempts to get both sides to stand down.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 02:06:53 pm »

The Valravn launched the first attack, launching a barrage of missiles that slammed into the leading raider ship. The Night Raider also fired, targeting the second ship.
   James smiled a tight grin. This was going splendidly.
   That would soon change.
   The pirates quickly turned to meet these new threats, and launched a counterattack of their own. Their missiles slammed into the Night Raider ships, the Valravn taking the worst of it.
   Taking the fight into laser range, laser fire poured across the void of space. The Valravn shook and shuddered, and a massive explosion near blew off the starboard side of the ship. The force of it sent James  stumbling, and sent him careening into a console, gashing his head. He slowly rose to his feet, cursing at his skin glowing a bright blue.

The remaining Night raider dodged and weaved it’s best through enemy fire, and its return fire was accurate. It left one pirate near torn in half, and the other disabled.

The pirate ships are able to be boarded. The Valravn can send shuttles, and the Night Raider ship and the RTS Tiamat can also choose to send a full complement to either ship.

Marloss orders the fleet to immediately fall back, the fleet begins to turn back and retreat. The Dominion fleet immediately opens fire. You send a communication for them to cease, but they ignore you. You send an emergency message to the fleet, asking for assistance, anything. Admiral Katsuo responds, saying that he is sending the rest of the fleet to assist. However, the fleet is at least 12 hours away.

The intense barrage of fire overwhelmed the cruiser, missiles exploded deep in the hull of the vessel, and lasers melting armor. A massive explosion tore the ship apart. Your fleets return fire blew apart a frigate of theirs.

Your main gun is charged, and able to be fired. However, if you choose to stay, your ship will probably be destroyed.

“Message from the President, sir.” A comms officer shouts.
You put the message through.
“Admiral Marloss, your service to the Randir Republic has been exemplary, and we thank you and all the members of your fleet. This is a time of desperation for our people, and we cannot afford to appear weak to these people.”
“Do not surrender.”
Escape if you can, but if you must go down, do not go gently. You will be remembered. President Sejanus, out.”

What do you do?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 04:33:53 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The REV CE-1 Athena (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)
"Don't interrupt me, I'm trying to-
The hell do you mean, WE'RE FIGHTING THE DOMINION?!?!?
Excuse me, I need to work on us not dying."

Begin work on shielding. Have the initials "REV" removed from the Athena's name for the time being.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 05:14:33 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 05:11:28 pm »

Spoiler:  Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RNV Sinkable (click to show/hide)

Tactical retreat. maneuver backwards while keeping our weapons pointed at the enemy.

Send a message to the Dominions planet requesting that the rogue admiral or the second in command if the Battle Cruiser is destroyed ceases their madness and falls away from us.

Have the frigates hide behind my warship, maneuvering so that any damage sustained is placed onto our strongest plate armor.

Destroy the enemy Battle Cruiser using long range weaponry.

Once the Battle Cruiser is destroyed, send the frigates out to harass the cruisers, pouring fire on them as well as keeping as far away from the frigates as possible.

If it looks like the Frigates will be lost, send them to ram the Cruisers and board the ship.

Control the entire fleets, or at least the Battlecruisers individual profile so that any damage is mitigated by maneuvering so that fresh armor plates are exposed to enemy fire rather than compromised hull.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:03:37 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6